Have You Tried The (T) In Boston?

I went there on Saturday. First, I took the Orange Line from Community College, transferred to the Green line (Cleveland Circle) at North Station. I took it to Kenmore to see Fenway Park. I took it back to Park Street, where I took the Red Line to South Station to get on my bus. I liked it very much, and Boston had now become my 2nd favorite city. I also saw the Silver Line, the Commuter Rail, and Amtrak. I'd never ridden a trolley (Green Line) before that, so it was a nice experience. When I went to the Navy Yard, I saw the remains of a train that once ran there. The subway cars had the 2 note ring, like the ones here.

The Blue Line cars are very nice. My favorite line though is the Orange Line. Despite ATC allowing the Red Line to operate at 59MPH, it never does. It gets very congested downtown because they are running at maximum TPH, which always ends up causing train traffic.

The Orange Line is my favorite to ride. It is the fastest and most reliable line in the system. It also consistently runs 103% of scheduleD TPH as it is scheduled just below it's maximum TPH which allows extra service to be run as needed and reduces delays. I can't wait for it to get new cars in the next 5 years.

I think the Blue, Orange and Green D Riverside Branch would be fun to railfan and maybe the Mattapan High Speed Line from Ashmont to Mattapan.

i been on the Mattapan High Speed Line from Ashmont to Mattapan... it very fast.... it go through the woods lol

Archived