Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East New York

8XXX series RTS

Question: This bus used to be 8058. Does anyone know why a few of the 8000 series buses don't have high mount exhaust pipes?

8420.jpg

8420-2.jpg

They had not had a new engine (DD50), put into them. The only ones I knew of that were not repowered were the Zerega Training Buses. IIRC, they have 2 like that.

I sure missed those nonrepowered buses.

Hang out at Zerega to see them. I don't know if anymore are is active revenue service at NYCTA or MTA Bus...

Hang out at Zerega to see them. I don't know if anymore are is active revenue service at NYCTA or MTA Bus...

No more unrepowered RTS buses are still at NYCT. All the MTA Bus unrepowered RTS buses are gone however there are still a few Classics running.

in that first photo, the signs on the bus looks weird

Yeah, thats because it's a fake paper sign used for the Incredible Hulk movie. Notice how it reads "M20 Lincoln CTR to Battery Park" and the rear reads "M103" in orange

Yeah, thats because it's a fake paper sign used for the Incredible Hulk movie. Notice how it reads "M20 Lincoln CTR to Battery Park" and the rear reads "M103" in orange

Does that explain why an 84XX series RTS looks like an 80XX series RTS?

They had not had a new engine (DD50), put into them. The only ones I knew of that were not repowered were the Zerega Training Buses. IIRC, they have 2 like that.

Thanks. Thats something I always wondered about.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.