Photography at the Transit Museum?

MK Ultra

Headed out to NYC and looking forward to my first visit to the Transit Museum!

I have looked through the photos posted here and wonder about photography at the museum as well as on the active subway cars as well. Not sure if there are no threads because these are obvious rookie questions?

Can I shoot with a tripod at the museum?

Am I allowed to shoot at all on the active subway cars?

Thanks for the amazingly informative website!

Photography is permitted in the Transit Museum, flash is as well. Not sure about the usage of tripods. Contact the museum for that. Yes, you may photograph all the trains that are open in the museum, inside or out. Just don't go into restricted areas.

Thanks for the responses to what turns out to be a rookie question! I saw the news bit that was posted here regarding Mr. Taylor and downloaded the NYPD letter for reference.

Looking forward to seeing it all in person!

Photography is permitted in the Transit Museum, flash is as well. Not sure about the usage of tripods. Contact the museum for that. Yes, you may photograph all the trains that are open in the museum, inside or out. Just don't go into restricted areas.

No, flash is not allowed.

When I took picture there when museum was $1.50, security says, "NO FLASH"

If it doesn't infringe with other people's enjoyment of the museum, or your and others safety, I would think a tripod would be okay. If you do use one, just don't blatantly break it out in front of the employees. Most of the museum personnel are very nice, but the Property Agents with the vests don't seem like the kind of guys you'd talk politics with.

If it doesn't infringe with other people's enjoyment of the museum, or your and others safety, I would think a tripod would be okay. If you do use one, just don't blatantly break it out in front of the employees. Most of the museum personnel are very nice, but the Property Agents with the vests don't seem like the kind of guys you'd talk politics with.

Except for the fact that it's NOT ok and if you are seen with a tripod and do not have prior authorization to use it, you will be asked to leave.

Also I wouldn't be so quick to knock the PP/A's...they actually are very helpful and friendly. Do you always judge people so quickly before you even meet them?

Except for the fact that it's NOT ok and if you are seen with a tripod and do not have prior authorization to use it, you will be asked to leave.

Also I wouldn't be so quick to knock the PP/A's...they actually are very helpful and friendly. Do you always judge people so quickly before you even meet them?

I'm not judging. I actually have spoken with them and it's just that every time I go there, they aren't as warm and welcoming as the museum staff are. Just my thought.

they're not there to be warm and welcoming, to you atleast as a visitor. get a job there and get to know the regual PP/As and they're some of the nicest guys around.

Okay, I'll take back my comment. What I meant was that they didn't seem as approachable. I've never had a problem with them. I didn't mean they were mean people. But after your comment, I see that they aren't there to be the curators or greeters- just do their job.

Archived