It aint gona be good

Olegkha

Ah the fine act of the run on sentence. I get an email everyday about another manager retiring from the TA so I guess plenty of them are taking the buyout. Only time will tell if Igor's letters to the MTA will convince them to keep service,or confuse them enough to stop the cuts.

After maybe 4 million of those letters with the same exact punctuation will they make a move.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations.You have made the most nonsensical,moronic posts I have read in this entire forum.

well it can be moronic or stupid but hey it`s still my opinon no matter what. I`m willing to do that to see if i can get answer from the mta i`ll write out the letter by hand but one thing can some one on this post tell me the address i can send the letter to. please be serious with me people i`m willing to do it because this is what i wanna do is work for the ta as my career. thanks again.

well it can be moronic or stupid but hey it`s still my opinon no matter what. I`m willing to do that to see if i can get answer from the mta i`ll write out the letter by hand but one thing can some one on this post tell me the address i can send the letter to. please be serious with me people i`m willing to do it because this is what i wanna do is work for the ta as my career. thanks again.

Don't waste your time. Don't waste your time. Don't waste your time.

We already know how bad you want to work for the mta, you've repeated yourself 15 thousand times. You and thousands of people are waiting patiently for an opportunity for a position. The MTA is laying off people. They wont be calling anyone till probably next year and I'm just guesstamating. Relax, your time will come.

Hang in there Igor. With all the mess the MTA is in who the hell knows who's getting called and who's not. I tell you what, you frequent an internet message board about transit. You should be asking questions and participate in discussions about the job to better prepare yourself in case that call finally comes. ;)

There's some really cool people here that already work for the agency. :cool:

Igor

what do you want to try?? Do you honestly think the mta cares what you have to say ?? If you believe they do I have a few bridges to sell you. Please stop being so naive

My honest opinion is that you will not get called for conductor or bus operator because you didn't score high enough. Sorry to be so blunt but this is the reality of it even with a good list number it's hard to get called with all this turmoil going on that is effecting everyone. Start looking at other agencies I don't think the ta is your calling

we who work for mta know how happy we where to get the job. so come on guys stop killing these guys dreams about getting the job. it will come if mta dont hire this year thay will have to hire double for next year so keep the faith and your time will come

anything not associated with TWU being that their workforce out numbers ATU which represents Queens & Staten Island

to me its sounds like TA Brooklyn OA Manhattan & The Bronx and (MTA) Bus Company are the likely targets

and nope we are not all in the same seniority pool during the General pick I printed out a list of names by senority not one person from my class who went to Queens or Staten Island was on that list it's like a total different system out there

Do you still have that list ?

I want to know whats my number from the bottom

It wasnt a letter, it was just a print out on the wall

Why do you think Queens and SI will go untouched, arent we all in the same seniority pool ? So last X amount of people means system wide , or am i wrong ?

If you mean only in Brooklyn, Man. and BX. If thats the case then the person who came in December but in SI will get to keep their job ?

Why dont you answer that since you seem to know it all?

you tell me how a guy off 5025 in Bklyn or Manhattan with a list number of 100 is gonna get laid off when a guy in Queens with a list number of 200 gets to keep his? I wanna hear this one!

In Queens(14 lines either reduced or eliminated) what is going to happen with those surplus B/O's?

On the ATU 1056 website there is a rally scheduled in Washington D.C for April 27th. Details are in the union office.

Flushing Flash? what says you?

Stop getting riled up ....if it happens it happens and we cant do anything about it...but will it happen..I doubt it. you watch the last second bail out thats gonna happen.

And watch how they look to cut NON civil service first.

Do I care hell no Ill get my life back !

Why dont you answer that since you seem to know it all?

you tell me how a guy off 5025 in Bklyn or Manhattan with a list number of 100 is gonna get laid off when a guy in Queens with a list number of 200 gets to keep his? I wanna hear this one!

First of all, where the hell did you see me saying that i know it all ?

