Transit union strikes back against MTA layoffs with inspections

CPBO

lot of hating on peta bread.....but the fact of the matter is that even if we checked these buses every day....all the defects and problems these buses have will not get fixed until we get some new equipment!! These buses were a good thing when Queens Surface first got them....but apparently they were not built for New York City streets.....they came from New Mexico and are probably more suited for no potholes and opening the door once every 20 blocks.....the removing of the drivers seat and putting in this Liberty II seat that they are using is just plain wrong....as far as I am concerned that is the most important seat in the house...

As far as union workers being lazy.....YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!

Thank you playa ,That damn (L)iberty seat isn't even bolted ©orrectly cuz every damn turn I make with them I feel like I'm gonna fall.

(N)ew Equipment B) We got new Equipment ,:pwe have 1868/1861 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1907 but there is some good news ,The (M2)ighty CNG's are slowly leaving our depot but I would like to see some (C)(T)4500's or the long awaited Prevosts ,I keep on hearing about :tup: (H)ampton (J)itney look out :((K)<R>

Oh my dear, hey all! So, I left for a few months and I let my cousin use my account and I return to find I'm an evil union hater... While I won't apologize for his comments as he is entitled to whatever crazy ideas he has, I hope this hasn't destroyed my username.

I have the uttmost respect for you guys and I show it every time I'm on a bus or in the subway.

Prove it ,Go out and call the Company and get us some ©ommendations for your beloved Transit System (K)<R>

So true..I see this especially on Long Island. illegals do all the construction here and people buy these 1 million dollar McMansions only to have tons of problems with them, like leaks. Why cant we enforce the law? We're becoming a 3rd world country because of this. Really makes me angry.:mad:

O please John Q public ..This is comming from somebody who was in the

Tunnel holding on for dear life and who wanted to call everybody down from the Prez to the Supt. Don't get me started Pal ,Your like Petabread ....Just another anoying Customer that has nothing else better to do but Biiiitch and Moan (K)<R>

Hey KnightRider there are several drivers out of CP depot who have recieved commendations from me. They were even given apples for them. As for myself, I believe I sent one complaint via e-mail to the MTA and it wasn't even for a driver.

I have control of my account and will change my password and maybe my username so my cousin doesn't use it again. Half the time I'm not even in NYC. I wasn't even in NYC on Friday when all this stuff happend.

Before I got this meteorology position in FL all my posts were about bus moves and such and never did I go after union workers or anything. I leave that stuff alone, I know little to nothing regarding the TWU and the MTA so I myself stay away from commenting.

I have control of my account and will change my password and maybe my username so my cousin doesn't use it again. Half the time I'm not even in NYC. I wasn't even in NYC on Friday when all this stuff happened.

That's not allowed petabread. You should have full control of your account on this website at all times. Try not to let it happen again okay. B)

So true..I see this especially on Long Island. illegals do all the construction here and people buy these 1 million dollar McMansions only to have tons of problems with them, like leaks. Why cant we enforce the law? We're becoming a 3rd world country because of this. Really makes me angry.:mad:

Once again, making assumptions. Did you ask to see their green-cards? How do you know they are illegals? They could simply be hard working individuals with 100% legal authority to be here. Even if they aren't legal, most of them pay into Social Security, yet won't be able to use it. I rather have them working, than mooching off the system like some people I know.

than mooching off the system like some people I know.

you wouldn't by chance be talking about certain individuals who steal money based on bullshit "disabilities" and then proceed to ***** about the services they use on internet forums...would you?

you wouldn't by chance be talking about certain individuals who steal money based on bullshit "disabilities" and then proceed to ***** about the services they use on internet forums...would you?

Totally uncalled for...both of you!:mad:

We're supposed to be adults here, not bashing individuals because you disagree with what they have to say.

Totally uncalled for...both of you!:mad:

We're supposed to be adults here, not bashing individuals because you disagree with what they have to say.

what's uncalled for is your unabashed racism, dipshit.

How is it racist to want the law enforced? This is really getting old...

what's racist is the fact that you're automatically assuming people are illegal immigrants. did you check their green cards? did you verify their status with INS (or whatever the agency is called nowadays)?

what's racist is the fact that you're automatically assuming people are illegal immigrants. did you check their green cards? did you verify their status with INS (or whatever the agency is called nowadays)?

I dont need to check their green cards. The reality is speak to any American citizen or legal immigrant who tries to get construction work and they will tell you the same thing. Companies hire illegals because they can be exploited easily. They will work for much less and wont complain about OSHA violations and not getting health insurance. Ever wonder why these unsafe working conditions are never reported? Because the employers will threaten to report their workers to INS if they do. Many workers are afraid of speaking up.

