NJ teen charged with making racial comments over PA at "Whole Foods" store

Shortline Bus

NJ Teen Charged For Racist Comment In Whole Foods

Police Say 14-Year-Old Girl Grabbed Supermarket Microphone And Announced 'All Blacks Leave The Store'

EDGEWATER, N.J. April 13, 2010 (AP) ―Police in northern New Jersey say a 14-year-old girl grabbed a supermarket microphone and announced, "All blacks leave the store."

The case is similar to what happened on two occasions at a Gloucester County Wal-Mart in Southern New Jersey.

In the latest incident, Edgewater police say they were called after the girl made the announcement over the Whole Foods Market's public-address system at the courtesy desk on Saturday afternoon.

The girl, whose name was not released because of her age, is charged with bias intimidation and harassment.

In the Wal-Mart incidents, a 16-year-old Atlantic County boy faces the same charges after police said he ordered all blacks to leave the Washington Township store on March 14 and just after Christmas.

(© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

http://wcbstv.com/local/all.blacks.leave.2.1629126.html

If she actually gets a punishment for criminal charges because of this, I will officially do this to myself 100 times:

facepalm.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

Why shouldn't she get punished for this?

Laughable that they're pressing criminal charges. Talk about extreme pandering.

Excuse you?

Excuse you?

If the kid said "all white people leave the store" it would be a non-issue. It wouldn't even be a news story. We wouldn't even have a thread here on this very forum.

Your naivety is excused.

Why shouldn't she get punished for this?

Excuse you?

Key word is CRIMINAL charges. People take this teen stupidity way too seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if the people convicting the girl did the same thing when they were young. All she should get is a lecture and a warning that next time, she won't be let off so easy.

If the kid said "all white people leave the store" it would be a non-issue. It wouldn't even be a news story. We wouldn't even have a thread here on this very forum.

Your naivety is excused.

I feel it much easier to simply ignore your comments than to explain the fallacy of your logic. Your ignorance is forgiven friend.

Key word is CRIMINAL charges. People take this teen stupidity way too seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if the people convicting the girl did the same thing when they were young. All she should get is a lecture and a warning that next time, she won't be let off so easy.

Is that really the precedence we want to send to kids? "Do something that offends people and you'll get a slap on the wrist." Plus it was a copycat crime. That's something you don't want to give momentum to.

I feel it much easier to simply ignore your comments than to explain the fallacy of your logic. Your ignorance is forgiven friend.

Where's the fallacy? Why haven't you reasoned your point? Could it be because...you have no point? Could it be because you're full of shit?

Gotta agree there, the media will jump on the story and hype it up because it is singling out a 'minority' group. Simply insert: asian, hispanic, etc.

It is all about 'political correctness'. Why has everyone become so thin skinned? Of course that doesn't justify what that idiot did, but this person is getting attention that is undeserved that's worse than the crime itself.

Gotta agree there, the media will jump on the story and hype it up because it is singling out a 'minority' group. Simply insert: asian, hispanic, etc.

It is all about 'political correctness'. Why has everyone become so thin skinned? Of course that doesn't justify what that idiot did, but this person is getting attention that is undeserved that's worse than the crime itself.

A-*******-plus.

It would be even more interesting if someone would have catch her on tape, making out with a young black teen boy. What she did should make people question what is going on in her home, but then again, these are the usual ones who would hop on a huge tootsie roll, faster than a single sexy white girl at an NBA or NFL game..........

That's so true Megabus! Its not about how much hype the media put on it, or which specific group was discriminated against, its the fact that what the person did was wrong and should be handled as such! Point blank, no need to flip the "its only minorities card" because just because it was doesn't make this kid's actions right! Heck, you wouldn't want to be hearing this at your local store would you? Now don't get me wrong I am not meaning to offend the easily offended, but lay off that minorities drug and come into the real world!

:mad:

=== ranting over =====

Where's the fallacy? Why haven't you reasoned your point? Could it be because...you have no point? Could it be because you're full of shit?

Being a minority does not come with special privileges. If a group of black kids went into a store and ordered all the white people (or any other group) to get out, they would be subject to the same punishment as these kids. Asking for fair justice and fair treatment is not pandering to any group. Just because someone's black doesn't mean they should be devoid of the same fair treatment as anyone else.

For the record, I wasn't going to reply because I didn't want to start a war of verbal words, but it appears youre not only ignorant, but full of shit yourself. Maybe you need to stop hiding behind your anti pc banner and see what you're really advocating. Telling anyone to leave a store because of inane reasons (such as the colour of their skin) should not be acceptable in any circumstance.

And your ignorance is still forgiven, friend.

When all else fails: accuse the poster of being a racist. Instead of regurgitating false and irrelevant points, why not come up with something original? Why not go the extra mile and perhaps come up with something intelligent?

Your entire first paragraph there is a wonderworld of wishful thinking and is largely devoid of reality (by the way, your use of the word devoid is incorrect, seeing as 'fair treatment' is something that is applied and not possessed). If you took the time to actually read the posts in this thread, you would have surely come across the following:

It's sad that you even buy into this media hype.

Now as far as that second half of verbal diarrhea, it's another sad example of how liberal media tends to confuse anti-PC and racism. I fully understand why you might confuse the two, especially seeing as you suck from the teat of liberal media; never fear however, for some good old education has arrived. Anti-PC"-ism" and racism are two unrelated ideas. Don't let Keith Olbermann or Arianna Huffington brainwash you into believing otherwise.

Archived