What Depot do you like and why?

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I have several, so I'll just pick my top three:

1. Jackie Gleason. Why? CNG! Yeah, I know West Farms and College Point and Spring Creek have them too, but I've been taking the B35 bus for as long as I can remember, so Gleason leads the way!
  2. Yukon: Good depot, I love taking an Orion 5 on the S79 on my way home, not to mention I've been on their RTS' as well on the S44 and S61 back in 2008 before they left. (Please come back!!!)
  3. Michael J. Quill: Knows how to take care of their buses.

If I had to pick. I like mostly the Brooklyn and Manhattan bus depots (I can't speak on a consistent basis concerning the different routes, buses(and maintenance of other depots in the outer boroughs). But my top five (not in order of importance) would be Flatbush, Jackie Gleason, Grand Ave, Manhattanville and Michael J. Quill. Varying fleets and routes along with superb maintenance.

I have several, so I'll just pick my top three:

1. Jackie Gleason. Why? CNG!!

Can't agree with you any more. I went up to Gleason for the first time in years, and I've had an enjoyable time with the CNGs.

Among other depots:

CP - Closest CNG depot. Buses sound real good.

JAM - Riding routes from this depot since I've moved to Queens. Gotta love their RTS and NGs.

I am a Brooklyn man, and I will say this!

1. Flatbush and Grand Avenue are rocking around with those Orion VII NGs and RTS buses.

2. East New York and Fresh Pond Road with their RTS and Orion VII Hybrids, now those are cool.

3. Spring Creek for their Orion V CNG, Orion VII Hybrids and the MCI D4500CT (Newest bus) and D4500CLs. Now those are cool.

4. Ulmer Park is RTS heaven and some cool MCI cruisers as well the D4500 and the D4500CLs.

5. Jackie Gleason with their Orion V CNG, the Orion VII CNG, and the one and only New Flyer C40LF buses. C40LF only in Jackie Gleason, nowhere else!

I'm happy where I am at and I hope I am able to stay after the next system pick. Ulmer Park Depot. My fellow B/O's are all cool. Get along great with the dispatchers there and the union reps are great too. It's not the prettiest depot. We got the oldest buses.. But the people make it a good atmosphere to work in.

I trained out of West Farms and I could deal with working there if I got bumped to the Bronx.

Only other one I have been to is Quill the few times I did the Express when I was on the list.. Too big for my likings.. Feel like ya get lost in the sea of people and things going on there.. And the Yard Disp. is kind of a.. ummm.. (being nice) not so friendly.. I cant deal with people like that on a daily basis. Just puts you in a bad mood.

Here are my favorites,in no particular order.

Fresh Pond:I was born into this depot while living along the B54 route and I remember One of my first rides was on a GMC fishbowl.I still remeber passengers using the pink transfers.Now the B54 is hybrid country.

LGA depot: Once a staple for getting around during the days of triboro coach.

Queens Village depot: Favorite route the Q83 and was once a depot with a large majority of Orion 5 diesels:) Also the first depot where I rode my first Orion 7 Hybrid.

Flatbush is my favorite: B41 is my favorite route and the RTS/NG07 combos are awesome. All of their routes have great headways except for the B2 and B31.

I also like Jackie Gleason cause it's my home borough, Spring Creek and LaGuardia.

1. Fresh Pond: its been my favorite since day 1, and they also have one of the most unique RTS's there (although the number is slowly lowering :()

2. Grand Avenue: the newest one and already running up the ranks. Its a nice building in an industrial area in the middle of nowhere.

3. Manhattanville: The only way there is down a hill into the valley (Manhattan Valley)

4. College Point: Love the fact that its the biggest stronghold of Orion V CNG's and that fact that its the only depot I never seen yet.

1. Jamaica - My Home Depot, however if it was still 100% RTS it probably would have been last on the list.

2. Baisley Park - My Second Home Depot.

Between my 2 home depots there's RTSs, O5's, OG's, NG's, & MCI's, (D60HF's too if they return).

3. Mitchell Field - I just do.

4. Rockville Centre - I just do.

5. Yukon - I just do.

6. College Point - I like those Nascar CNG's.

My favorite depot is Gunhill because I live and go to school less than 1/2 a mile away from it and the fleet is quite new with the '03 D60HF, Orion VII NG and of course the NovaBus LFSA's. The sound of those LFSA's is amazing. I hate West Farms because they have RTS and almost 70% of the depot is Orion VII CNG with their '03 D60HF used on only 1 route most of the time. All of those are negative points. In Manhattan I like MJQ and Manhattanville because they have Designlines(Smiley face buses) and the hybrid happy culture from Manhattanville gets me excited to see their routes.

The other depots in NYC are all average.

I would like to (H)ear about what Depot you like and why?

For (E)xample ,I like (T)riboro (LGA) due to the Assortment of RTS's they have to go with the locals they have and for my home line back in the day

<Q>19a <Q>69now

They also had an assortment of colors on the panels on their buses............

Kingbridge as number two, cause it was dominantly articulated. Number one would be West Farms, cause they had the 2003 artics (my faves to operate), and the Low Floor CNG's. Those 600series Orions were great also.........

West Farms- Only depot in Bx to house RTS, but damn it, needs to keep buses clean!

Gun Hill- Not just because it has BRT/NovaBUS LFSAs, but because it mostly houses D60s :P and the Bx40/42ssssssssssss

LGA- ex-Bee Line and many some ex-Triboros to rely on! Plus my fav Q23 is there!

MJQ! Knows how to keep a bus clean!

KB- Only depot to house a Manhattan bus, M100!

Archived