NYCT Employees: What was the most difficult thing you've had to learn?

Rutgers Tube

The last sentence sums it all up. It's an instant classic !!! Working for these people means that ....

1- You're guilty, even when proven innocent

2- Any lame-brained drunk obnoxious customer/passenger is right and you're wrong

3- You have no other life or commitments beside the (MTA)

4-You are just a # and it can and will be taken away from you on a whim just because we can

5-You and your family, loved ones, belong to the (MTA) and we will make the final determination on when/if you can see them.

6-Be happy you have a job so shut up, bend over and touch your toes. BTW we have no grease so grin and bear it.

Mind if I slightly amend this to see what I've learned during the few years I've been working for the City of New York?

1. You're never entirely innocent. Even if it's proven that you're not guilty, you're never labelled as "innocent." Your case just kind of fades from the forefront and you're followed around by (we have the I.G.'s) until either they get bored, reassigned or you're clean for a while.

2. Everyone is right; you're always wrong. It doesn't matter who (or what, for that matter) it was, you're wrong. Jimmy Hoffa calls 311 to submit a complaint, I'm investigated.

*Side note: Has anyone here ever met this Anonymous *******? He/she seems to be everywhere looking for stuff to complain about. I'd hate to be the idiot who married this chronic whiner. ;)

3. You can have a life, but it's the one we issue you on your starting date, it is subject to change without prior notice, and you must return it upon termination, resignation or retirement. Any personal alteration without the expressed written consent of management will result in disciplinary action.

4. You are nothing more than a number, and if you play that number in the lotto drawing, 150% of your winnings are due to your agency for stealing their idea.

5. Loved ones? What loved ones? Learn to love us, because we love you and ONLY you. Anyone ever have management stop out during your work shift, smile at you as he/she shook your hand and told you "Nice job," and when you got back, you received a disciplinary action? It's almost as if you're written up for not rolling a red carpet out.

6. Smile, get down on all fours, and "squeal like a pig."

Apologies go out if that last statement is too graphic to post, but it was listed on the vacancy notice as a job requirement... :)

Archived