If Only the MTA had enough money

R44 CNG

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of the Orion 5 and 6 and the Orion 7 OG but IMO Orion made a huge downgrade when they made Next Gens. I hate having to see all that crap in Staten Island, especially after school when I take the S79. Most of the time I do get an O5 but when I get a NG it just kills my day cuz I want a ride on a good bus on my way home.

NG = junk that shouldn't be allowed on the road.

If you hate the Next Gens so much, go kill Jay Walder, take his job, and order the bus to YOUR specifications. ;)

And watch, then I'll see new buses with no power steering :)

Eldorado... Champion....

Good luck riding those POS.

If you hate the Next Gens so much, go kill Jay Walder, take his job, and order the bus to YOUR specifications. ;)

And watch, then I'll see new buses with no power steering :)

You an idiot. Jay Walder has nothing to do with Orion VII NG order.

You an idiot. Jay Walder has nothing to do with Orion VII NG order.

And you're a dumbass....not realizing it was a joke.

Oh, by the way, it's You're an idiot, not you an idiot, and it's Jay Walder has nothing to do with the Orion VII NG order, not Jay Walder has nothing to do with Orion VII NG order. So check yourself before calling others idiots.

And you're a dumbass....not realizing it was a joke.

Oh, by the way, it's You're an idiot, not you an idiot, and it's Jay Walder has nothing to do with the Orion VII NG order, not Jay Walder has nothing to do with Orion VII NG order. So check yourself before calling others idiots.

Then you shouldnt be joking in this forum, dumbass.

I see about 99% of the people here don't have a problem with me joking.......It's only that select 1%. And yo........that select 1% needs to go get hit by something 80 wheeled, large, and metallic.

Good luck riding those POS.

Eldorado does good work in Canada, and the only thing bad about the Champions is the appearance cause they were going to European themes. And Thomas is still building high floor buses as well... If someone could build a 100% low floor bus (with no stairs in the middle) like the Orion VI minus the n00b design then that could be more of a benefit to all riders than the ones that are build now that only benefit disabled and senior riders.

I see about 99% of the people here don't have a problem with me joking.......It's only that select 1%. And yo........that select 1% needs to go get hit by something 80 wheeled, large, and metallic.

Huh? What you wrote and other jokes never make sense.

Unless I'm blind I don't see "Moderator" under your name! Please take a deep breath and don't take offense to every little thing that is said.

No offensive but you not funny, no need to make a silly argument with me like that wimp.

Eldorado does good work in Canada, and the only thing bad about the Champions is the appearance cause they were going to European themes. And Thomas is still building high floor buses as well... If someone could build a 100% low floor bus (with no stairs in the middle) like the Orion VI minus the n00b design then that could be more of a benefit to all riders than the ones that are build now that only benefit disabled and senior riders.

The problem is ElDorados and Thomas buses with high floors are not suited to do large scale transit duty. Those buses either use in shuttle service and medium to low size transit duty. You wont see NJ Transit buying these in local routes.

Why can't he? People can't have a laugh every now and then?

Unless I'm blind I don't see "Moderator" under your name! Please take a deep breath and don't take offense to every little thing that is said.

IAWTP.

No offensive but you not funny, no need to make a silly argument with me like that wimp.

WTF IS YOUR ISSUE??? You're totally taking things out of proportion man. RR4567 and I joke around, there are several other people here who I like to joke around with and others who like to have fun and joke around too on this board. Lighten the hell up, like seriously. If you are going to take his initial statement which was aimed at ME IIRC so serious then there are hundreds of other threads you can participate in.

If you had a goddamn brain it would.

WTF IS YOUR ISSUE??? You're totally taking things out of proportion man. RR4567 and I joke around, there are several other people here who I like to joke around with and others who like to have fun and joke around too on this board. Lighten the hell up, like seriously. If you are going to take his initial statement which was aimed at ME IIRC so serious then there are hundreds of other threads you can participate in.

It seems to me he has many issues. He needs to go seek professional help if jokes on an Internet forum bother him.

The problem is ElDorados and Thomas buses with high floors are not suited to do large scale transit duty. Those buses either use in shuttle service and medium to low size transit duty. You wont see NJ Transit buying these in local routes.

