Whoa!

LRG

So I was out yesterday railfanning from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. During the time I was out, I saw the...wait, here's the stuff I caught first:

R32s are back on the (A)! ;)

Not really, but the train was signed as an (A):

SAM_1962.jpg

To the Bronx:

SAM_1964.jpg

SAM_1965.jpg

SAM_1967.jpg

SAM_1968.jpg

Then to Queens. But why does this car number look so familiar???

SAM_1969.jpg

My friend and I saw this train zoom by heading uptown while we were on the (R) train at Woodhaven Boulevard. We saw two other R46s on the (F), and they were all back to back. We waited for this at Forest Hills and rode it down to 34th Street in Manhattan:

I headed down to Brooklyn on a (D) train, and then up to Atlantic Avenue - Pacific Street because we saw something leave 36th Street and at the next stop, we found out!

SAM_1976.jpg

SAM_1977.jpg

SAM_1978.jpg

SAM_1979.jpg

SAM_1980.jpg

SAM_1981.jpg

SAM_1986.jpg

SAM_1989.jpg

I'm not a fan of R160s so much, but when i saw this on the (R) in Brooklyn, sorry to say but...I lost it :)

And to the Bronx again:

SAM_1992.jpg

SAM_1993.jpg

SAM_1994.jpg

SAM_1995.jpg

SAM_1996.jpg

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Cool pics! Nice catches with that R - 160 (R) and the R - 44 (Z)! Why would they need an R - 44 (Z) if 75 feet long cars can't be used?

Thanks, and the signs were being messed around with. We went to Concourse and there are 24 cars of R44s waiting to die.

Damn concourse has the R44s there? Im gonna head there then this week!

And the (Z) on an R44... Hmmmmmmm, BMT Eastern cant even run 75 ft cars, maybe the Myrtle can as there was a shot of an r44/46 along that line years back.

Good pixs of course!

Yea those 44's been there for roughly 2-3 weeks waiting to be scrapped as said recently.Yea Leroy you must noe it 2.Excellent shots & thx 4 not taking pics of them spare trains.Oo well those Mods b\c some ass posted the 38's that were there a while ago and they went byebye but wat the heck great shots.

Thanks, and the signs were being messed around with. We went to Concourse and there are 24 cars of R44s waiting to die.

Did you catch the number of the 3rd set? You already got 5334 and 5324. Nice pics vids and catches BTW!

I need to hunt for the R160 (R) Train Monday. Great shots btw

You don't necessarily have to, considering you have the next 40 years to catch it.

And the (Z) on an R44... Hmmmmmmm, BMT Eastern cant even run 75 ft cars, maybe the Myrtle can as there was a shot of an r44/46 along that line years back.

Good pixs of course!

Thank you sir!

Nice pics and vids!

Thanks Dave!

Nice way of putting it:( My R44s NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

They gotta go man B)

Nice pics and catches!

Thanks GC!

Yea those 44's been there for roughly 2-3 weeks waiting to be scrapped as said recently.Yea Leroy you must noe it 2.Excellent shots & thx 4 not taking pics of them spare trains.Oo well those Mods b\c some ass posted the 38's that were there a while ago and they went byebye but wat the heck great shots.

Thanks man. The problem was that the consist of the 38s though were gone because some T/O ran their mouth.

Did you catch the number of the 3rd set? You already got 5334 and 5324. Nice pics vids and catches BTW!

You don't necessarily have to, considering you have the next 40 years to catch it.

Thanks Kris!

They will be there for along time since the TA does not have the money to scrap them at this time. People taking photos of the R38s had NOTHING to do with them getting reefed, the TA knew they were there the whole time and had always planned of getting rid of them.

Excellent stuff! I really am liking the R160's on the (R)

Thanks man.

True, you have rights to your opinions. I believe they were tested on the (G) not too long ago.

They did run on the (G) before, a few times when the (F) was heading to Euclid instead. But in one instance when it ran on the (G) it used (F) crew, and it happened at night.

Nice catch with the R44 (Z) Train;)

Good pixs of course!

I think the R44 and R46 have rollsigns and programs for every line out there... such as a R46 (M2)

http://nycsubway.org/perl/show?79743

Nice shot of an r44 (Z)

Also, I think Myrtle can use 75 foot cars because how else would this end up in the FP yard

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?38900

Thanks! The chances of seeing a 75-footer is slim, unfortunately. Sideswiping on the bridge lead in and out of Marcy Avenue are just one of the many reasons why you'll most likely not see something like that again.

Archived