Orion VII "NG"

East New York

Thats what some people thought but we don't know. Most are thinking that 3800 is brand new.

Yep, it's brand new and has a revised rear end with a raiser. There was a lot of talk at the roadeo about it being built to MTA specs or not. I think it was built to (demo specs). We may see pull cords on the new buses.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, it's brand new and has a revised rear end with a raiser. There was a lot of talk at the roadeo about it being built to MTA specs or not. I think it was built to (demo specs). We may see pull cords on the new buses.

It looks better i hope it works better then the Reg VII we have which ain't worth a damn.:(

More expensive sh!t for MTA to maintain. Can you say OOS???????

Our O7 NG's will be unique. They have options never before seen on a line haul transit bus, unlike any other NG operator. These buses will basicly be custom made for MTA.

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for breakdowns, and lack of buses, as the new Hybrids will be needing alot of TLC. I can see many teething problems, with this unnecessary crap in these buses. If MTA was smart, they would have ordered Orion Vs for the areas that have hill problems for hybrids (with the Cummins of course), and ordered NG hybrids for places that can handle them. But no, they have to be the MTA.........

yeah exactly aren't most buses suppose to have more than 40 seats to become a standard buses.

It's the TA. Who's gonna tell them different. Nobody that's who........

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for breakdowns, and lack of buses, as the new Hybrids will be needing alot of TLC. I can see many teething problems, with this unnecessary crap in these buses. If MTA was smart, they would have ordered Orion Vs for the areas that have hill problems for hybrids (with the Cummins of course), and ordered NG hybrids for places that can handle them. But no, they have to be the MTA............

I agree. They need to order one last batch of Orion V's, but that will never happen. Cummins and John Deere are the only options now anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

So progress on the NG's seems to be coming along at a better pace. But get this! The fisrt batch to be delivered will have the old hybrid system! What's up with that??? Aparently the upgraded system with A123 lithium ion batteries won't make it into our NG's untill 2009! Stay tuned for an "old" NG!

So progress on the NG's seems to be coming along at a better pace. But get this! The fisrt batch to be delivered will have the old hybrid system! What's up with that??? Aparently the upgraded system with A123 lithium ion batteries won't make it into our NG's untill 2009! Stay tuned for an "old" NG!

yeah baby thank god

_ _

\ \ / /

\ \/ /

\ /

||

||

damn it!

OUCH! Houston METRO's NG HEVs will NOT have the old hybrid system. When ours are delivered, they'll have the A123 lithium ion batteries. SWEET!B)

Hopefully, MTA will have the price of the bus dropped now. You pay more for a newer system, not the same for an older one.......

Saying that, MTA should had split the order between Orion and New Flyer (no matter if they use two different systems). Competition usually get things moving. But to not get a dud, due to faster building of the buses (one trying to beat the other), after one of each is built, test them for 60day (not 30), and get the kinks out. After this have them built. One will always be faster than the other, and will have less problems.....This is what I say......