Does this sound like a good idea?

TrainFanatic

Subway Route

A shuttle train which runs down Church Av in Brooklyn from McDonald Av to Kings Hwy.

Stations and Tranfers

•McDonald Av (F)(G) B35 B67

•E18th St (;)(Q) B35

•Nostrand Av (2)(5) B44

•Utica Av B46

•Kings Hwy B7

Why?

•reduces passenger congestion on the B35 bus which runs mainly down Church Av.

•helps heavy traffic flow better

•faster trip

Let's just say the (MTA) was not in a budget crises and has enough money for service improvements, do you think this idea would be relevant to implement?

Even if there was not a budget crisis, I would still say no because of the costs involved with construction, as well as the inconveniences that would be experienced to the neighborhood's businesses as a result of tunnel excavation; building an elevated line is out of the question due to NIMBY resistance, and I would agree with the NIMBY's.

Best thing to do is to work with the DOT in improving traffic flow on Church Ave and increase bus service in the area to alleviate overcrowding.

The issue I see here is simply the fact that it's a shuttle. Building a subway line is an expensive undertaking and for all the money invested into it, I think it should do much more than serve a singular purpose like taking pressure off a few bus routes on the surface.

Even if there was not a budget crisis, I would still say no because of the costs involved with construction, as well as the inconveniences that would be experienced to the neighborhood's businesses as a result of tunnel excavation; building an elevated line is out of the question due to NIMBY resistance, and I would agree with the NIMBY's.

Best thing to do is to work with the DOT in improving traffic flow on Church Ave and increase bus service in the area to alleviate overcrowding.

Your right. I didn't think about the effects of tunnel building and what a task that would be for trying to improve traffic flow down Church Av.

I do think that some of the Brooklyn subway lines are isolated (for example, the (A)(C) do not directly connect to any IRT lines in Brooklyn). I wish they added a few transfers at the major downtown Brooklyn stations.

Well they're working on the Jay - Lawrence Streets connection but I agree with you for the most part.

At the southern end of the platform you can hear the IRT lines rumbling above the station...it's not too far from Hoyt Street either you know....

I do think that some of the Brooklyn subway lines are isolated (for example, the (A)(C) do not directly connect to any IRT lines in Brooklyn). I wish they added a few transfers at the major downtown Brooklyn stations.

Imagine if the Second Avenue line and Utica Avenue lines were actually built. In one or zero easy transfers, Fulton Street passengers would be able to access the 8 Avenue, 6 Avenue, 2 Avenue, and Crosstown lines. All of the transfers would be a flight of stairs up or across the platform.

Archived