R160B Testing On The (B) (Again)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Av X is basically a layup yard. It is just next to the building where they maintain/fix/etc the trains. Otherwise it is just for storage much like the Lennox and Jerome Yards.

I have to agree b\c the (N)/(Q) & (W) had plenty of R68's why did the 160's go to them? If you think about it the R160's should had replaced all the Slants on the (:( the (B) should be mostly R160.Retire all the phase I 32's.Now Slants/32's & Mods ran on the N/Q/W if I'm not mistaken the R160's should had retired all of those cars and the (N)/(Q)/(W) would have 160's.To me the cars in bad shape on whom lines should had gotten 160's*****(B)'s Slants/Mods.I just can't believe Concourse rejected R160's the (D) & (B) is boring too me seeing the same shit everyday slow shitcans.I wish the (B) & (D) was like how the (Q) is now about 50/50 68's & 160's.

Because R160s are new trains and do not go to part time lines [W being the exception for sharing the Astoria-Ditmars terminal].

And where do you propose those R68s be sent to? As I said in my previous post:

"The A and maybe the C are slated to be all R46s, so sending R68s there is ruled out.

There's really no place to send the R160s because nearly every line has more than enough of it. And there is not a whole lot of places to send the R68/As other than to keep them at the Concourse and CI yards."

So big deal you hate the R68s. The MTA doesn't cater to railfan/foamers. If you saw nothing but R160s on your B/D lines everyday, you'd probably be sick of them as well.

If you want NTTs so bad, then take the (4) to 59th St so you can ride the (N) then.

True about they're the most reliable,but they can care less about us railfans they want what's best for there line & customers.I mean I really want them on just one of the 2 the B or D one b\c it's a new train I like new things I always want to be updated technology has come a long way(calendars from BC to present stuff now IPads).But the (D) sways a bit 2much and the Hippos are slow I don't see why Concourse rejected em.If CIY+Av X accepted em (D),(N),(F),(B),(Q) y not Concourse (B)/(Q),its like Jamaica you got 160's on the (E),(F),(R).

You answered your own question. The MTA keeps a uniformed fleet for cost effectiveness. It makes no sense moving trains around just because of a handful of unsatisfied railfans. You are in the minority. The MTA does not cater to you. If you want to ride a certain train so bad then ride another line.

But again, what sense does it make to send back the R32 set to JYD? It looks to me they want R160s on all the lines. And if ENY is getting their 8-car R160s, they don't need the R32s either. That leaves only the (A)/© lines left and the (C) could use them as spares if some R32 cars are beyond saving. This is why I think 207th/Pitkin makes more sense.

If They are taking R46's from Jamaica, Why would they want more R32's, Im happy that they are off the (A), It got boring after awhile, And Jamica is going to need those R32's anyway, The (C) has all of them anyway.

True about they're the most reliable,but they can care less about us railfans they want what's best for there line & customers.I mean I really want them on just one of the 2 the B or D one b\c it's a new train I like new things I always want to be updated technology has come a long way(calendars from BC to present stuff now IPads).But the (D) sways a bit 2much and the Hippos are slow I don't see why Concourse rejected em.If CIY+Av X accepted em (D),(N),(F),(:P,(Q) y not Concourse (B)/(Q),its like Jamaica you got 160's on the (E),(F),(R).

OK what's wrong with the first statement? The (MTA) is so stupid for catering to the needs of 5 million+ daily riders of their system while they can be wasting money running different trains all over the place for a couple of hundred or thousand railfans.

Why is it a surprise that an R160 is testing on the (B) if Concourse rejected it already? If (MTA) had no intentions of testing on the (B) line, then why would they do it. It's not like its going up for a car wash. I've seen plenty of R160s on Concourse to get a car wash and NOT ONE OF THEM STOPPED AND OPENED ITS DOORS on the opposite side. I'm not saying that R160s will be on the (B), but theres probably a logical reason why (MTA) is doing this.

R160s are regularly tested on the (A) line but that doesn't mean the (A) is getting R160s. There can be another reason that we don't know about when it comes to the (MTA) testing those cars on the (B).

I'm sure I put +Av X asthe yard (F) that's why the (F) was included.I included the (D) b\c sometimes they layup in the yard.Now Concourse I know has the (D) I must have put (Q) by mistake I say the (B) is Concourse b\c they layup there the (B)/(D) and sometimes the (4) as well.

CI doesn't have the (D) and Concourse does not have the (B). Just because trains lay up at a yard does not mean they are serviced there because most of the time they aren't. The (F) lays up trains at CI too but it's only yard is Jamaica. Ave. X is just a storage yard and trains aren't serviced there.

