Time's Up "Jack Bauer": Fox-TV to cancel hit show '24'

Shortline Bus

Sometimes i wish David Palmer was a real person and real President. Compared to disappointment so far Obama has been and also hell of alot better than "GW.":(

Agreed Obama has been a disappointment as President one promise broken after another. Every episode of 24 has the intensity of a clifhanger and each moment of the episode leaves you on the edge of your seat, I like the twist and turns on each show makes 24 less predictable than most shows. The only show i can think of with more intensity would be the Shield.

As for Joe Buck I think he is full of himself and beleives his own press clippings. Buck wants to be the analyst and commentator instead of stepping aside for the commentator like Pat Summerall . Buck could take lessons from Summerall or in Baseball someone like Al micheals.

Those are topics deserved for separate threads, obviously. But nel, you gave me an idea to start a (F)U©(K) Joe Buck thread. B)

As far as the plot twists go... I love shows that forbid you missing a minute in order to understand everything just as much as the next person. But the rollercoaster ride gets old after a while. A TV show comes with an expiration date just like anything else in the world (except for Bob Barker and The Price is Right - I know Drew Carey hosts it now!). Again, I'm surprised, given the theme and the inherent redundancy that "24" lasted as long as it has, but that shows how well-written and produced every aspect of the show has been. Frankly, I'm happy to see it being retired. It's run its course, just as Prison Break did, and it's time for something new for the crew, the cast and the viewers. Hopefully it won't be replaced with some corny crapola like another Titus-type of shitcom and a worthy replacement will assume the slot.

I do disagree about The Shield. That's a good show, but one can argue that the Law & Order series, The Sopranos and The Wire, to name a few, offered extreme intensity but in a more subdued manner. Those three may not have been as fast-paced and filled with as many story changes and shifts, but they are cerebral plot-twisters with aspects of humor and realism, traits of which "24" did not necessarily posses as much.

Archived