Orion VII "NG"

East New York

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, are these buses low floor hybrids or just regular low floor cngs like that of both Brooklyn and the Bronx?

Sorry I don't know for certain, but I don't know the terminology for ng or anything else.

NG stands for Next Generation. The buses are redesigned Orion VII's, which are low floors. I don't see MTA ordering any high floors again. LIB will take delivery of Orion VII NG CNG's next year. The Bronx and Brooklyn CNG depots may get some in 2010.

i Can't Get The Damn Video To Upload. It Keeps On Saying It Is Damaged Or Corrupted. That What I Get For Installing Useless Programs. Well Since My Last Day Of School Is Monday, I Will Look For The Ng Bus And Record It Again. By The Way, The Ng Bus (3801) Left St. George At 1:06pm Today.

Omfg! I Waited At St George For 2 Hours Until 12:50 For Them!

Okay. So the video portion I recorded was shit. But I have the audio recording. It's from Guyon Avenue to Champlaign Avenue on the S78. It was bus #3800, not 3801. 3801 and 3805 will head to Castleton tomorrow or sometime this week (3801 and 3805 are still at Zerega). Remind you, this is a test bus, not really in service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khg57FPK9es

Unfortunately, I forgot how to upload audio files onto the forums, so I had to use pictures I had on my computer and make it to a video file. Now are there any comments.

That's exactly the corner!

I was out and about today on the Island (S46, S48, and S54) and it was like a 1999 Orion V world with a few Novas living it in it. No sight of any O7 NGs, although I did catch a Yukon Nova on the S54 which is pretty rare

They don't want to send them out because the wash in Castleton is causing problems and doing damage to the bus. If they can't resolve that soon, according to an SI Driver on TransitStuff, they'll be heading to Casey Stengel (My response to that :"NOOOOOoo!!!!!!!!").

They don't want to send them out because the wash in Castleton is causing problems and doing damage to the bus. If they can't resolve that soon, according to an SI Driver on TransitStuff, they'll be heading to Casey Stengel (My response to that :"NOOOOOoo!!!!!!!!").

Wow it sounds like a 1999 NovaBus! Was the A/C on?

No. The A/C was off. It does sound like a Nova, but it was a test bus. But don't really count on them being in Castleton very long. They are going to wind up at another depot because they are already having problems with the bus. Besides the wash, the bus didn't do that great when it was testing Sunday. So we'll see if they will move or stay.

Most likely they will move to Casey Stengel, who is on the list to receive a batch as well. Castleton is doing what they do best. Jacking up buses. They haven't even been here a week and need body work. But whoever was overseeing the testing at CAS should have already known the wash clearance. Is that not logical??

Most likely they will move to Casey Stengel, who is on the list to receive a batch as well. Castleton is doing what they do best. Jacking up buses. They haven't even been here a week and need body work. But whoever was overseeing the testing at CAS should have already known the wash clearance. Is that not logical??

CS just got brand new buses so I would hope they would send them elsewhere. And that's the same thing I was thinking, Someone at the depot had to know prior to the buses arrival that they wouldn't fit through the wash.

There's a list of depots getting the buses? would you mind posting that.

CS just got brand new buses so I would hope they would send them elsewhere. And that's the same thing I was thinking, Someone at the depot had to know prior to the buses arrival that they wouldn't fit through the wash.

They only have like 57. They could use a few more. The remainder of their local fleet is 12+ years old. I hope they spread them out over all 5 boroughs.

So looks possibly 3800 paid a visit to Quill or possibly even Manhattanville today. Friend of mine texted me a cell picture this morning with the bus on 42nd Street. Wish I wasn't asleep at the moment, I would've went after it.

But here is a post with the picture.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=102085

I bet these will end up at CS. But wasnt 3805 the training bus?

MOST likely the CAS batch will end up @ CS. CS needs to replace the remainder of their 1993 O5's for retirement. I also believe the Yukon delivery could go as planned, so that they could replace 9382-9429 going back to FLATBUSH (where they belong).

As far as other depots, I THINK GH/WF/QV could also receive these buses.

I COULD BE WRONG! can someone clarify which depots are slated to receive delivery of the NG O7's?

MOST likely the CAS batch will end up @ CS. CS needs to replace the remainder of their 1993 O5's for retirement. I also believe the Yukon delivery could go as planned, so that they could replace 9382-9429 going back to FLATBUSH (where they belong).

I COULD BE WRONG! can someone clarify which depots are slated to receive delivery of the NG O7's?

I dont think anyone knew past the SI placing, although I bet QV could get some.

WF needs no new buses. They got plenty of new artics, and a massive fleet of CNG buses, which aren't that old. KB and GH needs new buses asap........But it's up to the bosses on who gets what.........

I heard from my uncle, who works at Castleton, and said that the NG buses won't be going to Castleton because of the problems that they are having. They are switching them to Carey Stengel. He said that there were a lot of problems. I don't understand why there are so many problems with the buses in Staten Island.

From what I have, this is who is on the list to receive some NG's

NYCT

CAS

YUK

CS

MJQ

GH

KB

QV

FLA

GA

FP

ENY

MTAB

BPK

CPT (but they may end up being the CNG model)

FAR

JFK

LGA

SPK

Thats an interesting selection, I'm surprised they didn't put Manhattanville in there since I heard at one point the (MTA) wanted that depot to become an all hybrid depot.

Thats an interesting selection, I'm surprised they didn't put Manhattanville in there since I heard at one point the (MTA) wanted that depot to become an all hybrid depot.

Now remember we are dealing with the MTA, so this is subject to change at any time. Manhattanville is supposed to get some because they have the oldest hybrids, but I don't think they will untill 2010. Delivery is sceduled for NYCT, MTAB, the the last back to NYCT.