12-9 Kings Highway On The (N)

Thanks.

At least SOMEBODY here is thinking about us train operators!

A lot of people think of the T/Os when this stuff happens. T/Os and the first responders are always the first people I think of when things like this happen.

R160s are my favorite car and i dont need to see one screwed up

And what about the other car types that the T/O is sitting behind that would have to deal with the same type of crap as the same who would be sitting behind a 160?

I really wish that people would stop doing this.... I dont like it

1. When you try to kill yourself on the tracks, you kill a part of the T/O as well

2. R160s are my favorite car and i dont need to see one screwed up

A human body, which is essentially a bag of water, skin/intestines and some bones versus a metal subway car probably won't leave too much damage on the car....as for the T/O's mind, thats a whole different story :confused:

Thats nothing, at least there was service on the Sea Beach after a while. Usually that does not happen.

First they made all (N) go via the (D),then around 5 they made CI Bound (N) via (D) and Manhattan Bound (N) via Sea Beach bypassing Kings Hwy. As of 7:30 tonight the Sea Beach resumed normal service.

First they made all (N) go via the (D),then around 5 they made CI Bound (N) via (D) and Manhattan Bound (N) via Sea Beach bypassing Kings Hwy. As of 7:30 tonight the Sea Beach resumed normal service.

Oh I know, I heard everything that happened to day. Everything was f**ked up because of this.

Yea. I just took the (N) home. I was surprised when I saw the two yellow lights where it would normally be a yellow and a green (indicating the train was going to switch to the West End line at 36 Street. Then the conductor mentioned an investigation at Kings Highway. The (N) ran express making stops at 9 Avenue, 62 Street, Bay Parkway, and then Coney Island.

Isn't it green and green at 36th st if it goes to sea beach,and not yellow and green?

The top is yellow because there is a timer (red signal) so you get a yellow on top.

That's not true.I go here every week and S/B at 36th street all express (N)

trains going to sea beach get a green and green signal.(Unless there is a train right in front,which almost never happens).

don't ppl ever learn that you will loose against a train and don't go on the tracks at all. Epic fail to this story now i see why mta looses money.

so far in the last 2 months its been 3 as of Recent 12-9ers

the "6,E,N" Respectively i just hope nobody try to kill themseves in front of the R1/9s on DukeElington day.

don't ppl ever learn that you will loose against a train and don't go on the tracks at all. Epic fail to this story now i see why mta looses money.

so far in the last 2 months its been 3 as of Recent 12-9ers

the "6,E,N" Respectively i just hope nobody try to kill themseves in front of the R1/9s on DukeElington day.

When is Duke Ellington day again? I know it's in April. Are there plans to run the Arnines on that day or now?

trains going to sea beach get a green and green signal.(Unless there is a train right in front,which almost never happens).

The line up at 36th street is:

F3 X68 Ball

(N) to 59th- Green over Green

(D) to 9th Ave- Yellow over Yellow

My mistake, it's green/green and not yellow/green for continuing express to Sea Beach.

Nearly nude, one-legged woman found dead on Brooklyn subway tracks

BY JILL COLVIN AND WIL CRUZ

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Monday, March 29th 2010, 4:00 AM

The mangled body of a nearly naked young woman was found on the tracks near a Brooklyn subway station Sunday - and her prosthetic leg was discovered a few feet away.

The woman's body was found about 3:40 p.m. in a subway culvert about 100 feet from the Kings Highway station on the N line in Bensonhurst.

"I heard one of the workers screaming on the radio, 'A woman's body on the tracks!'" said Matt Bencivenga, a dispatch manager for a car service company nearby. "She was all mangled."

The woman, who was wearing only black panties, was apparently struck by a train. Besides knocking off her prosthetic leg, the impact severed her hands, authorities said.

Police said the woman's death was not suspicious, suggesting it might have been a suicide. Even so, witnesses were spooked at the gory sight.

"We feel scared," said Anna Berrezveta, 35. "We see the body. We see the blood, everything."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/03/29/2010-03-29_nude_woman_found_dead_on_rails.html

How long before the next one....:P

I hope that doesn't happen anymore. Train operators have so much to deal with these days, train traffic, delays because customers holding doors, some passengers talking too loudly near them (loud enough they can't hear their radio). To deal with hitting a person on the tracks, (my gosh, may our best wishes be with those train operators) Terrible.

Archived