Food Police Want to Ban Toys in Happy Meals

Forest Glen

A Santa Clara County lawmaker will introduce legislation to stop restaurants from handing out toys with fast food menu items geared toward children.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=7345506

The Nanny State has gone too far. The Happy Meal has been an iconic tradition for years. I agree that McDonalds is mostly junk food. However, I don't see the problem with eating there as a TREAT. When I was growing up, my parents made me home cooked meals six days a week. On Saturdays, we would have Chinese food, pizza, or McDonalds. This dranonian and Nazi approach to fighting obesity is wrong.

A Santa Clara County lawmaker will introduce legislation to stop restaurants from handing out toys with fast food menu items geared toward children.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=7345506

The Nanny State has gone too far. The Happy Meal has been an iconic tradition for years. I agree that McDonalds is mostly junk food. However, I don't see the problem with eating there as a TREAT. When I was growing up, my parents made me home cooked meals six days a week. On Saturdays, we would have Chinese food, pizza, or McDonalds. This dranonian and Nazi approach to fighting obesity is wrong.

For most, it's not a TREAT but a typical dinner.

Wouldn't it be easier if they just make them change their food products... most kids get really depressed when they don't get the toy they wanted so imagine how they would feel if they don't get a toy at all

F*** these nanny state losers. I hope they all die in a big fire caused by grease from french fry cookers, just to spite them.

wow, a political thought emitted by subwayguy that i agree with. i'm impressed, SG. :P

wow, a political thought emitted by subwayguy that i agree with. i'm impressed, SG. :P

Told ya I'm not down the middle. Both parties got some OK ideas and some awful ones.

Bipartisanship is what you call it when you take the worst of both and combine them.

Reform is what you call it when you take what they have to offer and actually *gasp* improve things. Common sense is when you go a step further and do the stuff I've been suggesting all along :o

Or they become reef bait :P
LOL.You know guys all this fight obesity crap is all about money and keeping healthcare cost low,and now with the health care reform they feel kids will eat whatever they want and still be treated for it with no prob.If thats the case,they might as well eliminate all cartoon characters off the cereal boxes and just have plain carboard boxes marked fruit loop and apple jacks to make it less attractive for kids to want and eat.

All I have to say is that banning toys is not gonna stop people from looking like that lady that want's to become 1,000 pounds.

All it's gonna do is make the poor little kids :cry: cause they don't have anything to play with after the eat.

And this affects kids under 6 years old so this is very stupid

All I have to say is that banning toys is not gonna stop people from looking like that lady that want's to become 1,000 pounds.

Exactly. You want to make being a fatass an "unsustainable" hobby, kill the PC nanny state douchebags and allow everyone to make fun of fatties as much as they want. If skinny people can get told to "eat more" all the time someone should tell the fatties "maybe you should stop eating" or "hey i got you a present, its a gym membership" without them crying in their ice cream and wasting time with frivolous hate speech lawsuits.

Mockery solves a lot of problems.

*folds arms* Sorry but I need a toy with my happy meal.

That's grimy though, there's other ways to encourage healthy eating. Getting a toy in a happy meal is really going to make a child obese? Parents control what kids at that age eat. That's so dumb to me.

Archived