The Shore Line Trolley Museum

Great work! I was reading on their website the classes are this month, and one today as I speak. Did you pass?

Looks like I'll be missing out on the chance to operate 6688 again this summer. :tdown:

Yes. The class for this year is now finished, I passed along with the rest of the class.

Nice Shots, Julio. I wonder what it's like to operate those cars.

They are fun, though I still prefer the RT stuff.

Congrats, I'll try hard to make it up there this summer for one of the chosen dates to operate!

If you're interested in trolleys you can call up to be a Guest Op during any operating day as long as you call up in advanced. For RT stuff, you can only come up on those said days for Rapid Transit weekends.

I may be able to go this year, now that I realize I can get schedules/maps by phone. Logistics have to be worked out, though.

Couple questions (guest operator related):

Is there an age requirement?

How far in advance should I reserve?

Is the R9 ready for service this year?

There isn't a age rule per se. To book a Guest Operator trip, you must do so two weeks in advance. This is for trolley cars only. For Rapid Transit cars, you must go up during Rapid Transit weekend, which is the first weekend of every month till September. The R9 is not in service. It is currently sitting on motorless trucks while the truck with it's motors gets repaired and serviced.

Archived