Your first cellphone

St Louis Car 09

Compared to current phones,any phone from 2000 to I say 2005 were basic but rock solid built phones.Todays phones are sooo computerized and sensitive if dropped.

Yes that one was rock solid and built like a tank. I remember the 2nd phone I got I dropped from 3 feet up and destroyed the screen...the one time I actually bought technology insurance and used it to replace it. 2 weeks after getting the replacement I walked into a desk because some a-hole in school moved it as I was walking (not on purpose, but he's still an a-hole for it) and the front (not main) screen cracked.

However, they have improved them since then. The one I have currently I am pretty happy with, don't know what I"m going to do when the contract is up in a few months.

I don't remember my first cellphone. I do know that I've had the same cellphone number for just about 10 years. I've only had one other cellphone number. Before that I had like 10 different beepers. :P

I used to be on Nextel for about five years or so. I was real happy when I finally dropped them.

I've been with Nextel for 11 years now, and I really couldn't survive without the radio/phone option. I breifly switched to at&t when I got my iphone wich was one of the dumbest things I ever did and had switched back to nextel quickley. Yes you get alot of dropped calls with nextel especially when your driving around town, but I love it, and Its a life tool in my line of business.

My first cell phone was the Motorola Startac. First Cell phone for the family was the old Motorola flip phone, it was fat and grey in color, carrier was cellular one. And my favorite beeper was my Motorola airtouch with the blue screen.

my first and current phone is small but old as dirt. i am the ONLY person that i know of that cannot send or recieve pictures and has a pixelated screen that is only black-and-white. The Neanderthal man is more advanced than my phone. And to make matters worse, it's VIRGIN MOBILE!!!!!!!!:mad:

nokia2115i.jpg

my first and current phone is small but old as dirt. i am the ONLY person that i know of that cannot send or recieve pictures and has a pixelated screen that is only black-and-white. The Neanderthal man is more advanced than my phone. And to make matters worse, it's VIRGIN MOBILE!!!!!!!!:mad:

nokia2115i.jpg

Wow.Now and days te nokia start up screen is in color:)

imo the thing today is that some people forget what the main purpose of the telephone as alexander graham bell intended is: to make and recieve telephone calls where you talk to the other guy have a nice conversation and thats it. i think mr.bell would be shocked to see how many people's lives totally revolve around his invention way beyond just talking to people

imo the thing today is that some people forget what the main purpose of the telephone as alexander graham bell intended is: to make and recieve telephone calls where you talk to the other guy have a nice conversation and thats it. i think mr.bell would be shocked to see how many people's lives totally revolve around his invention way beyond just talking to people

Normal Person:

-A phone is needed to call, receive calls, and have maybe a little Caller ID/redial.

Modern Tech Freak:

-A phone is needed to go on the Internet, to send text messages, to send picture messages, to take photos, to type, to............., and to receive calls, if ever necessary.

I remember when I got my 1st phone. I thought I was so popular lol. But these is what I have/had...

2005-2006: Boost i855 (stolen)

2006-2007: Boost i855 (dropped)

2007-2008: nothing at all :P

February 2009-June 2009: Sidekick 3 (fell in the rain)

June 2009-September 2009: Sidekick 3 (dropped in the toilet [don't ask])

September 2009-Present: Sidekick LX

Who remembers these?

t900blue.jpg

I was so jealous of my family members who had 2 ways, I always used to jack my mother's one. This was way before I even needed a phone, I doubt I was even 10 yet.

I had that one..

This was my first cell phone. SprintPCS when they first rolled out and were Digital

samsung-sch-1900.gif

Normal Person:

-A phone is needed to call, receive calls, and have maybe a little Caller ID/redial.

Modern Tech Freak:

-A phone is needed to go on the Internet, to send text messages, to send picture messages, to take photos, to type, to............., and to receive calls, if ever necessary.

Phones that go on the internet are not phones. They are handhelds w/ a phone "function"

It's a phone, in fact, the iPhone. Said (i)Phone also features the internet.

We can do this all night baby.

But with these "handhelds", people don't pay much mind to the phone function, matter of fact, the iPhone has no physical Talk/End keys!

But with these "handhelds", people don't pay much mind to the phone function, matter of fact, the iPhone has no physical Talk/End keys!

Sure, people use handhelds for different purposes.

Still doesn't make it not a phone.

Last time I checked, a physical talk or end button has nothing to do with whether something is a phone or not.

The times they are a changin' grandpa.

Sure, people use handhelds for different purposes.

Still doesn't make it not a phone.

Last time I checked, a physical talk or end button has nothing to do with whether something is a phone or not.

The times they are a changin' grandpa.

Never said that. You look at what people do with their iPhones in rhe subway....sure aint using it for talking. I'm not saying they're not phones, it's that the phone function is overlooked

Never said that. You look at what people do with their iPhones in rhe subway....sure aint using it for talking. I'm not saying they're not phones, it's that the phone function is overlooked

More people text rhank have an actual conversation on their cell phone wether its a smart phone or basic feature phone.

Archived