Man plunges to his death from Empire State Building observation deck

ColumbiaDeath

Oy vey!

Man plunges to his death from Empire State Building observation deck

By LARRY CELONA and MATT WILLIAMS

Last Updated: 7:53 PM, March 30, 2010

Posted: 7:19 PM, March 30, 2010

A man jumped to his death from the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building tonight, police sources said.

The jumper, who was in his 20s, landed on the sidewalk by a bank branch on W. 34th Street near Fifth Avenue at about 6:30 p.m.

Police believe he was able to get over the barriers because there weren’t too many people on the deck due to rainy weather.

Jason Beck, 28, of Brooklyn was walking with a friend on the street when the tragedy occurred.

"My friend heard this really loud weird sound," he said. "He turned around and saw someone splattered on the ground."

Severe%20Weather195037--300x450.jpg

via: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/man_kills_self_by_jumping_off_empire_gJ4noPn95xJOLovEsMIEpN

Eh, the world is overpopulated anyway...

Whaddaya want me to say? If a person can't find a reason to keep their own life, I can't think of one either. It is what it is, let it be. Sucks for those that have to clean up the mess, but shit is bad, and people are predictable creatures. This is what happens when people feel like there's no other recourse.

Eh, the world is overpopulated anyway...

Whaddaya want me to say? If a person can't find a reason to keep their own life, I can't think of one either. It is what it is, let it be. Sucks for those that have to clean up the mess, but shit is bad, and people are predictable creatures. This is what happens when people feel like there's no other recourse.

The F'n problem is it could be my mother, your sister or whoever walking and getting killed because of this moron. He probably jumped because his x girlfriend un-friended him on face space or one of those other weird web-sites

The F'n problem is it could be my mother, your sister or whoever walking and getting killed because of this moron. He probably jumped because his x girlfriend un-friended him on face space or one of those other weird web-sites

When it's time to go it's time to go, I ain't gonna lose any sleep or sweat over it. Thankfully it seems no one "innocent" was hurt. No one ever said suicide victims were selfless in their demise.

When it's time to go it's time to go, I ain't gonna lose any sleep or sweat over it. Thankfully it seems no one "innocent" was hurt. No one ever said suicide victims were selfless in their demise.

Well hopefully no one falls on you or me because I have things to do that day. Jump off the brooklyn bridge or g.w bridge. no one will be hurt.

it'd be hard to jump off of the Brooklyn Bridge unless getting hit by traffic was your thing. also, the pedestrian carriageway is small enough to facilitate others' stopping you. if you ask me, I think the Triborough would be the best choice...no fence along the center span. :tup:

it'd be hard to jump off of the Brooklyn Bridge unless getting hit by traffic was your thing. also, the pedestrian carriageway is small enough to facilitate others' stopping you. if you ask me, I think the Triborough would be the best choice...no fence along the center span. :tup:

Cool, just don't distrupt traffic please because I wanna be able to cross the bridge w/o any problems. I hate unecessary traffic.

Hey now, don't be giving people some ideas now.....:)

Maybe...(I'm just saying that because I never knew the Triborough had a pedestrian walkway, and I haven't seen it). I'd go with the Bayonne Bridge...I walked across it from New Jersey to Staten Island last month and not a single pedestrian was on it, just me and the cars on the roadway.

(M2)e and my wife are dying over here :( (F)ace space unfrnd

The only bad thing about this is that he could have killed someone if he landed on them. Other then that, I don't see the problem. At least he did it before the cops were called and had to waste time trying to call him down, then send some E man out there on a rope to try and grab his stupid ass. Now if, in the unlikey event that this was a "tragic" accident ( did not bother to read the story), thats what you get for leaning over the edge, the fence is there for a reason.

The only bad thing about this is that he could have killed someone if he landed on them. Other then that, I don't see the problem. At least he did it before the cops were called and had to waste time trying to call him down, then send some E man out there on a rope to try and grab his stupid ass. Now if, in the unlikey event that this was a "tragic" accident ( did not bother to read the story), thats what you get for leaning over the edge, the fence is there for a reason.

But the fence at the building on the 86th Floor is well above six feet, or even higher IIRC. I was there last in the Summer of 2002. A person who wanted to off themselves by throwing themself off the building would have to propel themselves by running and jumping up and climbing over. Since it was a rainy day there were less people there so there was a lesser chance of anyone trying to stop him.

Archived