2010 NBA and NHL Post Season Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If LeBron and Kobe don't meet in the finals then I'm never watching NBA basketball again. It's not a bluff. I'm serious.

It's you call Mr. Wilson. I still watch the NBA. However i admit the tv ratings for another Orlando-Lakers or dare we say Phoneix-Orlando Championships will be in the toliet and only hardcore Laker and NBA fans will watch.

Not to mention the NBA has already lost at least tens of millions in last couple of season from the mega recession and many teams having empty arenas due to overpriced ticket prices. So the NBA really does need a Lebraon-Kobe final.:P

If LeBron and Kobe don't meet in the finals then I'm never watching NBA basketball again. It's not a bluff. I'm serious.

The number of actual NBA games I've watched per season, since like '06/'07, declined each year.... it has nothin to do w/ who I'd like to see in the finals....

Don't think for a second that all these high scoring games this season, weren't planned to lure ppl. into watching the NBA again.... The Suns scoring 150 something points in regulation; that's some arcade type 'ish....

(proof for the non-believers: http://www.nba.com/games/20100316/MINPHX/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore)

The NBA used to have an "identity"... nowadays (like most professions), it's just 12 men on an active roster, per team, sitting back & collecting a check.... Just look @ how these point guards are driving the lane... untouched... and if someone dares makes ANY type of contact, a foul is called....

You're not the only person who I've heard of, make a stand on not ever watching the NBA ever again....

I used to enjoy watching the NBA draft... now you get these guys, like, wtf are these people.....

man, give me like 3-5 more years, and there's a very good chance I might be singin that same tune you are... regardless if the Nets come here to Brooklyn... it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that to get me as interested as I USED to be, in the NBA....

To be honest I could care less about the final two. The day the Knicks are relevant again is the day I watch any playoff games from game one to whatever.

join the club, my friend.....

because you are gonna be waiting a looooong time before that happens.

didn't they just finish paying off Marcus Camby about 2 yrs ago... that nigga aint been on the knicks since odd-2 ('02)

smh... but lmao @ the same time....

Yup, bad deals after bad deals.... I'm glad Walsh is at least cleaning up most of the shit left behind from the years. Still got a while to go. But with two max contract spots freed up, it is a brighter future for them.

Now they need to dump Dantoni. The Suns showed how much better they are because they can defend than be a one dimensional offensive team which Dantoni likes so much. The Knicks can't defend for shit. Some of those close 3pt loses could've been wins, if they had a better defense.

Not to get too off topic but ESPN hardly never mentions in it's 'news shows' ie Sportcenter or 'Outside the Lines' the problems the NBA faces such as some of the highest ticket prices among the '4' major sports and because of the recession there was 'empty seats' in places like Atlanta and Charlottte.

Not to mention cultural shift as many European players mainly from Spain and Eastern Europe taking over as well.

Yet Baseball also having a large number of players from Latin America and Asia now gets ripped by the American media for lack of US Born Black Players and most of the fans at MLB games now being "Caucasian' (Not trying to make it a 'race issue' but i think it's a social class issue)

Same goes for all of the '3' major sports including the NBA with most at games being "Caucasian' yet ESPN never mentions much problems in the NBA.

Also does the NBA really need a good Knicks team to improve it's US television ratings. No joke the NBA Finals TV ratings i read somewhere in last few years are better in Spain & China now than in the US it's 'home' country.

Maybe our sports fans like B35 via Church, Nel, Mr. Wilson aka Forest Glen and Concourse could explain? My overall question is the '4' major sport leagues pricing out the common people like us and only want the 'super rich' and celebrities?

Blacks don't like baseball because of its perception as a suburban sport. It requires a field, a specific number of players, equipment, and organization. It is not a fast paced sport. Those factors explain why inner city blacks are turned off by baseball. It's not racism. Every Sunday I play softball (I suck but at least I have fun).

What i meant to ask Forest Glen, Nel GC, or B35 is that why when i atttend even NBA games last couple of years, w/ Knick, Sixer and Net games most of the fans in attendence are white in a sport that perceived to be a 'Black' sport?

I was asking more about the fact the average sports fan being priced out of games including 'poor whites' and thus maybe why the NBA/NHL tv ratings are low compared to the NFL MLB and even NASCAR. This is meant guys as a money issue question and not race.

Blacks don't like baseball because of its perception as a suburban sport. It requires a field, a specific number of players, equipment, and organization. It is not a fast paced sport. Those factors explain why inner city blacks are turned off by baseball. It's not racism. Every Sunday I play softball (I suck but at least I have fun).

Well I do agree about those points especially about finding enough people to fill two teams and then the need for the gloves.

Basketball you can have at minimum 1 on 1 and a ball and a hoop.