Thats very true. They could get Eldorados for replacing the 30 foot buses (RTS and Bluebird) and then the rest get replaced by NABIs. Then there's the whole thing with the Artics... thats where NJT HAS to go low floor unless NABI is willing to bring back the 436 model or Neoplan comes back to the American market the Artics will be low floor no matter what. I really hope that those low floor artics are good if they do come... none of that BRT crap

Oh come on, stop hiding behind your screen full of hot mouthed arrogance and realize that you aren't making yourself look tough at the expense of others. Instead, you're making yourself look like a idiot and at the same time a wimp, to the benefit of others.

Oh come on, stop hiding behind your screen full of hot mouthed arrogance and realize that you aren't making yourself look tough at the expense of others. Instead, you're making yourself look like a idiot and at the same time a wimp, to the benefit of others.

Don't waste your time arguing with him....

Remove my previous comment....

Anyway, WGF arguing with you and the others.

Thats very true. They could get Eldorados for replacing the 30 foot buses (RTS and Bluebird) and then the rest get replaced by NABIs. Then there's the whole thing with the Artics... thats where NJT HAS to go low floor unless NABI is willing to bring back the 436 model or Neoplan comes back to the American market the Artics will be low floor no matter what. I really hope that those low floor artics are good if they do come... none of that BRT crap

They could ask NABI to bring back NABI 436 but that will cost more. They need some New Flyer, Orion in NJT land.

Remove my previous comment....

Anyway, WGF arguing with you and the others.

They could ask NABI to bring back NABI 436 but that will cost more. They need some New Flyer, Orion in NJT land.

Well If New Flyer comes in, they can only make the D60LFR.... i don't see NJT ordering a big batch of hybrids. And they have drama with Orion. Anybody remember the VIs?

Well If New Flyer comes in, they can only make the D60LFR.... i don't see NJT ordering a big batch of hybrids. And they have drama with Orion. Anybody remember the VIs?

In all fairness, the Orion VI and NJT wasn't totally OBI's fault. When I think about bad blood between Orion and NJT I think more about the large Nova order in 1999-2000...

I like the C40lfs, but NF's hf artics are meh. I think going with Nova is a very good decision for the MTA. If Nova still had the designs for the RTS, then that would be fantastic. Sadly Millenium took the RTS with them when they went bankrupt.

Why can't Nova pay Millenium to get back the rights to the RTS?

The RTS', IMO, have too narrow an entrance. Even the high-floor Orion 5s have wider entrances.

What actually did happen between NJT and OBI over the Orion VIs? The only mention I found of bad blood so far is that NJT took out three demos and then chose not to order.

The Orion VI hybrids did not meet the NJDOT outdated axle requirements. Thus they sell it to MTA for a discount. But that is not the turning point of Orion's bad blood....

It was the former GM and VP of NJT who made the dumb decision accepting a bride form Nova. Nova was really bad back then thus got the 650+ bus order in 1999. Orion was mad because they bid on that order fairly and without winning the order, they wouldnt be in trouble with their finances back then.... thus comes to the court case. It is why NJT has a "jinx" against bus manufacturers. It was really a close call for Orion if had not got acquired by another company.

State v. Maureen A. Milan —

Maureen A. Milan, former Vice-President and General Manager of New Jersey Transit ( NJT ), was sentenced to three years in State Prison for soliciting and receiving benefits from a vendor which had a contract with NJT. The case was prosecuted by OGI, which ultimately obtained an indictment charging Milan with official misconduct and 13 other crimes. Specifically, Milan was charged with having accepted numerous and expensive benefits from NJT vendors over a course of several years including $17,000 in free hotel charges, meals at top restaurants, spa visits, World Series box seats, concerts and shows. Milan ultimately pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree Unlawful Benefits for Official Behavior. Milan and two other employees were fired. Twenty-four employees received discipline ranging from a verbal reprimand to loss of pay and suspension...

Source: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/oag-annual-report-03-05/njoag-ar2003-2004-ogi-p37.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Damn. I knew NJ had serious corruption issues but I had no clue it was that far-reaching. In one sense, I am glad NJ does not order low floors; it means they will be getting different equipment from the rest of the area and ensure some variety. I am also curious as to what a revived NABI 436 would look like.

Archived