MLB Baseball 2010 thread: The Regular Season

Shortline Bus

Got this from the mlb.com Mets fan forum page.

1-CORA

2-CASTILLO

3-WRIGHT

4-JACOBS--WTF?

5-BAY

6-GMJ

7-FRANCOUER

8-BARAJAS

9-JOHAN

Damn no offense to Mets fans like Locomotion and R68 this is a horrible offensive starting lineup imo:cool:. Even the '88 Dodgers and the '85 Card are more explosive than this. Also why is Manuel batting Bay '5th?" Bay imo is their best batter right now till Beltran returns(if ever:o )

Sorry Met fans but imo unless Beltran, Murphy and Reyes return quick and have good healthy seasons, the Mets will be lucky to finish in 4th place in rapidly improving NL East. :confused:

And if things get ugly by late July and say the Phillies and Braves are way ahead of the pack in NL East, IMO the Mets should 'start over' and consider trading everyone including even Johan.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn no offense to Mets fans like Locomotion and R68 this is a horrible offensive starting lineup imo:cool:. Even the '88 Dodgers and the '85 Card are more explosive than this. Also why is Manuel batting Bay '5th?" Bay imo is their best batter right now till Beltran returns(if ever:o )

Sorry Met fans but imo unless Beltran, Murphy and Reyes return quick and have good healthy seasons, the Mets will be lucky to finish in 4th place in rapidly improving NL East. :confused:

And if things get ugly by late July and say the Phillies and Braves are way ahead of the pack in NL East, IMO the Mets should 'start over' and consider trading everyone including even Johan.

I really feel sorry for Mets fans this year, their lineup screams mediocrity.

1-CORA

2-CASTILLO

3-WRIGHT

4-JACOBS--WTF?

5-BAY

6-GMJ

7-FRANCOUER

8-BARAJAS

9-JOHAN

The lineup is really not that bad IF everyone stays healthy. Cora has an okay obp, Castillo always get singles. Wright can play under pressure so if theres a 1st and 3rd situation thats one score.

Bay and Barajas can hit. Francouer is more contact than power, but expect him to rack up 25 hrs by the end of the season. Now what they really need to do is work on that bullpen. That's where the trouble starts.

You do know that Josh Johnson record versus the Mets is 7-0,2.30 ERA right? I would bat Santana ahead of Barajas a 238 lifetime hitter....

Dumb question. I know it been done before but how often does the Pitcher bat 8th? I think in last few years, the Brewers i think batted CC Sabtha 8th and so did the Cubs w/ Carlos Zambrano. On side subject i wish the DH was gone for good. Players like Zambrano Johan and Sabthia could jack 5-6 home runs a season or maybe more even as picthers.

Dumb question. I know it been done before but how often does the Pitcher bat 8th? I think in last few years, the Brewers i think batted CC Sabtha 8th and so did the Cubs w/ Carlos Zambrano. On side subject i wish the DH was gone for good. Players like Zambrano Johan and Sabthia could jack 5-6 home runs a season or maybe more even as picthers.

Sabathia can hit though. He has 3 (or was it 2) home runs in his lifetime at bats. Plus he was a batter back when he was in high school.

Sabathia can hit though. He has 3 (or was it 2) home runs in his lifetime at bats. Plus he was a batter back when he was in high school.

CC reminds me of Dave Winfield. He could have been a good football player as well and i heard got a college scholarship offer to play WR/Tight End before picking a pro carrer in MLB.

Winfield was a world class athele and was drafted by NBA, NFL and MLB teams. Kind of like Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders years before them. If Deion stayed on a MLB carrer i dont he was a HOF leadoff hitter but Sanders would have had a very good carrer similar to a Tim Raines or Johhny Damon type leadoff man.

No joke i think when CC signed w/ Yankees, I think Joe Giardi mentioned in 'emgerency' situation such as an long overtime aka very long 10-11 extra inning games running out of players or blow outs either way he would use CC as a pinch hitter.

The Rays had an incident where there were 2 people for 3b when one of them was to be the DH and it forced the pitcher to bat. That could be a way to get CC to bat. But he should not be taking a risk to be a ph.

Swisher last year pitching was because the pen was already over taxed and the Yankees were already blown out in that loss.

No, disagree about the removal of the DH. The NL should adapot the DH as well. Pitchers are too important to risk. Look at Wang, if he didn't have to run the bases in Houston in 2008, he never would've been injured.

Nope Granderson strikes out too much for the two hole, Johnson on the other hand can get on base and is a great contact hitter.

That is correct, however it will be hard to bring Johnson home since he is a slow base runner,but you have power hitters after him in the lineup.

That is correct, however it will be hard to bring Johnson home since he is a slow base runner,but you have power hitters after him in the lineup.

