Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Brooklyn IRT Pics

Forest Glen

I finally took the (3) to New Lots. I said a prayer as it exited Utica Avenue. The area lived up to the stereotype. Fortunately, I'm still alive. I've officially been to every subway station in the system:

This is not a (4) train

SN853929.jpg

SN853933.jpg

SN853952.jpg

SN853948.jpg

Bonus pic

SN853978.jpg

Excellent shots! Just remember to travel with common sense and don't get off at a stop unless you feel comfortable doing so. As long as you're within the confines of fare control you'll be okay so it's really no big deal. If my instincts tell me not to get off at a stop because the area that surrounds it is sketchy, chances are I won't get off.

See, I told you there was nothing to be worried about. Hell, I'm more of a 'standout' there because I'm Asian.

IAWTP.

Excellent shots! Just remember to travel with common sense and don't get off at a stop unless you feel comfortable doing so. As long as you're within the confines of fare control you'll be okay so it's really no big deal. If my instincts tell me not to get off at a stop because the area that surrounds it is sketchy, chances are I won't get off.

IAWTP.

Speaking of the area, I was in the car with my dad and he drove down Pennsylvania Av after getting off the Jackie Robinson pkwy [rather than to deal with the Belt pkwy]. And it looked like any other place I walk thru in my neighborhood in the day. I would feel somewhat safe if walking under the el there. - not to flash around a dslr, but at least a P&S cam.

Archived