Picture time again: Aer Lingus, Icelandair, Continental, etc etc...

Deaks

Here's some more plane shots, which I took last weekend at Manchester. Friday and Monday were both holidays in England so I made a weekend trip to Reykjavik in Iceland via Icelandair. All are taken at Manchester airport....

PICT0221.jpg

First off an Aer Fungus A320 before departure to Dublin.

PICT0223.jpg

Then one of the several trans-Atlantic departures, a US Airways A330 bound for Philadelphia heads for the runway. With BA's efforts to New York from Manchester now a distant memory, this along with a Delta 767 to Atlanta is the only scheduled wide-body trip to America but there are a further 3 757s daily, with another two more to add in the summer. AA flies to Chicago, whilst both Delta and AA will be adding New York flights with 757s in a month or two. Theses are complemented by....

PICT0227.jpg

....two Continental 757s a day to Newark. This is the later one of the two, which departs at about 11.30.

PICT0225.jpg

Thomson is one of several charter carriers, which go to places like Spain, Egypt, Tunisia, Mexico and so on. One of their 767s arrives here. The hanger-type building behind houses a Concorde, which you can have a look round as it's part of the 'aviation viewing park'.

PICT0229.jpg

This was my transport to Reykjavik, an Icelandair 757. They do a round-robin Reykjavik - Manchester - Glasgow - Reykjavik trip three days a week.

PICT0289-1.jpg

Then this is the one that brought me back to Manchester a few days later, taken from the roof of the car park. It's heading off to Glasgow here. Ain't digital zoom a great thing...!

Archived