True that's why Arod is going to have to hit a lot of homeruns and doubles in the gap.

The Rays had an incident where there were 2 people for 3b when one of them was to be the DH and it forced the pitcher to bat. That could be a way to get CC to bat. But he should not be taking a risk to be a ph.

Swisher last year pitching was because the pen was already over taxed and the Yankees were already blown out in that loss.

No, disagree about the removal of the DH. The NL should adapot the DH as well. Pitchers are too important to risk. Look at Wang, if he didn't have to run the bases in Houston in 2008, he never would've been injured.

I like having two distinct styles. The DH makes the AL different from the NL. It creates interesting scenarios and matchups in interleague and the World Series. Since the AL has a DH, its emphasis is on power. The NL emphasizes pitching and defense.

1-CORA

2-CASTILLO

3-WRIGHT

4-JACOBS--WTF?

5-BAY

6-GMJ

7-FRANCOUER

8-BARAJAS

9-JOHAN

Wright, Bay, Francoeur gives the Mets power. Castillo is a good contact hitter and will drive in some runs. Obviously, the Mets need Reyes and Beltran back as soon as possible. Reyes will thankfully be back on Saturday. Jacobs is not a great hitter. I would have used Frank Catalanotto instead as he gives the Mets good contact hitting and will be essential in run production. I feel Pagan should have been brought up instead of GMJ.

I like having two distinct styles. The DH makes the AL different from the NL. It creates interesting scenarios and matchups in interleague and the World Series. Since the AL has a DH, its emphasis is on power. The NL emphasizes pitching and defense.

Other than the Cards, Marlins [2003], D'Backs [2001], the WS has been one sided in favor of the AL teams.

Phillies, I feel is more an AL team than an NL team and they were much better than a mostly rookie Rays team.

Phillies, I feel is more an AL team than an NL team and they were much better than a mostly rookie Rays team.

I think the Phillies and last year's Yankees was the full package. They had good pitching and batting. Yankees had Godzilla, A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Posada, Swisher, Tex, basically every player in their roster was a good hitter. They had solid bullpen especially the big 3. Phillies had the same situation. They have well known pitchers (don't need to name them, you should know them), and deadly hitters like Werth, the infamous Howard, Utley. Both teams were simply the complete package.

Regarding the Mets, Wright, Beltran, Franceour, and Bay, like what R68 said are all good power hitters. Everybody else is a decent contact hitter. The Mets may not be awestruck teams like this year's Mariners Yankees or Phillies, but I don't think this year will turn into a disaster like last year's.

I still can't believe they showed womens college basketball on ESPN instead of the baseball game. Nobody cares about college basketball here. CBS carries the finals I believe.

Several times there were picture and audio problems from the MSG broadcast last night. Bud Selig is a rich moron!:tdown:

I think Yes had rights to the game so ESPN in NYC had to carry something else.

As for the game, I'm pissed off about how this game got away. I did like the offense at least from Granderson - that way pretty fast. And I loved the steal of home by Gardner, his misplay with the terrible throw to home undid that steal though.

CC did ok the first few innings, but the last one did him in, but at least he did a bit better than Beckett though. Certainly not a good game for either ace.

I still can't believe they showed womens college basketball on ESPN instead of the baseball game. Nobody cares about college basketball here. CBS carries the finals I believe.

Several times there were picture and audio problems from the MSG broadcast last night. Bud Selig is a rich moron!:tdown:

Locomotion i mentioned it in this post a week ago. CBS carried the mens college basketball final and ESPN the woman's title game on Tuesday night,

Also MSG has not shown a Yankee game since Sept. 2002.

Florida Marlins vs. New York Mets

1st pitch: Strike by Santana.

Top of 1st Inning

Pop up to Wright.

Strikout of Maybin.

Flyout to Francoeur.

Bottom of 1st Inning

HBP by Johnson to Cora.

Castillo narrowly safe at first after a sure DP.

2 - run Homer by Wright!!!!

Strikeout of Mike Jacobs.

Single by Jason Bay.

Popout to Paulino by Matthews Jr.

Top of 2nd Inning

Pop up to Barajas by Cantu.

Groundout to Wright.

Fly out to Matthews Jr.

Bottom of 2nd Inning

Groundout to Cantu.

Popup to Center.

Groundout to Sanchez by Santana.

Top of 3rd Inning

Beautiful diving catch by SS Cora to rob Ross of Base Hit.

Hit up the middle by Coghlan.

Sacrifice Bunt by Johnson.

Popup to first baseman Mike Jacobs.

Bottom of 3rd Inning

Short groundout to Johnson.

Johnson walks Castillo.

Castillo steals 2nd.

Walk to Wright.

Jacobs strikes out.

Bay strikes out.

Archived