Orion VII "NG"

East New York

I heard from my uncle, who works at Castleton, and said that the NG buses won't be going to Castleton because of the problems that they are having. They are switching them to Carey Stengel. He said that there were a lot of problems. I don't understand why there are so many problems with the buses in Staten Island.

Sadly the wash in Castleton is damaging the buses so its best to put somewhere temporarily until problems are fixed.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently some (buschat) are saying 3800 is simply a demo due to numerous features and details that the (MTA) normally does not incorporate into production buses (such as pull cords, extra lighting etc.) Also, some are even saying buses 3801 and 3805 do not exist. So this would be interesting.

Apparently some (buschat) are saying 3800 is simply a demo due to numerous features and details that the (MTA) normally does not incorporate into production buses (such as pull cords, extra lighting etc.) Also, some are even saying buses 3801 and 3805 do not exist. So this would be interesting.

Yup, that is correct. Some people pointed it out right from the moment they arrived at the roadeo when they saw pull cords on the bus, I know I noticed that QUICKLY. Now, there were quite a few other things pointed, mainly by Trevor Logan when he took a look at the bus. The bars on the back doors, the schedule racks, the grey walls, the exterior side LED lights, the interior LED lights, and the mirrors, all not MTA specs. Almost everything else was fine. Now, another things, had North Carolina plates in the back, another immediate giveaway. Also, for it to be in service, it must have a license plate in the front I heard, which it didn't have. So, what does that mean, the bus has not been in service.

And the other "supposedly* buses that are here, 3801, and 3805, doesn't exist in New York City! I knew it from day one.

Yup, that is correct. Some people pointed it out right from the moment they arrived at the roadeo when they saw pull cords on the bus, I know I noticed that QUICKLY. Now, there were quite a few other things pointed, mainly by Trevor Logan when he took a look at the bus. The bars on the back doors, the schedule racks, the grey walls, the exterior side LED lights, the interior LED lights, and the mirrors, all not MTA specs. Almost everything else was fine. Now, another things, had North Carolina plates in the back, another immediate giveaway. Also, for it to be in service, it must have a license plate in the front I heard, which it didn't have. So, what does that mean, the bus has not been in service.

And the other "supposedly* buses that are here, 3801, and 3805, doesn't exist in New York City! I knew it from day one.

Right, thats still confusing to me, but 3800 is supposed to be a production demo. What if it is built to MTA Specs????

Right, thats still confusing to me, but 3800 is supposed to be a production demo. What if it is built to MTA Specs????

Then it might just be the real "3800".

The one thats here might not be our real 3800. Now, it will go back to Orion, and probably get the changes done and send it back to the MTA. If not, Orion is going to build the real 3800.

when i ask someone about the Orion NG not appearing on Sunday at the Roadeo. he said it was damage, and he also told me the seating arrangement is not official. the total capacity is suppose to be 43 seats. 24 seats in the front 2x2. and 19 in the back. the seating is suppose to be short-coach seats seating. the seats seen at the roadeo was just to test it. he doesn't know about if 3800 is a real bus or not.

when i ask someone about the Orion NG not appearing on Sunday at the Roadeo. he said it was damage, and he also told me the seating arrangement is not official. the total capacity is suppose to be 43 seats. 24 seats in the front 2x2. and 19 in the back. the seating is suppose to be short-coach seats seating. the seats seen at the roadeo was just to test it. he doesn't know about if 3800 is a real bus or not.

Seems very skeptical. I'll have to look over the specs again, and I don't remember them too well at the moment, been a while.

Then if true this is just another demo bus, maybe (if true) that is why MTA is testing this Gillig. Full size tires = better ground clearance, and maybe since Orion can't be on time (running on black peoples times (this is another shot at you the poster Orion also B):P:P), they decided to checkout Gillig. If Orion can't be on time, then it seems someone is breaking contract rules to get buses built properly on time. That 700-800 bus order from Orion, might be cut........

Then if true this is just another demo bus, maybe (if true) that is why MTA is testing this Gillig. Full size tires = better ground clearance, and maybe since Orion can't be on time (running on black peoples times (this is another shot at you the poster Orion also B):P:p), they decided to checkout Gillig. If Orion can't be on time, then it seems someone is breaking contract rules to get buses built properly on time. That 700-800 bus order from Orion, might be cut........

But don't forget that thanks to MTA the rear end of the bus has been redesigned. This is a new option, that so far is exclusively for the TA. The order won't be cut, and Orion is doing everything possible to make sure MTA has the best O7 NG's on the road.