Now to add onto that, I think MLB you have to go thru several levels before you get to the majors and some could spend their whole careers in the minors and never be a regular in the majors.

The NBA, I think [not familiar with the set up], is more automatic where players would eventually make it to the majors.

Well I do agree about those points especially about finding enough people to fill two teams and then the need for the gloves.

Basketball you can have at minimum 1 on 1 and a ball and a hoop.

Now to add onto that, I think MLB you have to go thru several levels before you get to the majors and some could spend their whole careers in the minors and never be a regular in the majors.

The NBA, I think [not familiar with the set up], is more automatic where players would eventually make it to the majors.

In the NBA (only has a summer off season minor league of about i think 8-10 teams for 'drafted rookies' from college and Europe)and NFL uses major colleges across America to draft players and thus they go immedaetly to the major clubs and no minor leagues. While MLB and NHL Hockey do have a 'minor league' system.

A problem for a kid from inner city playing the NFL and NBA is that their careers on average are much shorter than someone who does make to MLB.

Plus a NBA team only has 15 spots(12 starters and '3' non playing reserves)so that only 400 jobs and very hard to make.

That why for a kid who a multi sport star should pick MLB, because a good player could play until they at least 40. While in the NFL or NBA their carrer is already over by age 40 and getting the big money.

Regarding NBA and NHL playoff results from Monday 5/10/10.

The Magic sweep the Hawks in maybe the worst playoff series blowout in league history. I am sure more flies were watching this game than actual tv viewers as the arena in Atlanta was a ghost town by the end of the game.

As expected Orlando makes it back to the NBA East Division Finals.

In the NBA West, as expected the Lakers return to the West Divison Finals beating the Jazz in 4-game sweep.

NHL

The Habs beat the Pens and in a huge surprise have taken the Stanley Cup Champions to a final 7th game in their NHL East Division semifinal series.

Also the Flyers have forced a game #6 against the Bruins.

Other than the excellent Lakers-Thunder 1st round series, the NBA playoffs as a whole this year has been a bore imo. The Stanley Cup playoffs has been very good so far.

I am sure Forest Glen has thrown a shoe at his TV tonight :eek::oon 5/12/10 as the Celtics are destroying the Cavs in Cleveland as they lead 80-60 at end of 3rd period. Barring the biggest comeback in NBA post season history Boston will now lead 3 games to 2. And the dream Kobe-Lebraon championship series America and the sports world has been waiting for is now in serious doubt of happening.

I am sure Forest Glen has thrown a shoe at his TV tonight :eek::oon 5/12/10 as the Celtics are destroying the Cavs in Cleveland as they lead 80-60 at end of 3rd period. Barring the biggest comeback in NBA post season history Boston will now lead 3 games to 2. And the dream Kobe-Lebraon championship series America and the sports world has been waiting for is now in serious doubt of happening.

...heads to the bathroom and regurgitates...

Oh well. The WNBA starts in a couple of weeks...

I still think it'll be the Magics again. Even if Cleveland won, they'd have to play against the Magics and that's not an easy matchup.

My guess is this will be a repeat of last year's finals.

Well my friend if Lebron does not go lights out the next 2 games vs the Celtics it wont happen. And I am sure the Disney folks at ABC/ESPN and David Stern are also very unhappy as well.

LeBron gave up... his heart aint in it.

I have to say, the comparisons b/w him... and Kobe or MJ should cease, after this season's over....

Can we add in maybe the most underrated great player in basketball history imo Tim Duncan as well that comparing Lebron to MJ and Kobe to also. Like it or not although James is a more gifted player, until proven otherwise give me Duncan any day of the week as a clutch player and thus 3 NBA world titles.:tup:

Did anyone hear that post game conference out of LeBron? It's almost like he's absolving himself of any blame....

"Great" players in any sport just don't do that.... Especially in the playoffs.

Exactly what I eluded to, when I said earlier that his regressing maturity....

Can we add in maybe the most underrated great player in basketball history imo Tim Duncan as well that comparing Lebron to MJ and Kobe to also. Like it or not although James is a more gifted player, until proven otherwise give me Duncan any day of the week as a clutch player and thus 3 NBA world titles.:tup:

I guess you could, but ya don't really hear of ppl. comparing him to Duncan as much....

I do agree w/ the rest of your post, though.

Even in a best case scenario, the Cavs can't beat the Magic (who are red hot). I'm used to disappointment. The only silver lining I can think of is that this may encourage LeBron to leave Cleveland.

Watching Mike & Mike in the morning right now....

Being that Mike (Golic) is actually from Cleveland, and listening to the "e-mail responses" of ppl. that listen to the show....

some Cleveland fans are already calling for his head... talking about they want Wade instead...

Archived