R179 Discussion Thread

BMT4Life

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest rumors about the R179 is that they will kill off the R44.Another rumor is that they kill off both the R44 and R46 and even the R68/A.And another rumor is that the r179 will kill off the MK R42s R32s the R40Ms and the R44s.And another rumor is that it will be a 75ft R160

But personally i think that the R179 will kill off the R44,R32,40M and the R46.Leaving the R68/A as the only non NTT fleet left in the B div.

this "R 179" whatever it is, it does not need to kill off the R32.

kill off the 44/46's, i don't care (i would actually be happy if it killed off the 46's but anyway) the R32's are in Excellent condition and they would last for another 60 years if properly maintained

but then again it would be pretty weird if they killed off all the older trains except for the R32, you'd have the R32 from the 60's compared with other trains from the 80's and recently, and it would be just so different lol

You really need to lighten up kid. B)
Uh, No. The R179 is just a rumor. It was overheard by two transit employees BSing about what the next train is going to be. There is no plan or blue prints in place for this so called R179 which is why I call BS on this R179 theory.

Uh, No. The R179 is just a rumor. It was overheard by two transit employees BSing about what the next train is going to be. There is no plan or blue prints in place for this so called R179 which is why I call BS on this R179 theory.

Ok thank you. That's is what you should have posted to begin with instead of posting BS.

Ok The R179 there is truth to it. Right now its my understanding its still on the drawing board which will be a 75FT version of the R 160. It is intended at this time to replace the R44/46 fleet only. I got my information from a Supt. I tought they were not going to have another 75 car but who knows that can change.

Also when ever they do make it in service the plan right now is to send them directly to Queens.

Ok The R179 there is truth to it. Right now its my understanding its still on the drawing board which will be a 75FT version of the R 160. It is intended at this time to replace the R44/46 fleet only. I got my information from a Supt. I tought they were not going to have another 75 car but who knows that can change.

Also when ever they do make it in service the plan right now is to send them directly to Queens.

Maybe it will be 67ft like the R110B.Since they already have C/R boards for 67ft trains could be posslble.

Well I hope they don't because those R46s are the best 75 footers we got. Those cabs are sleepers man.

GOOD!

they should not make it a 75 foot car since a 10-car 60 foot train kinda looks longer than a 8-car 75 foot train

The R179 is in its planning stages its not a "rumor" overheard by Two Tranist Employees BS'ing..

I got my info from a Supt where did you get yours from?

GOOD!

they should not make it a 75 foot car since a 10-car 60 foot train kinda looks longer than a 8-car 75 foot train

But an 8 car train of 75 footers can hold more than a 10 car train of 60 footers. Also, two less cars you have to order for every full 600 ft. train.

Also remember Dave those R179's are supposed to go to the Staten Island Railway as well to replace those cars.

Its going to take a minute but they are coming like it or leave it..

I think the R46 needs replaced by the R179.Over the past couple of weeks the R46s have been becoming crap. Making weird noises.The floor starts vibating when the train is braking.And just when the train stops trucks jerk vioently.Jamaica is just not keeping up with them anymore.Or age is just catching up to them.

Archived