Question for RTO personnel

DOB2RTO

I had stated that if everything goes well in RTO for me that I want to move up to TSS. My thing is I want to take the TWU shop steward class, while I'm still a B/O, or when I become a T/O (whenever a shop class is held). Do any of you know if that will hurt ones chances to move up from T/O to TSS, since you know how to defend the personnel you will possibly be writing up?

No, If you become a Shop steward it won't hurt your chances becoming a TSS I know a few Union Guys who are now on the "Other side". However alot of them change there ways and look to hang people with the new title. I seen a few people change going into Supervision. I tell people if I change because of a new title just hit me over the head.

As of now I don't want to be apart of the Union or Management. The Union never did me any justice I handled all my problems with supervision directly. I don't want to join Mgt because I don't want to have to find stuff to hang a fellow Co Worker on.

I tell people if I change because of a new title just hit me over the head.

I'll do it just for fun.....

As of now I don't want to be apart of the Union or Management. The Union never did me any justice I handled all my problems with supervision directly. I don't want to join Mgt because I don't want to have to find stuff to hang a fellow Co Worker on.

I agree about the second part, but I do want to teach, and supervise. You do something wrong, I'll talk to you first. It would have to be a repetition of the same wrong/dangerous stuff, for me to write anyone up. The union hasn't done too many justice, and some of us would like change. They are too "friendly" with management. If I become a shop steward (before becoming a TSS), I hope to hear bring D in with you, cause he'll defend you tooth and nail.....

Archived