MTA Says Free Transfer Neither Likely Nor Necessary In Brooklyn

At the very least they should have a MC transfer. That transfer would be more useful than the 63rd-59th St transfer on Lexington Av.

Thats a good idea and could be a valid transfer for those needing to go the north side and downtown brooklyn from the Broadway lines.

The (G) since is "suppose to be" a Crosstown line...Should have Transfers to every near by or intersecting line that it crosses....Just like it "Should be" on QB full time in order to really mean "CROSSTOWN"

Meaning a Transfer at

- QNS Plaza to Qnsboro Plaza for (7)(N)(W) soon to be (Q) and maybe even 21st on the (F) but not as needed people can use the (M) to get to 6 AV

- Lorimer or Hewes for the (J)(M)(Z)

- Fulton (G) to LaFaytte (C) to Atlantic (2)(3)(4)(5) (;)(D)(N)(Q)(R)...link all 3 with on big Transfer...

Right now the (G) is a Glorified Shuttle for Bed Stuy and Greenpoint to get to the (A)(C)(E)(L) and (7) - IT HAS NO OTHER MEANING...if the (S) wasn't sooooo overused I would propose using (S) for the (G) if its going to stay in its present form....

The (G) since is "suppose to be" a Crosstown line...Should have Transfers to every near by or intersecting line that it crosses....Just like it "Should be" on QB full time in order to really mean "CROSSTOWN"

Meaning a Transfer at

- QNS Plaza to Qnsboro Plaza for (7)(N)(W) soon to be (Q) and maybe even 21st on the (F) but not as needed people can use the (M) to get to 6 AV

- Fulton (G) to LaFaytte (C) to Atlantic (2)(3)(4)(5) (;)(D)(N)(Q)(R)...link all 3 with on big Transfer...

while I would still try to reach a deal for the Lorimer/Hewes transer (If I were in the (MTA)), but the other connections are too far to be practical or even possible.

while I would still try to reach a deal for the Lorimer/Hewes transer (If I were in the (MTA)), but the other connections are too far to be practical or even possible.

Not really when your soon to have 1 long transfer from the 6 AV lines to TSQ to 8 AV Lines at 42nd.....

Meaning a Transfer at

The (E)(V)(7) transfer is apparently enough.

Agreed.

It would help if the (A) was switched east of Lafayette St so it would stop there (an extra switch would be needed).

Please tell me youre joking.

IIRC there were plans, due to a major real estate deal with a building on 42nd and 6th (or something like that IDR), to build a transfer from the 6th Ave. line to Times Sq. IDK the current status of this or if it will even go through.

It not happening. If anything IMO, back in day when the Fulton Line was bulit, Franklin should have been added as an express stop to connect with the (S) shuttle. If that meant making Nostrand a 'local stop' I would have done so as a planner in the 1930's.

Nostrand Ave (A)(C) station was laid out as a major express stop when the IND Fulton St line was built. Franklin Ave was a major connection when the BMT Fulton elevated ran above the street. After the BMT Brighton line was severed from the Fulton el the stop lost it's importance. In the years since look at how many times the TA wanted to tear down the whole shuttle line. Meanwhile the IND Nostrand Ave station had an entrance at Bedford Ave, a short walk from the Franklin Ave stations, IND, and BMT. The Nostrand Ave station also had a crossover from the n/b and s/b tracks at the Bedford Avenue end which has since been closed. The Nostrand Ave station is at the heart of what's considered the Bed part of Bed-Stuy, the Utica Ave (A),(C) stop being the other end of the WHOLE neighborhood. I think the planners of the IND knew what they were doing back then, especially compared to the geniuses now in charge of the (MTA).

Archived