Can't say for sure. I can only speclate the R46s will go to the (A) to prepare for the mothballing [temporary retirement] of the R44s. If the (G) is to be based at CI, it would have to be R68s or R160s. I know the F uses Av X as a storage/layup yard, but those cars still belongs to Jamaica yard.* [Correct me if wrong.]

See, I keep saying that it is very rare to see R68s on the (W). It is a fact they [Astoria-Ditmars] wants both lines 98-99% R160s so that they don't need to change the rollsigns manually. That's why the Q still has a number of R68/As.

Yes, those cars still belong to Jamaica Yard.

(:P is fine w/ R68/A's they're not that bad.......but!!!! if the (B) was extended to Coney Island, I could see it running and sharing R160's w/ the (Q) like the (N)/(W) and (2)/(5) shares R142s.

There's no space for the (B) at CI. Even if there was, trains, I presume, can already switch lines by running light for 3 stops.

If They are taking R46's from Jamaica, Why would they want more R32's, Im happy that they are off the (A), It got boring after awhile, And Jamica is going to need those R32's anyway, The (C) has all of them anyway.

Because JYD would have just a hand full of R32s in the yard, meaning there would be 3 train types. Why bother to keep parts on hand for those trains when they can move them all to the A/C lines. Let JYD be R46 and R160s only and Pitkin/207th a mix of R32s and R46s.

There's no space for the (:P at CI. Even if there was, trains, I presume, can already switch lines by running light for 3 stops.

I don't think it is just the Stillwell station not being able to handle the (B), but it would further delay the (Q) when the (B) has to merge with the (Q). As is the (B) terminates at BB and turns back and is kept out of the way of the (Q).

And yes I know about the (B) and (Q) shareing tracks right now, but the basic point of the terminals are still the same as before.

Coney Island (Q) terminal is setup just like (N)(W) Ditmars Blvd and Brooklyn College (2)(5) so I don't have any doubts on that.

There's no point to send the (:P to Stillwell because there's the Brighton Beach station to turn the (B) back. The Astoria-Ditmars and Flatbush Av stations are the only places those trains can turn back. So it is not really the same arguement.

There's no point to send the (:P to Stillwell because there's the Brighton Beach station to turn the (B) back. The Astoria-Ditmars and Flatbush Av stations are the only places those trains can turn back. So it is not really the same arguement.

And anyone who knows the (2)(5) situation knows how delay prone that can be (plus during rush hour, every other (5) goes to Utica).

The yard is CI. I meant that there's no space at CI Terminal Station.

Ah ok.

:P

Because JYD would have just a hand full of R32s in the yard, meaning there would be 3 train types. Why bother to keep parts on hand for those trains when they can move them all to the A/C lines. Let JYD be R46 and R160s only and Pitkin/207th a mix of R32s and R46s.

Jamaica is one of the yards that are used to having the R32's, They maintian them better than before, I don't see a problem with them being there, The (A) line Supt. took them off the (A), They have an Extra 20 cars that are just sitting there, They use them but its extra, Yeah they are going to have 3 types of Car Equipment but That's the TA.

Is there a small possibility that Ocean Parkway could one day be restored to an express stop or is Brighton Beach likely to be it for the express?

I highly doubt it. The (:P is fine where it's at IMO...

The express track (northbound) is used though, but during the hours when the (B) is not running...saves the switchmen the hassle of having the (Q) chance to different tracks when the (B) isn't running. After West Eighth Street it's local, then express after Brighton Beach, then local again after passing Avenue U. Instead they can just take the express straight through and switch to local later.

:P

Jamaica is one of the yards that are used to having the R32's, They maintian them better than before, I don't see a problem with them being there, The (A) line Supt. took them off the (A), They have an Extra 20 cars that are just sitting there, They use them but its extra, Yeah they are going to have 3 types of Car Equipment but That's the TA.

Well ok then. I just don't trust JYD because of how bad they maintained the R32s a few years back forcing R46s to run on the (E) for a few days.

Is there a small possibility that Ocean Parkway could one day be restored to an express stop or is Brighton Beach likely to be it for the express?

There's no point though. People still have to take the (Q) if they want to go to CI. And the x switches are right at the very end or front of the BB station. A train would have to travel a long way to Ocean Pkwy and then reverse back. It really isn't worth it for one station. Plus they layup trains on the tracks, so it's best to keep things as is.

That's true but sending the R32s to CI would send more R46s to Pitkin so it's justified.

Archived