Time's Up "Jack Bauer": Fox-TV to cancel hit show '24'

Shortline Bus

Some bad news for fans of the long running Fox TV show '24' like myself. Time is up for FBI anti-terrorist agent Jack Bauer is the show will be canceled after May 2010. However fans of the series should not panic as talks are in the final stages to return Mr. Bauer in a movie version of this multi Emmy Winning Show. Not to mention over the show is already a favorite in reruns around the world as well and likely for many more years to come.

Here article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/03/27/2010-03-27_kiefer_sutherlands_24_will_end_in_may_fox.html

24 is my favorite show for the past few years. This is disturbing news...:tdown::cry:

Jack!!

Zach

24 and the Law and Order television series are about the best quality television on its a sad day for televsion. I know I watch 24 every monday at 9pm i'm going to miss it.

24 and the Law and Order television series are about the best quality television on its a sad day for televsion. I know I watch 24 every monday at 9pm i'm going to miss it.

At one time around 3-4 years ago, i would arrange my Monday Nights to watch '24' or tape it. However i think the show after 8 years is at the end of it's run as a regular TV series. Still a film is soon going to be made on this series though and should be out in 2-3 years time from now.:P

I agree with Nel. It's end of the era of two future classic tv series 'Law and Order' and '24' coming to close. Two great 'old school type' shows in an era now filled with 'reality show' crap.:

'24' is maybe to date the best 'quality' drama/action-adventure series in Fox-TV's nearly 25 year history. Fox has come a long way from the 'teen oriented/nighttime soap operas', it was most famous for prior to '24' such as the oringal "Beverly Hills 90210' and 'Melrose Place.'

At one time around 3-4 years ago, i would arrange my Monday Nights to watch '24' or tape it. However i think the show after 8 years is at the end of it's run as a regular TV series. Still a film is soon going to be made on this series though and should be out in 2-3 years time from now.:P

I agree with Nel. It's end of the era of two future classic tv series 'Law and Order' and '24' coming to end. Two great 'old school type' shows in an era now filled with 'reality show' crap.:tdown:

'24' is maybe to date the best 'quality' drama/action-adventure series in Fox-TV's nearly 25 year history. Fox has come a long way from the 'teen oriented/nighttime soap operas', it was most famous for prior to '24' such as the oringal "Beverly Hills 90210' and 'Melrose Place.'

Fox has come a long way since the Network, which was started in 1987 with their signature show being Married with Children and signature night was Sundays. Fox probably has two of the best Dramas on right now with 24 and House.

Fox has come a long way since the Network, which was started in 1987 with their signature show being Married with Children and signature night was Sundays. Fox probably has two of the best Dramas on right now with 24 and House.

If it wasn`t for married with children and the simpsons Fox would have been another lost UHF station.

If it wasn`t for married with children and the simpsons Fox would have been another lost UHF station.

You right to point St. Louie about "Married with Children' and the "Simpsons' being Fox 1st smash hit shows.

However, it's getting the rights to the NFL's NFC divison games and sole 'free tv' rights to Major League Baseball around 1994-95 that put Fox on the map as a permanet rival to the oringal "big 3.' The "Big 3' being of course ABC, NBC and CBS. Or else Fox would now being gone in TV station history like Dumont and more recent the WB and UPN.:eek:

You right to point St. Louie about "Married with Children' and the "Simpsons' being Fox 1st smash hit shows.

However, it's getting the rights to the NFL's NFC divison games and sole 'free tv' rights to Major League Baseball around 1994-95 that put Fox on the map as a permanet rival to the oringal "big 3.' The "Big 3' being of course ABC, NBC and CBS. Or else Fox would now being gone in TV station history like Dumont and more recent the WB and UPN.:eek:

True Fox built around the NFC package and gained many more affiliates. That put them on the map and made Fox a major player in networks.

True Fox built around the NFC package and gained many more affiliates. That put them on the map and made Fox a major player in networks.

Alot of those affilates are by strange irony:eek:, former CBS stations mainly in the midwest. Those stations switched to being a Fox station right after Rupert Mudrock made history with the world's first multi billion dollar long term contract with a major sports league. Best examples were former CBS stations in Detroit and Atlanta.

Alot of those affilates are by strange irony:eek:, former CBS stations mainly in the midwest. Those stations switched to being a Fox station right after Rupert Mudrock made history with the world's first multi billion dollar long term contract with a major sports league. Best examples were former CBS stations in Detroit and Atlanta.

Shows you how powerful a piece of the NFL televsion package is. Probably the most lucrative sports package in America.

