MTA offers $20,000 to workers who leave voluntarily, retirees take advantage

Harry

Locomotion69 my source is pretty reliable. As for new hires,I wouldn't expect to get hired in the near future. Service cuts mean less work,which in turn means less workers. I've never seen it this bad and I've been working in the bus business for 23 years and my Dad was a B/O when I was born,so we're talking my whole life.

well i feel like speaking up to the mta i wanna tell them stop ur lies and bull Crap and tell us the truth and don`t tells us what we wanna here i think all the people on these threads that r waiting for the mta jobs i think we should all get together and demand answers from the ta annoy the hell out of them until they give in sumthing to get the truth out of them

you know, i may be incredibly naive about this but i really do see a much better (MTA) coming out of this whole mess. yes they're laying off station agents and soon bus drivers, but after that, then what? they cant cut rush hour trains, it would be VERY difficult to cut midday weekday/evening trains. there's a new state budget authorities office designed to shine light on agencies such as the (MTA) so that they cant have 2 sets of books anymore http://www.state.ny.us/governor/press/press_12110901.html . a good quote from that page is this: Senator Bill Perkins, Chair of the Senate Committee on Corporations, Authorities and Commissions, and the bill’s lead Senate sponsor, said: “For too long authorities like the MTA and others have operated under a veil of secrecy. Our legislation shines a light on authority operations. It gives the public unparalleled access. The measures in this bill will lead to cost savings, improved facilities, and better service for New Yorkers.” there are also ideas on the table for PERMANENT (MTA) funding such as the east river toll plan, the penny tax on gas, raising the price of drivers registration (again). there were other ideas on the table i read about but whatever they decide to do i believe will be permanent and not depend on real estate tax or whatever it was they tried last year that didnt work. they just cant get away with it anymore. and if not then we'll just get the Working Families Party on their ass! LOL

You gotta do what you gotta do :P

yup. And I got my first probie ride today... lmao

Weird though. They had a dispatcher from my depot do it, instead of a superintendant. Odd.. But I got a good ride so I guess that's all that matters.. Then again, does it really? lol I'll probably be doing something else b4 my next one... lol

sorry, its easier for me to LOL than to :cry:.. it's all good. I hope, after what ever happens, they get their shit together.

Well I obviously fail to see the logic in this. Maybe the (MTA) likes being broke then.

the employee loses the money the longer he/she waits to retire..........in terms of pension, you only get a certain % after 25 years.....eventually you arent making any money the longer you wait to retire.........

Locomotion69 my source is pretty reliable. As for new hires,I wouldn't expect to get hired in the near future. Service cuts mean less work,which in turn means less workers. I've never seen it this bad and I've been working in the bus business for 23 years and my Dad was a B/O when I was born,so we're talking my whole life.

Thank you sir. I listen to you guys on my scanner(MTA Bus mainly because it comes in more clearly) just about every day and your job is just as stressful as a B/O is. So many things can and will go wrong on a day to day basis. Never a dull moment in the city that never sleeps.

You guys(supervision)make sure it goes as smooth as possible. Without supervision there would be mass chaos out there.

Archived