Second, i have asked the same question in the post you are quoting (I think there will be lots of pissed of people heading straight to the lawyers office if it will not happen in the correct , system wide, order)

;)

Igor

what do you want to try?? Do you honestly think the mta cares what you have to say ?? If you believe they do I have a few bridges to sell you. Please stop being so naive

My honest opinion is that you will not get called for conductor or bus operator because you didn't score high enough. Sorry to be so blunt but this is the reality of it even with a good list number it's hard to get called with all this turmoil going on that is effecting everyone. Start looking at other agencies I don't think the ta is your calling

I still have a list number from mabstoa which is 1,894

Hey guys it is true that Transit are doing a lot of major cuts with services, and employees. It would be best to start looking else where, because its not going to get any better at all...lets not depend on if you ever get called from them...every city jobs are on a freeze....:mad:

i wonder if any laid off union members are going to look to sue local 100....ive heard some in stations may do that........

That just proves how spoiled this country is. Suing the union for not "protecting" you.

Igor, Dude, YOU ARE TALKING TO YOUR SELF.

Take a day off, take it easy, relax. see a doctor :P

It is never a good sign when you start quoting your own messages ;)

;)

LMAO!

Hey guys it is true that Transit are doing a lot of major cuts with services, and employees. It would be best to start looking else where, because its not going to get any better at all...lets not depend on if you ever get called from them...every city jobs are on a freeze....:mad:

In that case i`m gonna into getting a job with a school bus company

That just proves how spoiled this country is. Suing the union for not "protecting" you.

LMAO!

I wouldn't call it spoiled the Union is supposed to insure job protection but the thing that caught my ATTENTION was no talk of subject to RECALL or FURLOUGH it seems this time Management has the upper hand and the Union and the workers are like deer in the head lights

I wouldn't call it spoiled the Union is supposed to insure job protection but the thing that caught my ATTENTION was no talk of subject to RECALL or FURLOUGH it seems this time Management has the upper hand and the Union and the workers are like deer in the head lights

there should be a decertifcation vote...........decertify from this union.........

In that case i`m gonna into getting a job with a school bus company

Or you can choose to work for yourself. Is it easy? of course not, but it can be done. Just start from where you are, do something that you like to do. You can only stop yourself.

You may be a lousy writer Igor but you are a fighter who doesn't give up and battles to the end. :tup:

Or you can choose to work for yourself. Is it easy? of course not, but it can be done. Just start from where you are, do something that you like to do. You can only stop yourself.

You may be a lousy writer Igor but you are a fighter who doesn't give up and battles to the end. :tup:

Hey that`s how i was raised to be if i wanna find out on sumthing i just go in there by mysalf and get the facts and details and decide from there is it worth it or not were i work at now for access a ride the union there that represents ud is no good 707 but were trying to get 1181 in which represents school buses and access a ride companys to

Seems to be the problem these days you got businessmen running everything and they dont know the way the game works. Things get bad they cut off their nose to spite their face and it doesn't work. You make money off running trains and buses, so what do they cut? trains and buses. Meanwhile you got HR which is useless and all these support jobs, OK ALL of them took a 10% pay cut (even the useful ones which isn't good because it makes em leave) but you STILL paying the useless ones to stick around.

HR is the bane of existence and businessmen never fire them because they think those people make the company "more efficient" and they don't. HR don't move trains buses or shit, yet they keep their jobs.

ALL companies/business/gov't agencies are going that way, and it's hurting America's ability to be competitive because the cost of HR employees is built into the cost of everything we do....

But like everyone said if the hiring situation's bad, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone cuz everyone should have a backup plan and have been "pleasantly" surprised when they get called, don't put all your eggs in one basket especially if it's TA.

ALL OF THE ADMIN JOBS ARE GOING TO A NEW AGENCY THEY ARE STARTING CALLED BSC. THEY ARE GOING TO CENTRALIZE ALL OF SUPPORT FUNCTIONS. i KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE i WORK @ ARE RETIRING ONLY BECAUSE OF THIS REASON.

Archived