Fare beaters on the Bx6 in the Bronx- 161st/River Ave.

mark1447

Many people have saw this video but others haven't I did some recording to catch the Bx6 at Night and Bx6 NovaBUS rapid transit series, and then I catch 1 fare beater on an Orion VII CNG and the other on a Bx6 NovaBus WEST FARMS...

There were cops all over the place, since this area is portal and court buildings are near and NONE did crap!

[Watch in full WIDE HD by double clicking and watching it via Youtube.com]

Video from LATE March 2010!

People say.. Why does the t/a take my service away, why increase the fare and bs.. But then you get people like these going in the back and farebeating!

Your reaction? Please do not cause any negatives to the topic or replies! Thx!

Either they think that the Bx6 has +selectbusservice or they're obviously fare beating. Send it to a news outlet for some reactions (if you desire to take this issue that far. Otherwise, let people react just here).

One me morning commute, there are like 20 people fare beating on the Bx35, I'll see if I can get it on video this week. I have already notified the (MTA) about this & they told me they'll file reports to NYPD on BX headquaters, Don't know if it's true though

Either they think that the Bx6 has +selectbusservice or they're obviously fare beating. Send it to a news outlet for some reactions (if you desire to take this issue that far. Otherwise, let people react just here).

There obviously fare beating cause there is no machine to pay before boarding this bus.

I take the Bx6 almost daily and yes the 6 along with most routes in the Bronx especially ones with artics are overwhelmed with fare beaters. There are some occasions when people will not move back usually one the VII's and artics and boarding thru the rear door is the only way on these buses. especially after waiting quite a while for that bus. I think the fact people dont move back is part of the problem. After waiting for 20 minutes for the Bx6 due to traffic in Manhattan, its pretty frustrating to see a mob in front of the bus and a large amount of room in the back simply because people dont move back.... otherwise i dont condone fare beating since I purchase an unlimited card twice a week.

If they think its an +SBS route then make it an +SBS route and have fare inspectors at all the stops and lets see what these peeps are gonna do..

There are loads of routes i know with this bs.

Im wondering if the b/o is tracking all this...

If they think its an +SBS route then make it an +SBS route and have fare inspectors at all the stops and lets see what these peeps are gonna do..

There are loads of routes i know with this bs.

Im wondering if the b/o is tracking all this...

They should be...If they see the person. Whenever a person boards the bus IN THE FRONT without a fare and pleads the B/O to let them on and the B/O does, he/she pushes this button (I think it is 6) on the farebox, and the PASS light comes on.

They should be...If they see the person. Whenever a person boards the bus IN THE FRONT without a fare and pleads the B/O to let them on and the B/O does, he/she pushes this button (I think it is 6) on the farebox, and the PASS light comes on.

wait. Pass means Farebeat?

I didn't know. I think u mean F6 on the farebox

Some operators care but the vast majority ignore it. I was on the Bx5 and Bx6 a yesterday and both buses countless fare beaters of all ages young and oldboarded. You really can't stop them with out the police. Years ago I remember the police were pulling people off the Bx5 for boarding the back door. Out of the 10 or so people that boarded they singled out a middle aged woman obviously getting off the (6) from work that was most likely using her transfer anyway and a senior citizen. Didnt even bother with the teenagers.

Question, cant Auxiliary Police be used to combat this fare beating. Can they make arrest or just summon them. I think people would be afraid to even attempt the fare beating if they see that uniform?

As far as the button on the IFU (Intergrated farebox Unit) it F5 or just 5.

I stop farebeaters

How?

Buses: When I stand in the back, I stand near the back door. If there are no people who stepped off the bus to let others off, when that last person goes outside, I slam the door closed.

Subway: I stand near the gate 'till my train comes so that I block the bar. This way nobody can reach over and push the bar from outside.

These are the only altercation-less ways I know to stop farebeating.

If I have to pay $2.25, everyone else should. (except the elderly and disabled, who shall pay $1.10 :()

I stop farebeaters

How?

Buses: When I stand in the back, I stand near the back door. If there are no people who stepped off the bus to let others off, when that last person goes outside, I slam the door closed.

Subway: I stand near the gate 'till my train comes so that I block the bar. This way nobody can reach over and push the bar from outside.

If I have to pay $2.25, everyone else should. (except the elderly and disabled, who shall pay $1.10 :()

lmfao you seriously stand next to the bar? What if someone wants to exit lol

lmfao you seriously stand next to the bar? What if someone wants to exit lol

Lemme explain it better :(

If I'm in the vicinity of the gate and I see it open, I will close it. And if someone wants to exit, then let 'em B)

Lemme explain it better :(

If I'm in the vicinity of the gate and I see it open, I will close it. And if someone wants to exit, then let 'em B)

Ya but then u still gotta close it again lol!

Give me a F#@kin break, you people need to get a life. Who cares if a person walks on without paying. Its not your responsibilty. Its not your agency, You arnt losing any money. There arnt waves of fare beaters filling up the bus when you are on it taking up space..You are just paying for a chance to get a ride somewhere.