I wish that Fox had kept the receipt on the pompous know-nothing Joe Buck. I've heard farts give better play-by-play commentary than that cat.

I used to like "24" a lot and I thought the concept was original and the storyline blew everything else away. But... Jack Bauer needs a rest. That dude has had a few miserably long days. I'd have traded that job in for a minimum wager without benefits a long time ago after the first day.

I wish that Fox had kept the receipt on the pompous know-nothing Joe Buck. I've heard farts give better play-by-play commentary than that cat.

I used to like "24" a lot and I thought the concept was original and the storyline blew everything else away. But... Jack Bauer needs a rest. That dude has had a few miserably long days. I'd have traded that job in for a minimum wager without benefits a long time ago after the first day.

Rutgers a big factor why Joe Buck became the #1 play play man for baseball and in recent years the NFL is simple. His Dad was the legendary St Louis Cardinals baseball announcer Jack Buck the Marv Albert of the midwest sportscasting. Jack Buck was also the #1 NFL football radio announcer for many years on radio as well covering many super bowls.

Guys can we get back please to the topic on show '24' being cancelled.

Rutgers a big factor why Joe Buck became the #1 play play man for baseball and in recent years the NFL is simple. His Dad was the legendary St Louis Cardinals baseball announcer Jack Buck the Marv Albert of the midwest sportscasting. Jack Buck was also the #1 radio announcer for many years on radio as well.

Guys can we get back please to the topic on show '24' being cancelled.

I know, and the sad thing is just that: he's not even close to being his father.

But back to original topic: the show did a great job of reviving Kiefer Sutherland's career, as well as opening the doors for Elisha Cuthbert and few others. Not to mention that it was chock full 'o' cameos over the years. The plot twists just became too much, and they all bordered on the same premise but with different characters and locations. I always liked how every episode was like a season finale cliffhanger. Still, how long can the same cow be milked before it runs dry? I'm personally surprised that the show has lasted as long as it has.

I know, and the sad thing is just that: he's not even close to being his father.

But back to original topic: the show did a great job of reviving Kiefer Sutherland's career, as well as opening the doors for Elisha Cuthbert and few others. Not to mention that it was chock full 'o' cameos over the years. The plot twists just became too much, and they all bordered on the same premise but with different characters and locations. I always liked how every episode was like a season finale cliffhanger. Still, how long can the same cow be milked before it runs dry? I'm personally surprised that the show has lasted as long as it has.

Not to mention it was the boost for Veteran Actor Dennis Haybert becoming a star as well playing President Palmer in the first couple of seasons as well. Haysbert career began as the moody Cuban-slugger in the Major League movie series and more recent as star of the "Unit."

Indirectly '24' had a role in Obama becoming President as well. Palmer was America's first Black President on the show but was not stressed much as he was focused on 1 world crisis after another.

Not to mention it was opening for Dennis Haybert aka President Palmer in the first couple of seasons as well. Haysbert career began as the moody Cuban-slugger in the Major League movie series and more recent as star of the "Unit."

Indirectly '24' had a role in Obama becoming President as well. Palmer was America's first Black President on the show but was not stressed much as he was focused on 1 world crisis after another.

Two good points, though the second can be argued to death. I'll agree with you on both though. Still, I'm sure there are days when Obama feels as if he IS Palmer.

It's a shame that George W. Bush never found any WMD, because he'd probably make an excellent George Mason. B)

Two good points, though the second can be argued to death. I'll agree with you on both though. Still, I'm sure there are days when Obama feels as if he IS Palmer.

It's a shame that George W. Bush never found any WMD, because he'd probably make an excellent George Mason. B)

Sometimes i wish David Palmer was a real person and real President. Compared to disappointment so far Obama has been and also hell of alot better than "GW.":(

Agreed Obama has been a disappointment as President one promise broken after another. Every episode of 24 has the intensity of a clifhanger and each moment of the episode leaves you on the edge of your seat, I like the twist and turns on each show makes 24 less predictable than most shows. The only show i can think of with more intensity would be the Shield.

As for Joe Buck I think he is full of himself and beleives his own press clippings. Buck wants to be the analyst and commentator instead of stepping aside for the commentator like Pat Summerall . Buck could take lessons from Summerall or in Baseball someone like Al micheals.

As for Joe Buck I think he is full of himself and beleives his own press clippings. Buck wants to be the analyst and commentator instead of stepping aside for the commentator like Pat Summerall . Buck could take lessons from Summerall or in Baseball someone like Al micheals.

Or from his own late father as well.

Archived