R160 R Train

Iamthe1

Thats what I'm saying! It would be cooler if the MTA has different train designs for each colored routes...like one unique train design for the blue lines, another for the orange, etc.

Most other systems have a diff. design for each individual line, including Japan's (Tokyo) which seems to have a more complex system. I think its so cool to see and ride those different trains...but of course, it seems we would be stuck with one style. Then again Japan and some other places consider their train fans through special events, shows, goods, and all sorts of things, while MTA would give a rat's tail about us...clients' interest, let alone fandom.

A more diverse rolling stock will increase maintenance costs and would require more staff trained on different rolling stock. by having more unified rolling stock you reduce cost of maintenance since you have more of the same parts so you can order them at bulk for less than buying several parts for different stock.

You can't compare Tokyo either since their system is run by several different rail companies.

A more diverse rolling stock will increase maintenance costs and would require more staff trained on different rolling stock. by having more unified rolling stock you reduce cost of maintenance since you have more of the same parts so you can order them at bulk for less than buying several parts for different stock.

You can't compare Tokyo either since their system is run by several different rail companies.

Ok, I understand the maintenance fee.

I do prefer more comfortable seating arrangement on a long distance train.

JR East (Tokyo)/Tokyo Metro I think is the same (public). JR seems to put more care in their clients..and fans; from the unique song each train plays as it closes its doors, the huge commotion when a new train design is introduced, the professional and cool attire the staff wears as well as their client oriented manners, etc... This doesn't count since its private own, but there are even maid cafes that are train themed.

Ok, I understand the maintenance fee.

I do prefer more comfortable seating arrangement on a long distance train.

JR East (Tokyo)/Tokyo Metro I think is the same (public). JR seems to put more care in their clients..and fans; from the unique song each train plays as it closes its doors, the huge commotion when a new train design is introduced, the professional and cool attire the staff wears as well as their client oriented manners, etc... This doesn't count since its private own, but there are even maid cafes that are train themed.

No, JR East is private and Tokyo Metro is public since it's run by the Japanese Government.

Why do you say worst?

The guy literally took over a minute to get from one end of the station to the other. He was crawling at 3-5MPH the whole time. We nearly stopped 12 times in that mere 600-feet span and all because of the timers on that section of track which really permit the train to go much faster than it could have. The T/O completely melted down at every timer and speed limit. UGH. I had to get off that train the minute the doors opened.

As I was taking the (W) yesterday, I saw two R160 (R) trains. I sure miss those R32's on the (R) train. Oh by the way, what line(s) does those two R32 sets from Jamaica yards run on?

They could either run on the (R) or the (V).

• 11 months later...

For a second i thought this was a recent tread. But no its 2010 and its now 2011. You didnt need to bump this R68love.

For the R160s on the (R). Yes there are sometimes a few sets on the (R). Dont rely on the crap wikipedia says.. as some of those wiki foamers keep denying the R160s are on the (R).

Archived