Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Olegkha

It aint gona be good

Exactly, they are having us bring all their property to ps 248 which the most inconvenient plus for us to but is safe for them because there wont be a single TA boss in the building. Had we had to go to 2 broadway or 130 livingston st, they fear there would be too much of a scene. And don't want the public to see how they just throw away their employees like trash. so since ps 248 is an enclosed building far away from the bosses and crowded public places if a scene is to arise not many people will see it. I'am very sure they will have plenty of police officers there as they collect their property and tell you that your laid off.

PS 248 always has more cops in the building than TA workers.

(MTA)and the bald basturd are aware of this being a election year. thats why they are going to lay as many people off as possible before the next gov takes office in jan. we need to start strong arming politicians
walders severance package should be challenged in court because it is a hefty one its bad enough the guy's rent is footed by the tax payers

He gets a $5,000 a month housing allowance. I tried to find out where this piece of shit lives but I was unsuccessful. If I do find out though I will make sure to post his address on here just in case somebody wants to pay him a visit to say hello...

I am sure he is on a month to month lease wherever he lives now. Once the new Governor gets sworn in he will punt Mr Walder back to wherever he came from and he will be out of our sights and minds.

He gets a $5,000 a month housing allowance. I tried to find out where this piece of shit lives but I was unsuccessful. If I do find out though I will make sure to post his address on here just in case somebody wants to pay him a visit to say hello...

I am sure he is on a month to month lease wherever he lives now. Once the new Governor gets sworn in he will punt Mr Walder back to wherever he came from and he will be out of our sights and minds.

He lives somewhere in TriBeca but don't know the address Big thanks to Greg Mocker and the CW11 for that info and on the peice he did about what the (MTA) spends it's money on

Speaking of Walder, I found this during his nomination process. Thought it was interesting:

well let me know i have some paper to show him of tests i took and everything i`ll be more then happy to go there and pay him a hello vist and say what i have to say and show him my test scores from city exams i took and say it to his face i`m here to prove my piont to ur face that u need workers like us to keep the city moving quicker. less city workers =`s slower moving city

less city workers =`s slower moving city

The bean counters don't care about that. They just care about saving pennies. Unfortunately while they save the pennies, they drop the dollars.

In my day to day work at GCT I see the clueless people that don't know where they are going or how to get there. With out the station agents these people will get fed up and end up taking a taxi to get where they are going.

well let me know i have some paper to show him of tests i took and everything i`ll be more then happy to go there and pay him a hello vist and say what i have to say and show him my test scores from city exams i took and say it to his face i`m here to prove my piont to ur face that u need workers like us to keep the city moving quicker. less city workers =`s slower moving city

I hate to break it to you, but less municipal workers simply means less municipal workers. The politicians would love to have every man, woman, child and dog living in NYC to feel that less municipal workers actually means less taxes. City Hall and pensions don't mix, which is why you'll never seen a union outfit performing municipal services contracted out. City Hall also feels that municipal workers are slow-moving, full of greedy older people who move at a forward pace slightly faster than reverse and thrive on doing the bare minimum. Conservative politicians hate unionized labor, the costs associated with salaries and benefits packages (particularly pensions) and any chance that conservatives have to cut costs, further widen the gap between white and blue collars and cause unions to develop internal dissention by laying off some jobs, threatening others and getting the fingers to start pointing, they will pounce upon and milk until the bitter end. Municipal services are still needed, and how those services will get done isn't the issue. The real issue has long been ridding the taxpayer of expensive city employees. Again, less municipal workers just means less municipal workers.

The bean counters don't care about that. They just care about saving pennies. Unfortunately while they save the pennies, they drop the dollars.

In my day to day work at GCT I see the clueless people that don't know where they are going or how to get there. With out the station agents these people will get fed up and end up taking a taxi to get where they are going.

100% accurate. I've been told time and time again that "if you want to move up, better screw up." It's not the smartest workers or the best test-takers or the most productive or the perfect attendees or even those with flawless records who enjoy the most success within the municipal system. Not at all. Those workers will most likely be confined to the field because they are productive and offer the P.R. skills that management loves to hide behind. Rather, it's the subservient Yeah Men who consistently surprise everyone by bending their huge asses and bloated stomachs over in order to take and carry out any order that his or her superior delegates out. These drones are generally the ones who obtained a CDL in order to fulfill a lower title's requirement, but they can't even park CNG Accords and hybrid Priuses. These drones are the ones who have multiple-volume files filled with accidents, damage reports, attendance warnings, dress code violations and poor evaluations. These drones are the ones who constantly give the "Back in the day..." and "I remember this one time..." stories of nostalgia, but if you were to ask someone else who remembers this yarn-spinner from way back when, you'll hear stories of two hours at the deli, sleeping in the crew cab, and "he always had to go to the bathroom when we were just set to start the hardest part of the job."

