Orion VII "NG"

East New York

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The three O7 NGs are there. I saw 3802 last week, and managed to spot an O7NG (it ould have been either 3809 or 3807) sitting inside the yard by the security gate around 1230pm today.

This is the real deal people!

That sounds about right. IIRC, 3802-3818 or 3801-3817 should all be here within a week.

We-e-ell, finally! Next big thing is when the NGs with the new hybrid system get in, but that's not gonna be for a while right? :(

Yeah, i'm not sure when they will be converted to the new batteries, but i bet it's somewhere around 3820. I'll let you guys know as soon as i find out the number.

Everyone stay tuned for 3803-3806, 3813, 3814, & 3816. They are on their way!!! Two of these buses should be delivered to Zerega today and/or tomorrow. Production is set to ramp up within the next 30 days at a rate of 6 buses per day coming off the assembly line. I'm also thinking 3800, and 3801 will be here in mid/late September. Looks like 3800-3839 will be at CAS, and 3840-3879 will be at YUK, but don't quote me on those assignments! Ya'll know how (MTA) is....

So nice that they are keeping the sleek exterior frameless design. I thought for sure they were going to mess it up with the sliding windows like they have done with the RTS. Or maybe they'll change their minds and add it later, like they did with the RTS.

But then what happens if the A/C or heater breaks... you get a hot stuffy bus in the summer or a freezing cold bus in the winter... which is exactly why the sliding windows were added to the RTS's. It looks great without the sliding windows, but it's less practical. In fact, lack of sliding windows is what led to the RTS's of MTA Baltimore going to an early retirement, so I hear...

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw it on the way S60 while riding S93 LTD to catch Vanhool DD on X30 according to operator yesterday.

He said it was 7:45am from first stop, but however due to I couldn't find my wallet until pass 5:54am, so I ended up missing 7:45 Vanhool and 7:59 last bus.

I also saw it on S53 Bay Ridge-bound.

• 2 weeks later...
3962abt9.jpg

This is not a photoshop, this is a photo from Orion Bus Industries.

Cool. The new battery pack looks better. Then I guess by year's end well into the 4100s should be finished.

I swear everytime theres a pic of these buses not in service they have a KB designation on them. It'd be nice if that actually meant something.