SEPTA SILVERLINER V introduction event

Bustitution

Mentioned before and mentioned again a reminder that This week only Tuesday through Thursday the Test models of the Silverliner V will be on display at Suburban station from 11am to 6pm. The married pair 801~802 will be the display cars.

For more info

http://railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=72&sid=7766e3bd3c343e527eb3de010432547c

Here is a quick shot I took yesterday while passing by

dfgf.jpg

Half-cabs or full cabs?

half cabs. the engineers are angry because we got railfan seats now, like on the EL! They want full cabs. They don't want passenger enjoyment. They want elbow space. :mad::mad::mad:

I am not sure if the remaining units are gonna be full cabs or half cabs, though.

half cabs. the engineers are angry because we got railfan seats now, like on the EL! They want full cabs. They don't want passenger enjoyment. They want elbow space. :mad::mad::mad:

I am not sure if the remaining units are gonna be full cabs or half cabs, though.

The production models will have full width cabs.

Sweet i wonder if I will be able to ride a set when im down in Oct for the fan charter of the old Sliverliner II's

I went down today also

[CRAPPY PHOTOS]

The ones down there are Single ended cars as will be the rest of the 800 series fleet. the 700 series will be double ended and i think they might be full cabs

I got in total, 10 presentable pics of them http://njtransitinfo.totalh.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=27

But they all are either too bright or too dark... and some are blurry... still they're worth looking at

I have to say, these are very solid trains, Hyundai Rotem did a fantastic job on them and it does look like the Bambardier M7 in some aspects...

If you look on Railroad.net SEPTA forum, the other railfans are pointing out how bad the welding is by the front ends of the cars. The welding is bad it looks like you can pull the exterior apart!

Not bad,although the front isnt too appealing.Maybe Hyundai-Rotem might win a (MTA) order 1 day...:P

lol yeah, if they're technical expertise improves at any given point in the future. the quality of their past products haven't been completely up to par with that of the big three (Alstom, Bombardier, Kawasaki).

If you look on Railroad.net SEPTA forum, the other railfans are pointing out how bad the welding is by the front ends of the cars. The welding is bad it looks like you can pull the exterior apart!

It appears that way, but when I was there a few friends tried to trash the train by jumping, pulling on the poles, etc, and nothing budged. Its pretty dang solid if you ask me

Nice to see SEPTA is finally getting some new cars...however..in my opinion...these have to be some of the ugliest MU's I've ever seen in my life...for any railway:(...it seems attractive equipment had its booms in the 60' to late 80's and after that (especially MU's) car designs went out the window, like I said, thats just my opinion. But back to the brightside....im sure passengers will be happy to see some new trains.

Archived