R160B Testing On The (B) (Again)

How about option 4: send the CI R32 to Pitkin or 207th yard for the A or C lines in place of an R46.

Again, the Q needs to be a majority of R160s because of Astoria-Ditmars. And if the G was assigned to CI, the G could be R68s and R160s and that would solve most of the issues about what to do with the excess trains.

they don't want no more R32's on the (A), 20 R32's that were on the (A) and the 10 cars that are on the (B) is going to Jamaica this summer, They don't need them, It would be better for the R32's on a different line, I like them on the (C), The (A) is boring now, The (A) is going to become 100% R46's.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about option 4: send the CI R32 to Pitkin or 207th yard for the A or C lines in place of an R46.

Again, the Q needs to be a majority of R160s because of Astoria-Ditmars. And if the G was assigned to CI, the G could be R68s and R160s and that would solve most of the issues about what to do with the excess trains.

Its not that many trains the (Q) will need about 4-6 sets=40 to 60cars then the (N) will receive 2-4sets so there may be spares.Which may run on the (B)/(D) or (R).

they don't want no more R32's on the (A), 20 R32's that were on the (A) and the 10 cars that are on the (B) is going to Jamaica this summer, They don't need them, It would be better for the R32's on a different line, I like them on the (C), The (A) is boring now, The (A) is going to become 100% R46's.

Who's to say there aren't R32s that probably need to be retired? And who's saying the (A) can't have R32s again? I understand R32s are all kept on the (C) because there's not as many to go around anymore, but it can't be the reason to rule out a run on the (A) if there's a situation that requires a train to run.

Also if/when the (M) runs, ENY is going to need some R32s for the (J) to bridge the gap since the (M) line will likely be 100% R160s.

Yes, the (W) does run 10 trains and not 12-13. The route is only 40 minutes end to end, and then there's layover time at each terminal. When every other (Q) gets extended to Astoria at 10-12 minute headways then that's a 20 minute extension to Astoria. That's gonna require ~4 trains, and then the (N) will run local, requiring at least another 2 trains. Also if there is any extras, the whole point of service cuts is to reduce the size of the fleet. They could send some R160s over to Jamaica, but they would probably displace R46s to Pitkin to retire more trains. It's still too early to tell what exactly will happen.

Thats wrong,its 12-13 trains. Its highly guaranteed there will be leftover R160 (W) going to JYD.

Its not that many trains the (Q) will need about 4-6 sets=40 to 60cars then the (N) will receive 2-4sets so there may be spares.Which may run on the (B)/(D) or (R).

For the 3rd time: Astoria-Ditmars is the reason why the (N)/(W) have been 99% R160s. When the (W) is gone, those R160s should be going to the (N) and (Q) so there would be no issues at the terminal. That would mean R68s would have to be set aside as the extras. And why would the (R) run trains from CIY? There's more than enough trains at Jamiaca yard. The MTA just never chooses to boost (R) service.

Thats wrong,its 12-13 trains. Its highly guaranteed there will be leftover R160 (W) going to JYD.

Are you sure you are not thinking of 2-3 spares for the (W)? And why would they go to JYD when they are sending off R46s to the (A)? It doesn't seem to me that they need the extra trains. The (N)/(Q) could use those R160s more than JYD.

For the 3rd time: Astoria-Ditmars is the reason why the (N)/(W) have been 99% R160s. When the (W) is gone, those R160s should be going to the (N) and (Q) so there would be no issues at the terminal. That would mean R68s would have to be set aside as the extras. And why would the (R) run trains from CIY? There's more than enough trains at Jamiaca yard. The MTA just never chooses to boost (R) service.

You've heard of Put-ins (R) via Sea Beach that's y I said the (R).That's whack I rather the (Q)'s 68's should go to the (N) since Astoria is gonna be busier.

You've heard of Put-ins (R) via Sea Beach that's y I said the (R).That's whack I rather the (Q)'s 68's should go to the (N) since Astoria is gonna be busier.
Put-ins, but those trains still belongs to Jamaica yard.

