Stepfather defends three accused of gang-raping daughter

Jashawn R.

"The stepfather of a seven-year-old girl who US police say was gang-raped at a party by at least five men is defending three of them, saying they tried to get his daughter out of the apartment where she was attacked, but were stymied by others who held them at gunpoint.

"These three had nothing to do with nothing; I don't know why they locked them up," the father said of Gregory Leary, 20; Timear Lewis, 19; and a 17-year-old whom authorities have not identified because of his age.

"My daughter said these guys were trying to help her," the father said.

In all, five men and boys have been arrested on suspicion of raping the girl. The other suspects are aged 13 and 14.

Police said the seven-year-old was prostituted out by her 15-year-old stepsister, who watched as she was raped by as many as seven men and boys at a party on March 28."

Here is the link to the rest of the story...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/stepfather-defends-three-accused-of-gangraping-daughter-20100409-rvhm.html

What do you think of this?. Any comments?

This is sad.

What is this moron even saying "My daughter said these guys were trying to help her..."? He's obviously just as sick as these kids are, especially considering he has a 15-year-old whoring his own sister out. He's basically advocating the rape, and therefore, he's just as guilty as the people who committed this heinous act.

Anyone here familiar with the justice system that's in effect behind bars? You can be a mass murderer, a drug lord, a grand larcenist, a gang leader and a terrorist and encounter few problems in the penitentiary system. But you just don't (F)*(C)(K) with kids... or you'll get yours. And trust me... though the stepfather and stepsister should get theirs, the convicted rapists will most definitely get theirs.

I see nowhere in the article that says to me the stepfather should get his in any way shape or form. The stepsister should be in some major crap. But three who tried to help the victim, I can at least say they tried to do something about it. The ones the stepfather are trying to defend were said by the victim that they had nothing to do with it. I'd take her word for it unless I there's reasonable doubt of her statement.

I see nowhere in the article that says to me the stepfather should get his in any way shape or form. The stepsister should be in some major crap. But three who tried to help her, I can at least say they tried to do something about it. The ones the stepfather are trying to defend were said by the victim that they had nothing to do with it. I'd take her word for it unless I there's reasonable doubt of her statement.

"Should" is different from "will." The victim is seven and regardless as to whether she was violated by one or one hundred people that night, she's probably already suffering from some sort of PTSD or trauma or just plain shock. I'm wondering if the stepfather commented on the other suspects and not just the ones who supposedly "helped" the victim. You do have a point though regarding the veracity of her statement: she's seven, and kids at that age will not only say things to protect themselves and those close to them (my baby brother used to tell my mother not to smack me every time I pushed him around when we were kids), they are also easily impressionable, and she may have blacked out during the scene and couldn't recall faces or the number of people involved... a number of things.

My whole point is that it's a sad story, and if the father has yet to condemn the people who did commit the crime, then I don't understand why he'd want to defend those who supposedly "helped" this girl. Also, and I didn't put this across clearly, but there's obviously something wrong with this family for a fifteen-year-old girl to pimp her sister out. I don't care who says what about "parents don't know what goes on" and "product of the environment" and "kids will do what they want." Bull-ish. A functioning family, regardless of where and how many people live in the house, shouldn't have this kind of tragedy occur. People can argue that all they want, but ultimately, the apple never falls too far from the tree.

The stepfather doesnt sound like hes trying to cover for those who did it. So no one can say hes a piece of crap or anything.

Who cares what he says or doesn't say? Either he raised those kids to have such poor morals that one whored out her younger stepsister, he married into a family and didn't lay down strict enough rules to keep that kind of nonsense from happening, or he just really didn't parent at all. Decenting parenting and a strong sense of family allows for a kid, boy or girl, to experiment with weed and alcohol, stay out past curfew, break a neighbor's window and steal a candy bar and p-mag from the corner store. Decent parenting and a strong sense of family doesn't allow for seven-year-old girls to attend parties with a dozen teenagers in crime-wrought housing projects and it definitely doesn't for a fifteen-year-old girl to play pimp to her baby sister.

This is the stuff that's starting to mark the end of society.

As punishment, they should let Bubba have a (F)uckin' field day on the men who raped her.

The older sister should be locked up.

As punishment, they should let Bubba have a (F)uckin' field day on the men who raped her.

Agreed ^

I second that. Unfortunately, Bubba might end up serving more time than the kids would for several cases of First Degree Assault on a minor.

The big sis definitely needs to have her ass in the can. Let her be call girl this time. ROLL CALL, that is. B)

Believe me.Bubbas in prison dont like uspects that are thrown into Dblock who harm children.The prison guards spread the word about certain inmates who come in for these offenses.

Believe me.Bubbas in prison dont like uspects that are thrown into Dblock who harm children.The prison guards spread the word about certain inmates who come in for these offenses.

The Bubbas don't like child harmers. More the reason for Bubba to practically kill 'em

• 2 weeks later...

Archived