It aint gona be good

Olegkha

Gleason is loosing over 70 runs on weekday, 40-45 weekends.

Union posted a sign that 700 B/O will be let go by MTA come end of June through out the whole system.

So who ever is waiting on 5025 or 8006 I guess you can add 700 numbers who will end up in front of you, and will have to be placed before you will get a call for training (ones they will start hiring )

I even took a picture of that sign, it was so unbelievable.

700 people that is every one who got hired from first class on June 8,2009 all the way up till today. And probably couple more from previous years of classes ( before the last hire freeze )

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Union posted a sign that 700 B/O will be let go by MTA come end of June through out the whole system.

So who ever is waiting on 5025 or 8006 I guess you can add 700 numbers who will end up in front of you, and will have to be placed before you will get a call for training (ones they will start hiring )

700 people that is every one who got hired from first class on June 8,2009 all the way up till today. And probably couple more from previous years of classes ( before the last hire freeze )

Hey Oleg, is TA taking the biggest hit among B/O's? Trying to figure out how many layoffs from each depot is impossible. I guess each depot will have their own sign up at the union office.

DevilBus65 heard that they will layoff any B/O with 3 or less years on the job. Now the question is for how long will these layoffs last? Oh well, it is what it is.

can u post the pic? because i dont see it in UP

Hey Oleg, is TA taking the biggest hit among B/O's? Trying to figure out how many layoffs from each depot is impossible. I guess each depot will have their own sign up at the union office.

DevilBus65 heard that they will layoff any B/O with 3 or less years on the job. Now the question is for how long will these layoffs last? Oh well, it is what it is.

HUH ?

There will be a system pick , ones all depots will be closed the rest will get the boot.

i think they should just adjust the bus schedule on the weekends in stead of every 5 or 10mins make it either like every 20 or 25mins wait for bus or just not run service on the weekends at all and i know that would be crazy i think i should annoy the mta for answers i want to but if i do i`ll get arrested which i don`t want i need a log book to keep track of the letters i sent to the mta like i`ll write a letter to the mta every month or sumthing

(L)isten (MTA) needs B/ops like Pizza needs cheese so don't jump off the Roof just yet .

Cuts cuts and (M2)o cuts but (MTA) needs to make Service .

No Bus ops ,No Svc and the (M2)illons and (M2)illons of the people will be heard cuz (MTA) needs the Revenue

Seems to be the problem these days you got businessmen running everything and they dont know the way the game works. Things get bad they cut off their nose to spite their face and it doesn't work. You make money off running trains and buses, so what do they cut? trains and buses. Meanwhile you got HR which is useless and all these support jobs, OK ALL of them took a 10% pay cut (even the useful ones which isn't good because it makes em leave) but you STILL paying the useless ones to stick around.

HR is the bane of existence and businessmen never fire them because they think those people make the company "more efficient" and they don't. HR don't move trains buses or shit, yet they keep their jobs.

ALL companies/business/gov't agencies are going that way, and it's hurting America's ability to be competitive because the cost of HR employees is built into the cost of everything we do....

But like everyone said if the hiring situation's bad, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone cuz everyone should have a backup plan and have been "pleasantly" surprised when they get called, don't put all your eggs in one basket especially if it's TA.

I heard the pay cut didnt go through also.. Funny how they dont put that in the news.

It was in the paper in a tiny articl a while back that the MTA "found" enough money so that nobody has to take the pay cut.

Seems to be the problem these days you got businessmen running everything and they dont know the way the game works. Things get bad they cut off their nose to spite their face and it doesn't work. You make money off running trains and buses, so what do they cut? trains and buses. Meanwhile you got HR which is useless and all these support jobs, OK ALL of them took a 10% pay cut (even the useful ones which isn't good because it makes em leave) but you STILL paying the useless ones to stick around.

HR is the bane of existence and businessmen never fire them because they think those people make the company "more efficient" and they don't. HR don't move trains buses or shit, yet they keep their jobs.

