Speaking about my bank account to phone agent from india (outsourcing gets bigger)

Shortline Bus

Guys this topic is not meant to be insulting to anyone but i have to bring it up.

This issue also is not meant to agree with John Q Pine either way and start a flame war so please lets keep this chat cool.

Has anyone else notice besides me that more than ever when calling a '800' aka toll free number for questions it answered by someone not in the USA? Everything in calls ranging from your bank account to auto insurance and for while now, technical questions like your computer made outside of the USA. Mainly places like India, China such as Hong Kong is where i now get when calling Chase(my bank account) Allstate(my car insuarnce) and for several years now questions about technical issues with my computer. The Telephone agents from overseas, sometimes speak very little English

And no offense to those people but can't someone in the US do the job? Just wondering what you guys think of speaking to Customer Service agents half way around the world?:confused:

CHEAP LABOR.....bottom line. Instead of giving some americans who are out of work because of this horrbile reccesion, its being contracted outside the country to people who cannot be understood and have no 'feel' for the situation you might be having.

CHEAP LABOR.....bottom line. Instead of giving some americans who are out of work because of this horrbile reccesion, its being contracted outside the country to people who cannot be understood and have no 'feel' for the situation you might be having.

Exactly. It's been prevalent for a while. This appeared on my Global Regents last year as a document for an essay.

Outsourcing.

Exactly why I can't find an EET [(electronics & engineering technologies); what I have a degree in] related job anywhere in the... tri state area... it's either I move out to EE Broadway local's neck of the woods (Arizona), or set up shop over in India (anyone that owns a Dell pc & has ever called tech support is bound to have spoken w/ someone from India, that aint know a lick of english)....

People are willing to do more (work) for less (money) in other countries, compared to your average american.... Businesses know this, and they take their business elsewhere (which yields in more money in their pockets... but I won't get started on that)....

US citizens, sadly, are an afterthought to any business who partakes in global operations... most us americans want benefits, 401k, the whole nine (myself included)... average dude overseas.. man, they simply lookin to scrounge (sp?) up every nickel & dime they can to feed their (literally) starving famili(es)...

Yeah, I hate the idea that companies are resorting to this... it's like they saying a huge f*** you to americans... otoh, it's obvious as to why they seek to hire these people... they give these people these jobs, low pay, no benefits, etc etc... have them working ridiculous #'s of hrs.... I can see the hiring manager after the interview (if there even is one)... "congratulations, you're hired"....

SUCKER !!!!!

Yep, I can't stand it. I have to talk to someone with what sounds like marbles in their mouth about something with a company is very annoying.

Precisely what I was thinking. When I speak with someone over the phone, I want to deal with someone who speaks English clearly and fluently.

Guys this topic is not meant to be insulting to anyone but i have to bring it up.

This issue also is not meant to agree with John Q Pine either way and start a flame war so please lets keep this chat cool.

Has anyone else notice besides me that more than ever when calling a '800' aka toll free number for questions it answered by someone not in the USA? Everything in calls ranging from your bank account to auto insurance and for while now, technical questions like your computer made outside of the USA. Mainly places like India, China such as Hong Kong is where i now get when calling Chase(my bank account) Allstate(my car insuarnce) and for several years now questions about technical issues with my computer. The Telephone agents from overseas, sometimes speak very little English

And no offense to those people but can't someone in the US do the job? Just wondering what you guys think of speaking to Customer Service agents half way around the world?:confused:

This ish isn`t new.T-mobile is definitely guilty of this crap.And you guys wonder why sometimes there are long wait times,its because they are patching your calls overseas and because you aren`t paying for the call you have to wait awhile.The United States of America(Made in China).

This ish isn`t new.T-mobile is definitely guilty of this crap.And you guys wonder why sometimes there are long wait times,its because they are patching your calls overseas and because you aren`t paying for the call you have to wait awhile.The United States of America(Made in China).

Damn! Now So called US based cell phone companies too? Wow:eek:

Outsourcing sucks. American jobs serving America's customers getting sent overseas and all that money leaving the US to pay for those people.

When the US has money, and the US GIVES money to other countries, how is that good? It's not. Countries have to make money too.

And yes the outsourced service sucks.

in the words of a good friend..."patel patel & patel"....

Sio guys dumb question. Why is the tv news ie CNN, Fox News not talking about this imo an important topic ie out sourcing more frequent? Could be it seen as being 'racist' against the people of India and the China like what happened to former CNN Talk show Host Lou Dobbs?;)

No offense but this is much more important than Tiger Woods or Sen. John Edwards sex life imo.

This is why if I have an issue with my cell phone stuff I go to an AT&T store (tho honestly when I call customer service i get people with great english). If I have bank issues I visit a bank branch. I find there are very few reasons to call a customer service number unless these places specifically say I'd need someone in the CS department to handle it.

Sio guys dumb question. Why is the tv news ie CNN, Fox News not talking about this imo an important topic ie out sourcing more frequent? Could be it seen as being 'racist' against the people of India and the China like what happened to former CNN Talk show Host Lou Dobbs?;)

No offense but this is much more important than Tiger Woods or Sen. John Edwards sex life imo.

Because the shit you see on television is just that...mind rot shit. They'd rather focus on a dog show or two celebrities playing hide the sausage in the Playboy mansion than tell the real news about how this country is getting screwed day after day and no one has the balls to do anything about it except play right into the hands of those interests, foreign and domestic, that are taking away their money, means of earning, and property with every passing day.

I hope you New Yorkers start learning foreign language because when the old bags living in NYC die that land is only going to be afforded by a lot of RICH europeans who see it as "a nice investment"...

...I'll be fighting that day till the very end though...

...unless things improve...

Because the shit you see on television is just that...mind rot shit. They'd rather focus on a dog show or two celebrities playing hide the sausage in the Playboy mansion than tell the real news about how this country is getting screwed day after day and no one has the balls to do anything about it except play right into the hands of those interests, foreign and domestic, that are taking away their money, means of earning, and property with every passing day.

I hope you New Yorkers start learning foreign language because when the old bags living in NYC die that land is only going to be afforded by a lot of RICH europeans who see it as "a nice investment"...

...I'll be fighting that day till the very end though...

...unless things improve...

LMAO! HIDE THE SAUSAGE IN THE PLAYBOY MANSION!

*ahem* -_-;; anyway...

yeah the stuff they show on the news is pretty much crap right now..oh i miss the days where TV had quality.

Damn! Now So called US based cell phone companies too? Wow:eek:
I`d say about 85% of T-mobiles reps are of Indian origin,although sometimes I get Americans on the horn.And when you call them ,they can barely help you out,which is how I got into so much trouble with T-mobile,which is another reason why I left.-_-

• 2 weeks later...

Archived