Via Newark-Penn & Harrison

Brighton Local

• 4 weeks later...
Nice shots Zach!

I've also noticed from other pics that there are alot of double headed AEM7's out there. Does anyone know why?

Its for more power if the train has quite a load of cars.

Nice vids! Are those engines electric??
Yes, electric locos they are.

Nice shots Zach!

I've also noticed from other pics that there are alot of double headed AEM7's out there. Does anyone know why?

Equipment moves and sometimes even the mighty toaster craps out. Pablo, I'm not sure I agree with you as I think an AEM7 could pull a longer train than what a typical Regional is. If I'm wrong I stand corrected.

Equipment moves and sometimes even the mighty toaster craps out. Pablo, I'm not sure I agree with you as I think an AEM7 could pull a longer train than what a typical Regional is. If I'm wrong I stand corrected.

I remember there was an engineer in that second locomotive (AEM-7). He was reading a newspaper and not doing anything else. I tried once to get his attention but it was too noisy and he was reading something interesting in the paper.

• 2 weeks later...

On the video one up from the bottom it sounds like it has a flat spot on 2 or more axles. On the multilevels NJT uses often they will have a flat spot on the trailing bogie making for a noisier than usual ride on an otherwise quite silent car design.

- Andy

I remember there was an engineer in that second locomotive (AEM-7). He was reading a newspaper and not doing anything else. I tried once to get his attention but it was too noisy and he was reading something interesting in the paper.

So this extra engineer maybe had full power on but not exactly applying it?

Archived