Your test scores don't matter nearly as much as your willingness to do whatever your superior tells you, without question, and it's best if you don't even know what the hell you're doing. You'll be less likely to go nuts or complain that way.

100% accurate. I've been told time and time again that "if you want to move up, better screw up."

I'd like to say that never happens at my job. If I did I'd be lying. I know too many people that were DQ'd at least once and are now management.

He lives somewhere in TriBeca but don't know the address Big thanks to Greg Mocker and the CW11 for that info and on the peice he did about what the (MTA) spends it's money on

He lives at the Tribeca Tower,105 Duane St, between Church and Broadway. It's a 52 story luxury high rise. I wonder if he "downgraded" his pad after announcing the first wave of layoffs. 1bdrms start at $3,555 a month.

well, I found out B/O's did get some notices. One driver in my depot, the lowest in seniority in the depot and he came in the last class which was dec.20th. He got a letter via registered mail the day we got back from the rally in D.C. He said it didnt give him a specific date. It was just a notice of the possibilty of being laid off b/c of budget deficit blah blah blah... Basically a warning letter..

I came in the class b4 him, dec. 7th and I'm only two seniority spot above him in the depot. And they started posting notices of the service cuts at bus stops too..

I'm wondering how many B/O's actually got the notice though. there were only 14 in his class. 18 in mine.

well, I found out B/O's did get some notices. One driver in my depot, the lowest in seniority in the depot and he came in the last class which was dec.20th. He got a letter via registered mail the day we got back from the rally in D.C. He said it didnt give him a specific date. It was just a notice of the possibilty of being laid off b/c of budget deficit blah blah blah... Basically a warning letter..

I came in the class b4 him, dec. 7th and I'm only two seniority spot above him in the depot. And they started posting notices of the service cuts at bus stops too..

I'm wondering how many B/O's actually got the notice though. there were only 14 in his class. 18 in mine.

Interesting.....

That is odd, so he is the only one in your depot to get the notice? Did you by any chance get one? I am wondering because my husband's class was in August-trying to get all the inof I can about any kind of notification.

it is odd. I am thinking, for whatever reason, maybe they sent the noticies to the last class that came in..?? Why only them, I have no idea.. But he is the only driver, at least that I know of, that has gotten the notice. All of us new guys have been keeping in touch kind of so as soon as someone gets something we let each other know.. I havent gotten one.. yet. but I check my mailbox everyday. I should probably stop thinking about it b/c it's stressing me out, but I cant help it. I'm married with 2 kids. Wife doesnt work b/c My kids are still small and no one else to watch them. So I am trying to put together a plan B b/c unemployment checks aint gonna cut it alone. Barely getting by as is. This whole situation just sux. One guy that works with us, his wife works in payroll. 7 yrs on the job. Got laid off.

The wife was in payroll? They are going for adminsitrative I guess as well?

Yes they are doing it as i type...

Speaking of Walder, I found this during his nomination process. Thought it was interesting:

Nice piece and he seen this storm brewing from the start. But of course anything that makes sense always falls on deaf ears when it comes to the suits...

Nice piece and he seen this storm brewing from the start. But of course anything that makes sense always falls on deaf ears when it comes to the suits...

Of coruse...

Saturdays and Sundays, with the service changes here, we need S/A's. Alot of tourists on the weekends.........

I'd like to say that never happens at my job. If I did I'd be lying. I know too many people that were DQ'd at least once and are now management.

That's the MTA way of moving up..........

He lives at the Tribeca Tower,105 Duane St, between Church and Broadway. It's a 52 story luxury high rise. I wonder if he "downgraded" his pad after announcing the first wave of layoffs. 1bdrms start at $3,555 a month.

With the saving from the layoffs, he will upgrade to a more expensive apartment...........

