Say goodbye to the G on Queens Boulevard April 19

Abba

(G) No trains between 71 Av and Court Sq

All times, 11 PM Mon, Apr 19 until 11:59 PM Sat, Jun 26

For Brooklyn service, take the (R) to Queens Plaza and transfer to(E) . Take the to 23 St/Ely Av where service is available at the Court Sq platform.

For Queens service, transfer to the (E) at Court Sq. Take the (E) to Queens Plaza and transfer to the® .

During late night hours take the (E) instead.

Note: During some nights and weekends,(E) trains may not be available at 23 St-Ely Av/ Court Sq.

Please review (E) train advisories for additional travel information.

Looks like they want to get rid of the queens Boullevard (G) already.

The (G) has been gone from QNS BLVD for several years, it only comes back once in a great while and even then it's like it's even there.

Except this time, it's gone for good.

The (G) has been gone from QNS BLVD for several years, it only comes back once in a great while and even then it's like it's even there.

It actually runs there weekday nights, but since nobody really uses it but instead use the more popular (E), nobody really notices it. Getting rid of it up there is actually a smart idea in my book.

They are even lying about the time it starts - - do you really think they will send 3 additional trains out for just 2 hours of work (from 8:30 PM to 11 PM, when the G.O. starts) - - they will simply not allow the G to start the extension at 8:30 PM and will run to/from Cort Square instead.

Very slick move on NYCT's part - - if not illegal based on the information from the public hearing.

They are even lying about the time it starts - - do you really think they will send 3 additional trains out for just 2 hours of work (from 8:30 PM to 11 PM, when the G.O. starts) - - they will simply not allow the G to start the extension at 8:30 PM and will run to/from Cort Square instead.

Very slick move on NYCT's part - - if not illegal based on the information from the public hearing.

also, notice that they say the GO will end at 11:59 that Saturday night, when it will permanently be discontinued 1 minute later. I guess that one train will make the whole run in 60 seconds:p

There's more fun with the (G) Train:

(G) Trains Run Every Thirty Minutes Between Court Sq. And Bedford-Nostrand Avenues

Late Night, 11PM to 5AM Mon To Fri, Apr. 19-May 14

Note: Trains run in two sections:

1. Between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Aves

2. Between Bedford-Nostrand Aves and Church Ave

Transfer at Bedford-Nostrand Aves to continue your trip

To Court Sq

Bedford-Nostrand-Aves Metropolitan Ave Greenpoint Ave

11:19PM 11:25PM 11:29PM

11:49 11:55 11:59

12:19AM 12:25AM 12:25AM

Then Every 30 Minutes Until:

4:49 4:55 4:59

To Bedford-Nostrand Aves

Court Sq Greenpoint Ave Metropolitan Av

10:56PM 10:59PM 11:02PM

11:26 11:29 11:32

11:56 11:59 12:02

12:26AM 12:29AM 1232AM

4:26 4:29 4:32

It actually runs there weekday nights, but since nobody really uses it but instead use the more popular (E), nobody really notices it. Getting rid of it up there is actually a smart idea in my book.

The head ways make it as though it does not run when it's extended to 71st.

There's more fun with the (G) Train:

(G) Trains Run Every Thirty Minutes Between Court Sq. And Bedford-Nostrand Avenues

Late Night, 11PM to 5AM Mon To Fri, Apr. 19-May 14

Note: Trains run in two sections:

1. Between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Aves

2. Between Bedford-Nostrand Aves and Church Ave

Transfer at Bedford-Nostrand Aves to continue your trip

To Court Sq

Bedford-Nostrand-Aves Metropolitan Ave Greenpoint Ave

11:19PM 11:25PM 11:29PM

11:49 11:55 11:59

12:19AM 12:25AM 12:25AM

4:49 4:55 4:59

To Bedford-Nostrand Aves

Court Sq Greenpoint Ave Metropolitan Av

10:56PM 10:59PM 11:02PM

11:26 11:29 11:32

11:56 11:59 12:02

12:26AM 12:29AM 1232AM

4:26 4:29 4:32

There are banker lights set up on E1 track (southbound) between Nassau & Metropn Ave.'s. My guess is that the concrete roadbed will be chopped up and replaced, along with the tracks.

The CSQ to B/N service, as noted, will be on a 30 minute single track headway on E2 (northbound) track from Nassau to B/N, with a 15 minute headway from B/N middle to Church.

Expect a weekend bustitution for the concrete pour in the middle of May because I doubt if they will run a 30 minute weekend daytime headway, although if they want to save $$$$ it would be workable with a 600' train with pissed off passengers riding.

ah we all knew this was going to happen but what happens after the g.o ends do it Returns back to 71ave.

I don't think anybody can say "never".

I'm sure at some point after the end of June, once the G is officially away from CTL, a GO of some sort will be in effect that has the E going thru 63rd St. (either direction) on the midnights. When this happens, I can see the G going to CTL so as to not "strand" passengers between CSQ and 36th St.

Archived