It aint gona be good

Olegkha

It appears that a few of these people got increases to become managers in the first place. Now that the s..t has hit the fan they are either leaving or being "demoted" to their former titles and salaries. Sort of re-arranging the deck chairs on the (MTA) " Titanic". Meanwhile the hourlies are being shown the door.Of course the line manager position was highly touted in the press when it was started in the subways but the new changes haven't been mentioned in the media. What a racket, get promoted with a raise for a few years and retire with a higher pension, or get demoted to "just" 100K a year.

It's ridiculous how the management within some of these agencies and authorities are so quick to give the blue collars the boot and leave these workers assed out so that the white collars can cash out.

It's all about the money, and it's so easy for some of these blameless desk types to point the finger and wave the pink notices with claims of "I did my job; the workers didn't. Cutting those positions is the best move we can make." They must look at it as if since one supervisor and manager per every eight or ten workers didn't work, one supervisor and manager per every two workers is the best resolution. I know that's what it's heading towards where I am. I personally don't feel that makes sense, unless these people feel like getting grease on their pressed linen shirts, scratching their cuff links and actually looking the public in the face.

White collars have always wanted to nickel and dime the blue collars just so that no one could twenty and hundred them. The list of job tasks for the supervisor position within my agency clearly states that "in the absence of his or her subordinates, a supervisor must perform any and all duties when necessary." I have yet to see any of that. Rather, all I've seen is the subordinates handed more work and a resounding shout of "hurry up." It's b.s., and some of these managers can't even keep track of their own spending habits. And these are the same people responsible for balancing the budget of large departments, agencies and authorities that are entirely dependent on taxpayer and fares for revenue and operations? My ass.

That ballpoint pen and that marble paperweight are nice for signing and weighing down pink slips. It's unfortunate that pen and weight are also worth two days' pay for the sorry "antiquated" worker who just got the ax and now has to provide for a family on menial unemployment wages and ridiculous COBRA payments.

Un-effing-real.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ridiculous how the management within some of these agencies and authorities are so quick to give the blue collars the boot and leave these workers assed out so that the white collars can cash out.

It's all about the money, and it's so easy for some of these blameless desk types to point the finger and wave the pink notices with claims of "I did my job; the workers didn't. Cutting those positions is the best move we can make." They must look at it as if since one supervisor and manager per every eight or ten workers didn't work, one supervisor and manager per every two workers is the best resolution. I know that's what it's heading towards where I am. I personally don't feel that makes sense, unless these people feel like getting grease on their pressed linen shirts, scratching their cuff links and actually looking the public in the face.

White collars have always wanted to nickel and dime the blue collars just so that no one could twenty and hundred them. The list of job tasks for the supervisor position within my agency clearly states that "in the absence of his or her subordinates, a supervisor must perform any and all duties when necessary." I have yet to see any of that. Rather, all I've seen is the subordinates handed more work and a resounding shout of "hurry up." It's b.s., and some of these managers can't even keep track of their own spending habits. And these are the same people responsible for balancing the budget of large departments, agencies and authorities that are entirely dependent on taxpayer and fares for revenue and operations? My ass.

That ballpoint pen and that marble paperweight are nice for signing and weighing down pink slips. It's unfortunate that pen and weight are also worth two days' pay for the sorry "antiquated" worker who just got the ax and now has to provide for a family on menial unemployment wages and ridiculous COBRA payments.

Un-effing-real.

But but other Unions are doing this and giving back to the boss as well....

So what if the boss has more money than God....

Rutgers great post. Like I've said before there is a growing divide between the suits and everyone else. In the past, the people would get pissed off, a few rich pricks would get tarred and feathered, hung, or shot, and the powers that be would realize things needed to change.

Nowadays the sheeple are too busy watching Youtube cats crawl in sleeves or wondering about what is going to happen on the next episode of (insert reality TV show here) to care as they are being nickel and dimed to a new low standard of living.

Worse, the youngin's aren't even voting, which means that our problems don't matter because literally the LAST "power" the people have left is not being used by those people so why should the powers that be care? Why do you think they care about a bunch of 70 and 80 year old geezers that will be dead in 5 years when discussing reform efforts or changes? Because those people vote is why and the next election's in 4 or less...

But but other Unions are doing this and giving back to the boss as well....

So what if the boss has more money than God....

Screw the other unions and their bosses. I can say that because I'm a due-paying member in one of the largest unions in the city, if not THE largest (I haven't even looked at the stats because I don't care - we're weaker than a teaspoon of vodka in a gallon of orange juice.)

Maybe The Boss is financing the Apocalypse, because between 2012, the Four Horsemen (guess who gets to play the Black Horse of Famine! :P) running express between Madison Avenue and Livingston Street and the Terminator considering a presidential run, this city, this country, THIS PLANET is headed straight towards Hell, controlled by Satan and his unique OPMO: One Person Misery Operation. :mad:

Rutgers great post. Like I've said before there is a growing divide between the suits and everyone else. In the past, the people would get pissed off, a few rich pricks would get tarred and feathered, hung, or shot, and the powers that be would realize things needed to change.

Nowadays the sheeple are too busy watching Youtube cats crawl in sleeves or wondering about what is going to happen on the next episode of (insert reality TV show here) to care as they are being nickel and dimed to a new low standard of living.

Worse, the youngin's aren't even voting, which means that our problems don't matter because literally the LAST "power" the people have left is not being used by those people so why should the powers that be care? Why do you think they care about a bunch of 70 and 80 year old geezers that will be dead in 5 years when discussing reform efforts or changes? Because those people vote is why and the next election's in 4 or less...

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, just as my father and both of his parents, lone sister and two of her three kids (all active due-paying union members) have said: pensions are being phased out by the tightwad conservatives, health care benefit costs are through the roof and the blue collar workers are considered expendable and expensive. If anything, union members such as myself are consistently targeted by tightwad conservatives as a prime example of unnecessary taxpayer spending, and more and more non-unionized contractors are being hired to complete a job tomorrow that was started by an in-house union shop yesterday. I can understand why kids right out of high school and college are neither interested nor properly educated on how unions and management operate. Still, you're right on the money by commenting on how the target of many political campaigns has become those either nearing retirement or already retired. Rather than get involved at the ground level, which is really where any political movement begins, most kids would rather watch Harold & Kumar over MSNBC. Just remember that even Kal Penn took a job at the White House.

Unions were formed within the past 250 years to combat one-sided bargaining power struggles and to protect the working class from the face-slapping hands of employers. Right now, those founding principles seem to be a bit distant and almost forgotten about to some people. Employers and managers have stooped as low as to expose inherent flaws within collective bargaining agreements, snaking in and out of holes and cracks and they've infected a lot of different skilled trades with the same plagues of division and internal conflict. It's easy to take an enemy down when the enemy has enemies within itself. I see that in my union and even in my local. It's important to remember how unions came about and where we came from, because our self-serving employers would love to send us right back there.

Archived