Private lines, Pre-MTA

Deaks

Someone mentioned in another thread that there was a lack of pix of the private bus lines in their pre-MTA days. So here's some that I have taken over a couple of visits to New York in 2003 and 2004.

14861.jpg

My favourites, the NYBS Fishbowls. This one's at Madison Square Park in the PM rush.

14903.jpg

Another one of the Fishbowls, this is on 72nd Street (I think). I was on my way to Big Nick's when I took a few here so 72nd it is, I assume.

1602.jpg

Similarly smart MCI Classic.

227E60thStreet.jpg

Scruffy-looking old Green Bus Lines RTS at the Manhattan end of the Q60.

282071stAvenue.jpg

Triboro RTS on 'training bus' duties in Queens. I have written down that it's at 71st Street and Queens Blvd.

302371stAvenue.jpg

Another Triboro bus at the same location, this time an Orion V.

70274thStreet.jpg

One more Triboro shot, this time a raggedy-looking RTS at the 74th Street subway station. Evidently cosmetic appearance was not too important to Triboro.

QueensSurface482Flushing.jpg

A Queens Surface Orion V in Flushing.

JamaicaBuses3859Jamaica.jpg

Then a Jamaica Bus Lines RTS near to the LIRR station in Jamaica.

LibertyLines3057.jpg

A Liberty Lines MCI Classic. I think this was taken at or near Madison Square Park. When I returned here last October the road layout had altered somewhat...!

47664x436.jpg

The only Command shots I have are scans of prints, so this one of a gas-powered RTS on Fifth Avenue will have to do.

PICT0087.jpg

Then after the MTA takeover, a repainted MCI Classic.

Thanks fellas. When I went back to New York last year it was a bit 'bland' compared to previously, with everything apart from the tour buses and the coaches to New Jersey all blue and white.

....btw where's my truck pics?

Sh*t, I forgot all about that. This week Dan for sure.

Archived