NYCT and NYPD are out on high alert

just heard NYCT RCC say be on alert and if you see something let RCC know asap and cops are are even watching people with cams and taking videos just letting people be safe
Due to the terrorist attack in Moscow today.Guys planning on railfanning in certain areas this week might want to lay low for a bit..Seriously:o

They should be on alert, the NYC Subway is a dream target. Remember, if anyone here really feels like railfanning to day and you get stopped by the cops, COOPERATE with them. If you are evasive, defensive, or just plain suspicious, you deserve what ever you get.

They should be on alert, the NYC Subway is a dream target. Remember, if anyone here really feels like railfanning to day and you get stopped by the cops, COOPERATE with them. If you are evasive, defensive, or just plain suspicious, you deserve what ever you get.

the the gov't will show up at the station house

Good Advice!

some people here are permanently incapable of the "C" word...

They could have waited until after spring break... :tdown: I'm going to NY after more than 3 months of not visiting and this happens.
Just get one of those shirts that say "I'm a photographer, not a terrorist".B)

damn it and i was going to head to the (2) and (D) g/o later..

Oh well idc im still doing it, late nights theres not much cops around.. In certain areas.

Every time some terrorist attack occurs these bs happens B)! Its always an issue with Public Transportation Fans.

Oh well im gonna have my rules of conduct/NYPD detectives with me and cooperate as INDman says!

Oh ya:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/MTA-Beefing-Up-Security-Following-Moscow-Subway-Bombing-89385567.html

They could have waited until after spring break... :tdown: I'm going to NY after more than 3 months of not visiting and this happens.

go out and take pictures..........dont let this deter you.........

what i find interesting is that they want you to look out for suspicious things, but who you gonna tell? you got no clerks now.........

just keep in mind walder was in charge when they had a subway bombing back in 2005........just something to chew on...........

go out and take pictures..........dont let this deter you.........

what i find interesting is that they want you to look out for suspicious things, but who you gonna tell? you got no clerks now.........

just keep in mind walder was in charge when they had a subway bombing back in 2005........just something to chew on...........

I agree, I should go out and do what's allowed in any case, but I try to avoid unnecessary trouble at all times. The fact that many cops are not understanding of photographers just bothers me, so instead of going out there I wait it out, but not this time! :tup:

Just get one of those shirts that say "I'm a photographer, not a terrorist".B)

That will make me look like even more of a terrorist who's gonna blow the city up...

It won't make you look like a photographer or a terrorist.

It will make you look like a douche bag.

Security was on HIGH alert tonight.

At the Broadway-Nassau (A) platform, a police officer (placed inconspiculously at the very end of the platform facing the temporary construction wall, and camera video feeds) was on duty. First time I've seen him there, in fact.

photo-36.jpg

Workin hard or hardly Workin

Security was on HIGH alert tonight.

At the Broadway-Nassau (A) platform, a police officer (placed inconspiculously at the very end of the platform facing the temporary construction wall, and camera video feeds) was on duty. First time I've seen him there, in fact.

Workin hard or hardly Workin

ummm... theres always a cop there, thats not new at all..

Archived