Why do you think most bus drivers dont get all bent out of shape about it? Cause its not their, problem, they arnt losing any money. The MTA isnt going broke because of fare beaters every year thats for sure. The bus drivers I have seen who stood up made themsevles heard and either kicked their asses off the bus or refused to move the bus until they left, but you cant do that all the time and bus drivers dont get paid enough to play fare enforcer to a few degenerates and it just goes back to the point where , hey its not worth it.

Yall sound like a bunch of wanna bee cops.

If it really gets on your nerves why dont you grow a set of balls and stand up and tell the person they are not sitting down, get off, or moving past you on the bus until they pay? Oh wait thats right, because you need balls for that.

Just be happy you are on the bus and on your way. You people are the same types who would see someone getting robbed and just film it or stare from afar quivering like a leaf instead of getting personally involved.

Give me a F#@kin break, you people need to get a life. Who cares if a person walks on without paying. Its not your responsibilty. Its not your agency, You arnt losing any money. There arnt waves of fare beaters filling up the bus when you are on it taking up space..You are just paying for a chance to get a ride somewhere.

Why do you think most bus drivers dont get all bent out of shape about it? Cause its not their, problem, they arnt losing any money. The MTA isnt going broke because of fare beaters every year thats for sure. The bus drivers I have seen who stood up made themsevles heard and either kicked their asses off the bus or refused to move the bus until they left, but you cant do that all the time and bus drivers dont get paid enough to play fare enforcer to a few degenerates and it just goes back to the point where , hey its not worth it.

If it really gets on your nerves why dont you grow a set of balls and stand up and tell the person they are not sitting down, get off, or moving past you on the bus until they pay? Oh wait thats right, because you need balls for that.

Just be happy you are on the bus and on your way. You people are the same types who would see someone getting robbed and just film it or stare from afar quivering like a leaf instead of getting personally involved.

lol! wow... somebody finally says something that i seen wanting to say for a minute but out of respect i kept it nice but seriously, this problem been a problem for years! even when fare beaters used to hang on the back of the rts and ride outside back in the 80s. it happens everywhere and it wont stop. you have to face reality with this!... hell i even get on the back of the bus sometimes when its hella crowded and people dont wanna move to the back of the bus, but i stay with a unlimited so it dont matter to me

I stop farebeaters

Well.... very good if that's what you want to do. When I go on the bus in London you can guarantee that half of the people who get on the articulated buses, with their three-door pile aboard policy, haven't got tickets. Nothing to do with me though and I'm not bothered what they do. Some of these people are on the absolute bones of their arses and $2.25 or whatever it is might well make a big difference to them.

Ya but then u still gotta close it again lol!

lol! wow... somebody finally says something that i seen wanting to say for a minute but out of respect i kept it nice but seriously, this problem been a problem for years! even when fare beaters used to hang on the back of the rts and ride outside back in the 80s. it happens everywhere and it wont stop. you have to face reality with this!... hell i even get on the back of the bus sometimes when its hella crowded and people dont wanna move to the back of the bus, but i stay with a unlimited so it dont matter to me

Well.... very good if that's what you want to do. When I go on the bus in London you can guarantee that half of the people who get on the articulated buses, with their three-door pile aboard policy, haven't got tickets. Nothing to do with me though and I'm not bothered what they do. Some of these people are on the absolute bones of their arses and $2.25 or whatever it is might well make a big difference to them.

I hope you all know that post was basically a tutorial B)

this line should have gave it away

Nobody has time to stand near the gate B)

When I see them enter fare-less, I wait for that moment where the cop pops out the floor B)

120px-Telef%C3%B3nica_Logo.svg.png

I stop farebeaters

How?

i tell you what! doing that... you liable to possibly getting your ass beat over something that really aint your problem! now stop and think about it! if that happened, was it really worth it?!?!?! im just saying!

i tell you what! doing that... you liable to possibly getting your ass beat over something that really aint your problem! now stop and think about it! if that happened, was it really worth it?!?!?! im just saying!

You obviously haven't read my above post, so here it is.

I hope you all know that post was basically a tutorial B)

this line should have gave it away

Nobody has time to stand near the gate B)

When I see them enter fare-less, I wait for that moment where the cop pops out the floor B)

You obviously haven't read my above post, so here it is.

listen.. me personally. i dont care.. i saw the first thing you posted!. just when you say stuff like that prepare for people to attack! what you do in you day to day life is what you do!

Why are you guys caring anyways if a discussion is going on? Who cares if they came out in the video or people here ave there thoughts on it.

Yes i know this issue has been gone for years.. But come on just ignore if you guys are gonna blast for no reason. It makes this site look bad... Geez..

listen.. me personally. i dont care.. i saw the first thing you posted!. just when you say stuff like that prepare for people to attack! what you do in you day to day life is what you do!

Next time I post something like that, I'll make sure that it's recognized as a tutorial.

I can't actually do that stuff...I'se got places to go! B)

You people are the same types who would see someone getting robbed and just film it or stare from afar quivering like a leaf instead of getting personally involved.

Would YOU stop a robbery?

Archived