You basically ignored everything I said. For the 4th and last time: the N/W right now is 99% R160s because of Astoria-Ditmars because of flexibility to change trains for the respective lines.

I suggest you reread what I've posted than to keep trying to argue against my points.

Who said Coney Island yard don't like R68's. If Coney island yard were to give up the R68 #2783 - #2924 , #5001 - #5200 send them Pitkin yard. Mta Nyct subway would got lawsuit by rider who uses R68 on Q and B line. why I said it. If R68 were gone out of Coney Island yard. What Rail car will Coney Island yard would use for Franklin Avenue Shuttle line. The rebirth of R32 running Franklin Avenue Shuttle.

Put-ins, but those trains still belongs to Jamaica yard.

You basically ignored everything I said. For the 4th and last time: the N/W right now is 99% R160s because of Astoria-Ditmars because of flexibility to change trains for the respective lines.

I suggest you reread what I've posted than to keep trying to argue against my points.

The N is 100% R160 sometimes the W has 6-8sets of R68's so there not 99% combined yet.

Who's to say there aren't R32s that probably need to be retired? And who's saying the (A) can't have R32s again? I understand R32s are all kept on the (C) because there's not as many to go around anymore, but it can't be the reason to rule out a run on the (A) if there's a situation that requires a train to run.

Also if/when the (M) runs, ENY is going to need some R32s for the (J) to bridge the gap since the (M) line will likely be 100% R160s.

ENY don't need R32's anymore, the Option Order II R160's will full the gap plus ENY is keeping the R42's and getting the 14 R42's that are stored at 207th, 207th don't need thos 20 R32's, The (A) is a Wack line anyway, I rode the R32's on the (A) alot, Jamaica is slated to get those 20 R32's.

Early today around 8:15 or so I saw a R160B signed up as a (:P testing the doors opened on the left side while at Avenue M I think that's where I spotted it.Last car # was 8962 which is a Siemens set I didn't realize it was a test train b\c I was on the (B) by passing due to construction it was a last minute look the back door was open as if some crew was going2 step out.I was in shock and didn't get my camera out b\c I thought it was a (Q).It may still be out there idk.Sighting around 8:15 going N/B last car 8962.

Ok, but still why would Jamaica yard need those R32s? I would think it would make more sense to just give 207th/Pitkin all the remaining R32s. God knows Jamaica yard treated them like crap forcing them to run R46s on the E for 1-2 days a couple of years ago.

The N is 100% R160 sometimes the W has 6-8sets of R68's so there not 99% combined yet.

The W is mostly R160s. Where/when have you seen that many R68s on the W? I can understand maybe tops: 2-3, but you have to be kidding me when you are saying 6-8. I was on the Astoria line last week and in a 30-min span I saw nothing but R160s.

Some people are just obsessed with seeing R160s on the B. Like I've been stating:

"Astoria-Ditmars is the reason why the (N)/(W) have been 99% R160s. They share the terminal and they need R160s there so they can easily change a train to suit the demands of either line compared to the time consuming manual sign changes. When the (W) is gone, those R160s should be going to the (N) and (Q) so there would be no issues at the terminal. That would mean R68s would have to be set aside as the extras."

So, why people still thinks the R160s from the W will end up on the B, I have no idea.

It can happen,like I said there will be leftover R160 from the (W),roughly about 5-6 sets.

And thinking logically: it would make more sense to divide up the W's trains to the N and Q lines because the Q will be running to Astoria.

Astoria-Ditmars is in the same boat as Flatbush-BC [for the fact they share the same terminal]: otherwise they could run R62/As on the 2/5 lines. So I'm really disagree about the idea of the B running them. I can be wrong, but I really don't see it happening.

It can happen,like I said there will be leftover R160 from the (W),roughly about 5-6 sets.

More like 12-15 full leftover train sets which would be split amongst the (N) & (Q). It would be cool to see those R160s on the (B).

Archived