Hopefully mo more layoffs are coming. But if so, I think personnel laid off, will get re-hired, once political season comes, crime goes up in the subways, and people get pissed off, cause they can't get help or answers. Politicians aren't going to pay with their jobs, but I am hoping most do. It's their own fault for not holding MTA accountable, and looking after their own greed. They should have been got rid of contractors, and use them only when absolutely necessary. The senate should be the entity to question, why they need a contractor, do we have personnel that can do it, and say yay or nay to a contractor being used. But they don't. MTA would have billions in their coffers, over all the years they unnecessarily used contractors. Their is no reason I see that contractors are working on Whitlock, Soundview, or Parkchester on the (6) line. We have an infrastructure, and station dept.........

Saturdays and Sundays, with the service changes here, we need S/A's. Alot of tourists on the weekends.........

That's the MTA way of moving up..........

With the saving from the layoffs, he will upgrade to a more expensive apartment...........

Hopefully mo more layoffs are coming. But if so, I think personnel laid off, will get re-hired, once political season comes, crime goes up in the subways, and people get pissed off, cause they can't get help or answers. Politicians aren't going to pay with their jobs, but I am hoping most do. It's their own fault for not holding MTA accountable, and looking after their own greed. They should have been got rid of contractors, and use them only when absolutely necessary. The senate should be the entity to question, why they need a contractor, do we have personnel that can do it, and say yay or nay to a contractor being used. But they don't. MTA would have billions in their coffers, over all the years they unnecessarily used contractors. Their is no reason I see that contractors are working on Whitlock, Soundview, or Parkchester on the (6) line. We have an infrastructure, and station dept.........

these contractors pay top dollar for these projects. as long as the envelope's keep coming the same contractors will get hired over and over to do crappy jobs. i have been on jobs where 1or 2 people from infrastructure supervise contractors doing their work. meanwhile i saw on the news that the post found out some lirr and metro north employees made over 100k and they are putting (MTA) problems on overtime cost's.

these contractors pay top dollar for these projects. as long as the envelope's keep coming the same contractors will get hired over and over to do crappy jobs. i have been on jobs where 1or 2 people from infrastructure supervise contractors doing their work. meanwhile i saw on the news that the post found out some lirr and metro north employees made over 100k and they are putting (MTA) problems on overtime cost's.

I know about the envelopes, and of course politicians, and MTA hire ups are getting monies, when the cost inflates, and their relatives names are on shareholder claims...........

I just seen that story about MNRR and LIRR. They were actually singling out their dispatchers, but that Post reporter, along with the news guy Harry Martin (was watching Fox), didn't seem to know how to describe who was making that monies. They said some were making $250,000 a year. I don't think our line managers make that a year. The NYCTA President, and maybe the CTO, might get those numbers........

From what scuttlebutt I've heard btwn Friday pm and Monday some of the managers have been sent back to supt. or what ever title they used to hold. Supposedly some bit the bullet and hit the road. This is all hearsay at the moment because it appears that the (MTA) is not issuing notices like they used to do when some supervisors got promoted. I think the (5) line general manager left and the (5) line AGM was calling himself Supt last week when we had the 12-9 at 149th St-GC last week. Maybe I'll sign on tomorrow and be the new General Superintendent or Chief Transportation Officer. I know I can't do worse than the usual suspects.

From what scuttlebutt I've heard btwn Friday pm and Monday some of the managers have been sent back to supt. or what ever title they used to hold. Supposedly some bit the bullet and hit the road. This is all hearsay at the moment because it appears that the (MTA) is not issuing notices like they used to do when some supervisors got promoted. I think the (5) line general manager left and the (5) line AGM was calling himself Supt last week when we had the 12-9 at 149th St-GC last week. Maybe I'll sign on tomorrow and be the new General Superintendent or Chief Transportation Officer. I know I can't do worse than the usual suspects.

So what does that mean, they took payroll deductions to ease money problems lol

So what does that mean, they took payroll deductions to ease money problems lol

It appears that a few of these people got increases to become managers in the first place. Now that the s..t has hit the fan they are either leaving or being "demoted" to their former titles and salaries. Sort of re-arranging the deck chairs on the (MTA) " Titanic". Meanwhile the hourlies are being shown the door.Of course the line manager position was highly touted in the press when it was started in the subways but the new changes haven't been mentioned in the media. What a racket, get promoted with a raise for a few years and retire with a higher pension, or get demoted to "just" 100K a year.