The longer we behave like this the more our country will go down the sewer. We have to do something about enforcing the law. If the government did its job and enforced the law, we'd have more jobs for legal immigrants and US Citizens and safer worksites. Haven't we forgotten the lesson of the Triangle Shirtwaist factory?:cry:

you are really a piece of work. you quote my post but fail to answer any of the questions that I asked you.

let's go over this one more time, david duke: you cannot determine ones immigration status just by looking at them. put the white robes back in the closet.

do yourself a favor and don't even reply to this post. the more you argue with me, the more I make you look like the racist that you are.

I dont need to check their green cards. The reality is speak to any American citizen or legal immigrant who tries to get construction work and they will tell you the same thing. Companies hire illegals because they can be exploited easily. They will work for much less and wont complain about OSHA violations and not getting health insurance. Ever wonder why these unsafe working conditions are never reported? Because the employers will threaten to report their workers to INS if they do. Many workers are afraid of speaking up.

The longer we behave like this the more our country will go down the sewer. We have to do something about enforcing the law. If the government did its job and enforced the law, we'd have more jobs for legal immigrants and US Citizens and safer worksites. Haven't we forgotten the lesson of the Triangle Shirtwaist factory?:cry:

My brother who lives in New Orleans, LA and is here legally works in construction, has no union, no health, works only whenever there are jobs to do but he does it, why? because it's an honest living and it pays the bills. I'm guessing you would think he is illegal regardless of the facts just because he is doing construction and is a minority.

My brother who lives in New Orleans, LA and is here legally works in construction, has no union, no health, works only whenever there are jobs to do but he does it, why? because it's an honest living and it pays the bills. I'm guessing you would think he is illegal regardless of the facts just because he is doing construction and is a minority.

No, I wouldn't think he is illegal. The illegal immigration issue is a huge problem in our country and while I'm not saying all Non-Union jobs are done by illegals, a significant amount are. I see the effects very much here on Long Island with day laborers waiting on street corners to be picked up. I also see this in parts of Queens as well. If they are looking for work, why dont they go to the Dept. of Labor like everyone else? Because they are not here legally!

Of course taking the immigration issue aside, I do feel its important for workers to be unionized to protect their rights.

You bring up an important side effect of illegal immigration though, and that is often legal immigrants are lumped in with illegals just because they are a minority. To me its the behavior, not the color of their skin that determines their likely immigration status. Loitering on street corners waiting to be picked up by trucks is not something a legal resident of this country usually does for work. Of course this topic wasnt brought up by me but someone else. Hopefully they can chime in again and explain why illegal immigration is bad for this country. Because I'm done discussing this topic.:P

illegals do all the construction...

Wrong website, wrong forum. I'm sure there's a forum out there somewhere that delves into exactly what you like to talk about. Look for it.

Keep the transit discussions here where they belong. Please.

Because I'm done discussing this topic.:P

We all are John. All we want to discuss is transit.

Thank you playa ,That damn (L)iberty seat isn't even bolted ©orrectly cuz every damn turn I make with them I feel like I'm gonna fall.

(N)ew Equipment :P We got new Equipment ,:pwe have 1868/1861 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1907 but there is some good news ,The (M2)ighty CNG's are slowly leaving our depot but I would like to see some (C)(T)4500's or the long awaited Prevosts ,I keep on hearing about :tup: (H)ampton (J)itney look out :P(K)<R>

CNG's leaving our depot..........I would love to see that.....that would make my day!! until then I will continue to have this back pain! The company that makes the liberty II should be sued!! or whoever ok that peice of junk!

CNG's leaving our depot..........I would love to see that.....that would make my day!! until then I will continue to have this back pain! The company that makes the liberty II should be sued!! or whoever ok that peice of junk!

I really feel for you B/O's. The MTA really has our hands tied ( the maintainers) the Liberty seat is just one example. I agree it's a piece of crap. But they are not buying new seats to replace broken ones, instead they have us put in used ones from junked buses, sometimes worse than the ones we're replacing. I can't f.... believe it sometimes but this is what's going on. They just don't give a shit about you.

I really feel for you B/O's. The MTA really has our hands tied ( the maintainers) the Liberty seat is just one example. I agree it's a piece of crap. But they are not buying new seats to replace broken ones, instead they have us put in used ones from junked buses, sometimes worse than the ones we're replacing. I can't f.... believe it sometimes but this is what's going on. They just don't give a shit about you.

With all the workers comp cases going on they will care....it is costing them millions to replace a 1100 dollar seat with a 200 dollar seat.....

Archived