Up to 21% of bus drivers at Staten Island depots called in sick before snow storms

Harry

What a snow job!

As the city braced for a major snow storm Feb. 9, 88 bus drivers - nearly 21% - at the Castleton bus depot in Staten Island didn't show up for work, according to NYC Transit data.

And at Staten Island's Yukon bus depot, 67 drivers - more than 15% of workers - were missing in action, according to the agency.

While absenteeism was up at other depots, those on Staten Island led the pack in snow storm no-shows, which transit officials say can't simply be blamed on the stormy weather.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/08/2010-04-08_bus_drivers_flaked_out_up_to_21_of_workers_at_si_depots_called_in_sick_before_fe.html#ixzz0kWTGOfOq

What a snow job!

As the city braced for a major snow storm Feb. 9, 88 bus drivers - nearly 21% - at the Castleton bus depot in Staten Island didn't show up for work, according to NYC Transit data.

And at Staten Island's Yukon bus depot, 67 drivers - more than 15% of workers - were missing in action, according to the agency.

While absenteeism was up at other depots, those on Staten Island led the pack in snow storm no-shows, which transit officials say can't simply be blamed on the stormy weather.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/08/2010-04-08_bus_drivers_flaked_out_up_to_21_of_workers_at_si_depots_called_in_sick_before_fe.html#ixzz0kWTGOfOq

That because two/third of MTA Driver live westcheaster, new jeresy, pennsylvania, upstate new york, long lsland, and conn. I know one MTA driver that travel 2 half hours to & from ENY Depot to Catskills,NY.

David

O please MTA will delt with this in their own way but the Newspaper is just another blow to us.

(H)ow about when we do make it in for our Runs and it's 100 Degrees outside and even hotter to start the bus and Get it going huh

(H)ow about Floods and Hurricanes and My Favorite Ice Storms where Each Bus Op out there gets you frigging home safetly while we go at it again and again .

We do the Impossible for the (M2)illions and Millions of peeps in NY so Print that and send it to the Presses and that's the (B)ottom line cuz this Bus op Said So. (K)<R>

O please MTA will delt with this in their own way but the Newspaper is just another blow to us.

(H)ow about when we do make it in for our Runs and it's 100 Degrees outside and even hotter to start the bus and Get it going huh

(H)ow about Floods and Hurricanes and My Favorite Ice Storms where Each Bus Op out there gets you frigging home safetly while we go at it again and again .

We do the Impossible for the (M2)illions and Millions of peeps in NY so Print that and send it to the Presses and that's the (B)ottom line cuz this Bus op Said So. (K)<R>

Say it loud & say it proud! I remember the two incidents with two of your buses, one being 1901 and the other being 7284, and then that infamous accident by Church/Warren.

During the last blizzard that we had last month there were buses stuck all over, I am even surprised that they ran buses at night which was the worst part of the snowstorm. While listening over my radio scanner I heard non stop calls from buses getting stuck. The MTA snow fighter unit is small, they have to request help from DSNY to plow the bus routes

Ok, so they had a lot of no shows so what they should do is pay the B/O's who made it to work OT for their run. Sanitation workers get called in way in advance of their 12 hr shifts during snowstorms but B/O's have to report at a certain time.

Thanks CS. Lol. And I still made my trips Regardless no matter the Weather shut I love the snow I remember The Blizzard of 2005 I think Jan or Feb somewhere around their. It took me 5 hours and 25 minutes to get to Bayside from 6 ave and that was with No Chains on my tires. Come to think about it they never put chains on MTABuses but ooo yes NYCT has them on hmmmm IWonder why that is ?

Thanks CS. Lol. And I still made my trips Regardless no matter the Weather shut I love the snow I remember The Blizzard of 2005 I think Jan or Feb somewhere around their. It took me 5 hours and 25 minutes to get to Bayside from 6 ave and that was with No Chains on my tires. Come to think about it they never put chains on MTABuses but ooo yes NYCT has them on hmmmm IWonder why that is ?

Lol . Mta bus c.o should get chains too . these buses in ulmer park even the xpress buses . i was on 4318 and making a turn and it started to slide on snow and some of these buses have chains . but you should have chains too lol . you should tell them about that .

Lol . Mta bus c.o should get chains too . these buses in ulmer park even the xpress buses . i was on 4318 and making a turn and it started to slide on snow and some of these buses have chains . but you should have chains too lol . you should tell them about that .

I dont think MCIs ever get snow chains, During the snowstorm, MCIs from Spring Creek, Ulmer Park, Yukon & Castleton were deadheading through my neighborhood because of the FDR being backed up and one entrance was closd and there were no snow chains on any of the express buses from what I seen. Only on the local buses

I dont think MCIs ever get snow chains, During the snowstorm, MCIs from Spring Creek, Ulmer Park, Yukon & Castleton were deadheading through my neighborhood because of the FDR being backed up and one entrance was closd and there were no snow chains on any of the express buses from what I seen. Only on the local buses

Oh well that was buses with out the chains but there were 5 mcis in the yard with chains . and some novas with chains but they put it on some of them because i guess they willl take them right off in a few days so yea .

Archived