R160 on the (R)!

Bracamonte

I was waiting for the (R) train at Roosevelt Av. The train arrived, but it was different. I was surprised to see an R160 running on the (R). Those here who wanted to see R160's on the (R) will realize their dream. I even took pics for proof.

Image008-3.jpg

Image009-3.jpg

Image010-3.jpg

Nice pic. But 1 problem when you did catch R160 on the R line. There was no R160 running on the R line today. Only R46 were running on the R line

Oh, trust me, there were PLENTY (or at least it felt that way)! I got one going to and from my house. Too bad I wasn't expecting it, otherwise I would've had my camera.

I saw two out of three sets on the (R). Sorry to say, I foamed. :P

I rather any1 foam over something rare and new than foaming over something boring and old.I remember when I saw someone foam over a broken down bus my heart dropped all I could do was smh & say foamers(in my mind).

I rather any1 foam over something rare and new than foaming over something boring and old.I remember when I saw someone foam over a broken down bus my heart dropped all I could do was smh & say foamers(in my mind).

This was an exception, as well as when it was on the (A). Other than that, I could really care less about this new crap rolling around the system :-/

I have a feeling some of them might even go to the (G)

I wouldn't like em on the (G) I rather have 6car or 8car 46's than 10car 160's.It doesn't look rite2 me in my opinion.

As far as the announcements its that lady who does the D,G,N,Q,W. The lady who does the E,J,M,Z sound similar.And Diane on the (F) does the (A),(C),Franklin & Rockaway Shuttle.She can also be heard on the (1),(7) & (2).And one more thing she "This is a Coney Island bound (Q) train" then the lady who does the (N)/Q/W says the rest.

Nice pic. But 1 problem when you did catch R160 on the R line. There was no R160 running on the R line today. Only R46 were running on the R line

Which is why he among many others was able to catch this today...

Dude , I know. I saw the same thing today when I was on the (F) train. I think this may the first official run of the R160 R train.

It also ran on Wednesday, but it was only a trip or two. Today was the first day more than one set hit the line.

Since the (R) is now getting R160's, what is going to happen with the R46's that are running on it's route?:P

They are going to keep running. Not that many R160s will run on the (R) unless there is a fleet swap between the (F) and the (R) - which I doubt will happen.

I wouldn't like em on the (G) I rather have 6car or 8car 46's than 10car 160's.It doesn't look rite2 me in my opinion.

As far as the announcements its that lady who does the D,G,N,Q,W. The lady who does the E,J,M,Z sound similar.And Diane on the (F) does the (A),(C),Franklin & Rockaway Shuttle.She can also be heard on the (1),(7) & (2).And one more thing she "This is a Coney Island bound (Q) train" then the lady who does the (N)/Q/W says the rest.

if the G they'd proly cut em in 1/2 and make em OPTO

Archived