The controversy of the Lady Gaga/Beyonce video "telephone'

Shortline Bus

Has anyone here seen the recent release of the controversial music video "telephone' by Lady Gaga in a duet with Beyonce? Not since maybe 1990 when Madonna released "Justify My Love' has a music video been so controversial and filled with strong sexual content. The video has been setting records of views on Youtube.com even with the fact the main MTV channel no longer playing videos. Even former teen idol Donny Osmond has blasted the video.

So guys any reactions? Here the news link from Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/03/25/2010-03-25_donny_osmond_slams_explicit_lady_gaga_and_beyonce_video_for_telephone.html

-____-....and people like this...that's why I stick with my 80's and 90's music...SMDH...

I see I'm not the only one that hates current-day music :P

The song is horrendous, and they both suck. Garbage.

All these so-called "singers" suck.

And who does this 'gaga' person think she is, Madonna of the new decade? Pathetic.

Just some random retard....and the horrible part was that she was born in NY City. What a disgrace to this city's name :cry:

This is why I don't bother with 'pop culture' these days. Fastest way to melt your brain matter.

Too bad over 45% of Americans have had their brain melted by it :P . No wonder I miss the 90's

Just some random retard....and the horrible part was that she was born in NY City. What a disgrace to this city's name :cry:

Actually Yonkers, NY that Lady Gaga aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta;is from but it's still the NY City area.

Plus Gaga (never after a hit '80's song Radio Gaga by Queen)was discovered at a party hosted by Jay-Z. Thus the reason for the Beyonce duet.

Here bio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga

And who does this 'gaga' person think she is, Madonna of the new decade? Pathetic.

Actually no joke Ms. Germanotta (her legal name) is supposed to be the new "Britney' 'Madonna' and 'Tina Turner' rolled into one. While Beyonce is supposed to be the name 'Whitney Houston' and 'Diana Ross'.:P

so what its controversial

music is music like that new Kid Justin biber from canada

we all say the Music now is trash but just Rember All the future generations will say the music we like is trash.

Ps Lady gaga was Found by jay-z and signed by Akon on Konvict Records.

its still music! ;-)

I keep hearing that she is a hermaphrodite Is this just speculation or what?

While i admit i am not the biggest "Gaga' fan in the world, that 'hermaphrodite' charge is unfair. They said the same thing for other 'weird' singers as well proven untrue mainly Cyndi Lauper in the '80's when she busted into the international pop music. Ditto for Donna Summer(anyone remember her lol)about 35 years ago.:eek:

The woman is talented musically and she is savvy in terms of the entertainment business.

She is like a Madonna or Britney Spears in that millions of people love her, millions more hate her and even more millions don't give a hoot about her.

Either way you feel about her, she has a Transit webforum discussing her. That is not nothing.

I like Lady Gaga (not a diehard fan or anything), I like the song, I don't know how the video is controversial but then again I saw the video in the middle of the night when I was half asleep so I only remember colorful guns.

I don't listen to this stuff. I listen to rock, opera, and other things not pop/rap/reggeaton. People think that this is good music, but it's not.

A bit off topic, but this is also the fact when you listen to opera these days. People assume that because someone can sing classical musical, that the person is the best. That's the case with a guy like Paul Botts (the guy from "Britain's Got Talent"). He botched most of the song. Yet, because of his background, and him singing one of the must beautiful arias in opera, people assumed the man could sing. Yes, he can sing. But just not opera. He also had a microphone, which is a no - no in opera.

Oh, and Gaga is a smart woman. She decided to do what Madonna did: Stick out, by using the strangest of costumes.

Archived