Orion VII "NG"

East New York

My friend, if New Flyer could supply buses that fast here, I would drop Orion like a bad habit, and go to New Flyer tomorrow. We have them here already, and they are the better buses with the LF (C40LF)...... Just looking at the buses, one could see that the New Flyer is slightly larger. I drove both the Orion VII CNG, and the C40LF (19-A). The Flyer is far roomier. They just need to shrink that steering wheel, cause it is just too huge. Hopefully they did with the updated Flyers. I thought I was turning a small school bus wheel........

They could supply the buses on a short lease, but they would not be built to MTA specs.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it's true. As an operator of Ulmer Park, i talked with the manager he told me the same thing (not the Citaro part). he told me that the MTA wanted the Orion VII NG on the streets of brooklyn, S.I., and queens. they have to change some specs. to meet the MTA standards which is way too much. they do have a few delivered (7 to 8 maybe) but it's gonna stay a Zerega for a long time. it is first going to be tested again now in Brooklyn or (and) S.I.

What do you mean they have a few delivered??

Okay, so I have a major update! Things may be getting better for the Orion. It seems that at this time they may have worked out the tech problems, as well as redesigned the rear of the bus so it won't bottom out so easy. They have worked the changes into 2 of the 3 buses that have already been manufactured. Production on further buses will resume on Monday.

The demo is now ready for testing! Oh, and did I mention they delivered it to Zerega today??!!

I don't want to get too excited yet, but I hope it's at the Roadeo.

THEY ARE HERE! Two NGs, 3800 and 3801 are at Castleton, and will be in service tomorrow!

These buses should be easy to find all you have to do wait at the ferry terimal and they should pop up. I will proalby go look for them next week being i will have some free time.

It's about time! After enduring hell with the SI Division, I think it's very nice that they've made a sharp improvement and now new buses are headed this way too.

These buses should be easy to find all you have to do wait at the ferry terimal and they should pop up. I will proalby go look for them next week being i will have some free time.

Yep, your right about that. I spotted all of the few TMCs (about 5 out of 300+ local buses) at Yukon in only a 3 hour sitting in the St. George area.

I will definitely make sure I'm out and about tomorrow to go hunt for the O7s.

It's about time! After enduring hell with the SI Division, I think it's very nice that they've made a sharp improvement and now new buses are headed this way too.

Yep, your right about that. I spotted all of the few TMCs (about 5 out of 300+ local buses) at Yukon in only a 3 hour sitting in the St. George area.

I'll probably wait until more are delivered before starting to hunt for them...Megabus or this?

Ha !

I'll probably be up around the St.George area too. Never rode a castleton bus line so I dont know how that might be