ALL companies/business/gov't agencies are going that way, and it's hurting America's ability to be competitive because the cost of HR employees is built into the cost of everything we do....

But like everyone said if the hiring situation's bad, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone cuz everyone should have a backup plan and have been "pleasantly" surprised when they get called, don't put all your eggs in one basket especially if it's TA.

what is amazing to me is that their problems were worse in 1975 than now, and yet mta didnt lay off a soul........pretty surprising that they would resort to this............

this guy coming in clearly has no mind or soul......he clearly doesnt give a damn about placing employees on unemployment.........

we can thank that blind bastard david paterson for putting this character in charge of mta........

i wonder if any laid off union members are going to look to sue local 100....ive heard some in stations may do that........

what is amazing to me is that their problems were worse in 1975 than now, and yet mta didnt lay off a soul........pretty surprising that they would resort to this............

this guy coming in clearly has no mind or soul......he clearly doesnt give a damn about placing employees on unemployment.........

we can thank that blind bastard david paterson for putting this character in charge of mta........

i wonder if any laid off union members are going to look to sue local 100....ive heard some in stations may do that........

is there any legal reason to think that they would win a lawsuit like that?

I didn't get an opportunity to see that letter but if it didn't mention subject to recall or furlough I doubt that people will be getting their jobs back I might as well go back to Access A Ride it's a job that nobody wants to do but you know what it's a job rather then sitting at home collecting Unemployment when someone else needs it more then I do im sure TA Queens & Staten Island Division will go untouched the trouble that TWU causes will surely get the target landed on thier work force gee thanks in advance Mr. toussant for the troubles you have caused over the years prior to your departure and non union solidarity what a douche

It wasnt a letter, it was just a print out on the wall

Why do you think Queens and SI will go untouched, arent we all in the same seniority pool ? So last X amount of people means system wide , or am i wrong ?

If you mean only in Brooklyn, Man. and BX. If thats the case then the person who came in December but in SI will get to keep their job ?

(L)isten (MTA) needs B/ops like Pizza needs cheese so don't jump off the Roof just yet .

Cuts cuts and (M2)o cuts but (MTA) needs to make Service .

No Bus ops ,No Svc and the (M2)illons and (M2)illons of the people will be heard cuz (MTA) needs the Revenue

No it sounds like they really mean business this time not just talk it's reality with reduction in services they don't need excess man power im sure the days of paying you to sit around ar also coming to an end this is it Operator's who do Express runs be prepared to do work once you get back to the Depot no more long swings im sure they will definitely put you on a local for a trip or two until it's time to go back to Manhattan talk about getting your monies worth

It wasnt a letter, it was just a print out on the wall

Why do you think Queens and SI will go untouched, arent we all in the same seniority pool ? So last X amount of people means system wide , or am i wrong ?

If you mean only in Brooklyn, Man. and BX. If thats the case then the person who came in December but in SI will get to keep their job ?

anything not associated with TWU being that their workforce out numbers ATU which represents Queens & Staten Island

to me its sounds like TA Brooklyn OA Manhattan & The Bronx and (MTA) Bus Company are the likely targets

and nope we are not all in the same seniority pool during the General pick I printed out a list of names by senority not one person from my class who went to Queens or Staten Island was on that list it's like a total different system out there

i think they should just adjust the bus schedule on the weekends in stead of every 5 or 10mins make it either like every 20 or 25mins wait for bus or just not run service on the weekends at all and i know that would be crazy i think i should annoy the mta for answers i want to but if i do i`ll get arrested which i don`t want i need a log book to keep track of the letters i sent to the mta like i`ll write a letter to the mta every month or sumthing

If you write to MTA/NYCT in the style you wrote, one long sentence with horrible punctuation, I can assure your letter goes in the garbage.

Congratulations.You have made the most nonsensical,moronic posts I have read in this entire forum.

Ah the fine act of the run on sentence. I get an email everyday about another manager retiring from the TA so I guess plenty of them are taking the buyout. Only time will tell if Igor's letters to the MTA will convince them to keep service,or confuse them enough to stop the cuts.

Archived