(V) Express Train (Sorry No Photos)

R44 CNG

Ok, so after foaming with bveguy, I was just taking my daily route home. I got off the (E) at 71st and waited for the (F). As i was waiting an R160 (R) train pulls in and across the platform I hear a train dumping. This means an R160 (R) came in on the other side too. I think the R160 (R) is the only train that dumps at 71st. Anyways I see an R46 coming in on the express track and guess what...its the (V) Train!!! Next thing I heard was this (V) will be going express to Roosevelt. Damn I wish i had my camera this day...Does anybody know why this happened?

Ok, so after foaming with bveguy, I was just taking my daily route home. I got off the (E) at 71st and waited for the (F). As i was waiting an R160 (R) train pulls in and across the platform I hear a train dumping. This means an R160 (R) came in on the other side too. I think the R160 (R) is the only train that dumps at 71st. Anyways I see an R46 coming in on the express track and guess what...its the (V) Train!!! Next thing I heard was this (V) will be going express to Roosevelt. Damn I wish i had my camera this day...Does anybody know why this happened?

The train is late...

This happened to me once back a few years ago. I got on an express (V) from Roosevelt to Lexington Ave. BTW, it's called railfanning and not foaming. You'd much rather be using the first term since foaming isn't something you'd be wanting to brag about...

I think the term when this happens is called a "battery run" this happens all the time, mostly when a train is running late (like bveguy said) so they'll make it run express in a certain point (usually between 2 major stops) so it can catch up to its normal schedule.

Here are SOME examples (there's a trillion ways/possibillities but here's one for each line that I've noticed)...

-(1) going non-stop from Dyckman to 225 St, then to 241 St

-(2)/(5) going non-stop from Flatbush to Church Avs

-(3) going express from Franklin to Atlantic Avs

-(4) going via Jerome express

-(6) express from Parkchester to Pelhan Bay

-(A) non-stop from Far Rockaway to Broad Channel

-(:( via Concourse express

-(C) via 8 Av espress

-(D) via West End and/or Concourse express

-(F) via Culver express or Crosstown

-(J)/(Z) going non-stop from Chambers to Essex Sts

-(L) gong non stop from Bedford Av to Union Sq

-(M) via West End and/or 4 Av express

-(N) via Sea Beach, West End and/or Astoria express

-(Q) via Brighton Express

-®/(V) via Queens Blvd express

-(W) via Astoria express

As for the whole 'foaming' thing...that's not a good term around here lol

Once I was on an (R) that went express from Woodhaven Boulevard to Roosevelt Avenue. Unfortunately, there was an (E) across the platform that was just leaving, so even the battery run didn't help us catch up to it. I'm assuming that there was a train behind us, since there were a lot of people at Grand Avenue-Newtown and Elmhurst Avenue

My favorite battery runs are on the (L) cuz its only 2 tracks the entire trip. Here are some examples that I've been on...

-From Bedford Av to Union Sq, then to 8 Av

-From Bway Junction to Livonia Av, then to Canarsie

-From Bway Junction to Myrtle-Wyckoff

-From Myrtle-Wyckoff to Morgan, then to Lorimer St

Archived