W train timetable from September 2002

MattTrain

Wow, the fare was $1.50, a Fun Pass was $4, and the 30 day unlimited was $63! 8 years ago sure felt like a long time!

Yep that was about 8 years earlier. The dare was $1.50, and considering the two fare hikes, this seems like a long time ago.

Wow, the (W) had new weekend & late nite service back then & now look what it's going through

Yeah, unless a bailout happens the (W) will be history. This (W) was a full time subway line too.

Cool timetable Metatops! Sad to see all the changes the (W) has undergone. I have a timetable showing the express service in Queens. Maybe I can scan it.

I'd like to see your (W) timetable of that. That should be interesting. The (W) has been reduced to only a weekday only line since the (;)(D) went back to Brooklyn.

This is a timetable from 2002, and the (W) is shown going into Brooklyn.

I remember, at a time, the (W) did have weekend service and it terminated at Whitehall St. When was this? I remember waiting 40 minutes at Canal St on a Sunday for a southbound (W) that I thought would never come. Back then I wasn't a railfan and didn't pay attention to service patterns at all!

Archived